Our Conversation

All of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeyeon-ah. You should really update your IG.” Sooyoung announces as they enter their break room.

The girls all plop on the couch or a chair. They have been working diligently for their comeback and they are past the point of exhaustion. The beautiful beaches of Thailand are not too enjoyable when you’re on the verge of a heat .

But the girls knew they had to work. Although this comment has been overused in multiple fanfictions, it’s very well known that the past year was a rough experience; they are trying their best to jump back on track. They’re so blessed everything hasn’t blown majorly out of proportion and that they still receive undying love and support from their lovely SONEs. This upcoming song is expected to be a hit; a surprising gift. The girls have been hinting themes, giving away hair concepts and clothing, and surprisingly the fans are just letting their minds wander.

Oooohhh~ Are they in for it!

Taeyeon smiles, forgetting what Sooyoung just told her. When Taeyeon opened her Instagram she felt almost at ease seeing that she last logged on with her private account. She saw a lot of fan edits and fan art of the girls from the airport. Many fans were hyped about their comeback. They were ogling over the girls' hair. She saw a lot of good feedback and she felt her confidence boost, even though her exhaustion.

There was hope that things would get better.

Yoona walks to a mirror, but first peeps at Taeyeon's phone. “What are you gonna post? A picture of your boyfriend again?” Yoona teased.

It took a while for the distracted Taeyeon to respond. She smirks deviously. “As if you don't do that on your private account!” Taeyeon playfully retorted. The girls then giggled at the now-blushing doe-eyed member.

“Ani. I mean your official account.” Sooyoung protested, breaking the laughter.

Tiffany seemed to cut her off with a whine. “I wanted to post something this time~” She was taking her 5th selfie ever since she walked into the room.

“Yah! Cover yourself a little more! You look so scandalous!” Seohyun scolded Tiffany. “You might give our fans the wrong idea.”

“But the fans will love it!” Tiffany kept taking pictures, changing poses or facial expressions every 2 seconds.

“You never know. It may not be the wrong idea. Our precious SONEs are very intelligent.” Hyoyeon claimed as she inspected her reflection.

“What I mean to say is—” Sooyoung tried to speak again.

“Oh, I miss my DooE and Hani!” Yuri suddenly interjected. The girls gave her a questionable look for randomly exclaiming the unnecessary comment. “What? You guys were talking about Instagram, so I opened my account and saw my babies!”

Some of the girls, rolled their eyes, smiling. Kwon Yuri and the daily dose of her royal airheaded-ness was something they all appreciated.

“I miss my Sogeum, too.” Sunny also said as she scrolled through her own Instagram.

“Damnit. I lost my train of thought.” Sooyoung whined as if trying to make everyone guilty of their actions.

“That's a shocker.” Hyoyeon teased. Yoona giggled. They gave each other a high five, causing others to laugh as well.

 

It was such a comfortable environment, especially after what they went through.

It’s not the same, but it’s refreshingly new.

 

“Yah!” Sooyoung almost slaps Hyoyeon. The other girls laugh at their entertaining banter.

“Girls! 10 minutes till places!” One of the PDnims called out.

“Thank you ten!” The girls called out at the same time.

“What were you trying to say Sooyoung-eonni? Taeyeon. Instagram. Update.” Seohyun tried to help her eonni out. The other girls lost interest and began examining their appearance.

“Oh yeah!” Sooyoung stood up and walked toward Taeyeon. Taeyeon simply stared at the taller girl. Sooyoung pressed keys in her phone and showed the current screen to her. Sooyoung paused cautiously, thinking carefully of what she should say. Her voice became low. “You should probably change your bio.” She looked around hoping the girls were still minding their business, but to her dismay, most eyes were on her.

Moments pass.The only movements were thumbs tapping smartphone screens. Suddenly a phone drops; the attention shifts to the noise.

A gasp passes through the air. The member is staring at what seems to be Taeyeon’s biography.

By now, all of the girls realized Sooyoung's concern.

 

 

9

 

The atmosphere became awkward.

Feelings of anger came back. Feelings of guilt wove in.

They were starting to adjust. Why did they have to take a step back?

 

Taeyeon blankly looked at Sooyoung's screen, not bothering to look at her member's reactions as they stared at their leader's Instagram biography. Honestly, she didn’t know what to say.

They’re not ready yet.

Hyoyeon, Yoona, and Sunny have peevish looks on their face. Seohyun tries not to look or feel bitter. Yuri and Tiffany put on a poker face.

Taeyeon shrugs and turns in her chair. “I'll change it when I think of something witty.” She begins touching up on her makeup and cloth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter