One shot

EXO Baekhyun- Gone
 
YOUR POV
 
"Baekhyunnnnn pleaseee I want that unicorn so badly pleaseee", I whined as I tugged on his sleeve.
 
"But jagiya...can we eat first oppa is hungry heh", Baekhyun chuckled and rubbed his toned stomach.
 
"Ugh Baekhyun you are ALWAYS hungry. What is new...aish lets go then", I facepalmed, sighing.
 
*coughs coughs*
 
"Er Baekhyun I need to get to the ladies really quick wait for me here...", as I look down at the red liquid on my palm. With that I boleted to the nearest restroom.
 
*flashback* (2 weeks ago)
 
"Ms (Y/N)...we gave you a full body scan unfortunately we found signs of cancer cells a little too late or shall I say too late...we will try our best to give you the best treatment but in the worse situation...you have a month left. I am really sorry...do you need me to inform your parents?", Mr Lee, the doctor handed me the report in a cream colour envelope.
 
I was literally speechless. So all those headaches and me feeling light-weighted was because of this?? 
 
"Er...er...are...you sure I have....cancer?", I stuttered.
 
"Unfortunately...yes. I am really sorry but we will try giving you the best treatment. Please stay strong in this period", Mr Lee patted my shoulders and gave me a fatherly hug. 
 
"Haha okay okay....yea...I will thank you...", I tried lifting the atmosphere but I guess its not working out.
 
What about Baekhyun...
 
*end of flashback*
 
BAEKHYUN POV
 
"What is taking her so long...maybe hehe she is on her period?", I chuckled.
 
Aish what am I even talking about??  
 
"JAGIYAAAAA", I groaned.
 
Many people stared at me like I was some mad person who lost a girlfriend. 
 
"What am I even talking about gosh no me and (Y/N) will get married and have children", I muttered and smacked my forehead.
 
*few minutes later*
 
"Jagiya what took you so long...I'm...wait (Y/N)-ah why do you look so pale did someone scare my babe or do I look horrible that you are frightened", I pouted and poked (Y/N) shoulder playfully.
 
"No no...I am fine. Lets just grab you food you little starving puppy", (Y/N) ruffled my hair and gave a slight smile.
 
YOUR POV
 
"I am not a puppy alright, I am the mighty and manly Byun Baekhyun and even if I am a puppy...I am your puppy right...", he smiled showing his shiny white teeth (gosh my eyes can't take it)
 
"HAHAHA....Nahhhh, Min Hyuk is my beloved puppy...", I sticked my tongue out playfully and started running.
 
"YAH JAGIYA WHO IS MINHYUK WHO?? WHO IS YOUR PUPPYYYY...I though I was the only puppy in your eyes...", he chased after me and grabbed my waist tightly.
 
"Errr its the puppy I own at home you silly", I chuckled as I ruffled his hair, messing up his hair.
 
"Yah stop it...my hair...and hehe here we are jagiya...", he pouted and it turned to a smile once he saw the food on the menu which were super appetising.
 
"Why is it so empty Baekhyun...are they closed?", I raised a brow asking curiously.
 
"Jagiya...I booked down the whole restaurant hehe preventing you know those fans from disturbing our date especially when today is our anniversary", he stressed the word "anniversary" obviously.
 
"Wait what oh shucks oh no....", I muttered under my breath.
 
I forgot our anniversary?? HOW??
 
"Jagiya is there something wrong?", Baekhyun ask worriedly.
 
I shook my head feeling guilty.
 
"Could you...perhaps forgot our 3rd anniversary???", he raised his voice slightly.
 
I flinched slightly not daring to look into his eyes. A sudden pain shot through my head which lasted a few seconds. That few seconds were the worse few seconds of my life honestly. 
 
"(Y/N), I don't get you. You forgot our last monthsary too and you don't forget things easily and you shouldn't have forgotten our anniversary and monthsary", he said as he lowered down his tone. 
 
"I...I'm sorry baekhyun-ah...please don't be mad at me please", I played with my fingers and murmured.
 
"How could I be angry with my Jagiya...don't forget it next time alright!", he my back and sat down on the cushioned seat.
 
"Baekhyun-ah...I don't think we have a next time...I just wished you knew", I muttered to myself.
 
BAEKHYUN POV
 
"Jagiya what are you thinking about? Have you thought of what to order?", I flipped the menu.
 
"Er I will just get a....potato salad...", she hesitated for a while.
 
What...are you serious...potato salad? Aish maybe she is just not hungry?
 
*after eating* (sry I'm too lazy to get into detail on what they eat but yea ok)
 
"Omg its 11:50pm lets get you home", I took off my jacket and place it over her shoulders as I pecked her cheek.
 
*in the car*
 
"Jagiya you seem so tired...aw you had fun today right! Hehe I hope you did! Alright go on and sleep we have a long ride to your house", I said as I the engine.
 
YOUR POV
 
I was thankful that he is really an understanding boyfriend especially when I forgot our anniversary...I really have a hard time remembering things these few days...what is wrong with me??
 
I look out at the window admiring the scenary as I traced patterns on the car's "window". 
 
Is it just me or is it the sky getting darker and darker and darker...My eyelids fluttered. My arm slided down the glass panel as I felt the surrounding darkened around me. So...sleepy...
 
"JAGIYAAAA WE HAVE ARRIVED", Baekhyun shouted into my ear.
 
Luckily I didn't fall into a super deep slumber that put my life at risk. I didn't want him to bring me to a hospital and end up knowing I have cancer. That would really worry him.
 
I yawned and stretched. Clinging on him and hugging him like he was the tree and I am the koala.
 
"Awww my jagiya is sooo cuteeee", he pinched my cheek.
 
I smacked his hand and pouted getting of his car. It took time before I could stabilise myself. 
 
I was suddenly so shocked that Baekhyun appeared infront of me. Was he some vampire gosh he is fast indeed. 
 
He pulled me into a tight hug. After loosening his hug. He rammed his lips into mine, instead of a peck it was a warm long kiss. It was a perfect end to our anniversary.
 
I bid goodbye as he brought me to my doorstep.
 
"Thank you Baekhyun-ah today was a memorable day and I am really sorry for forgetting our anniversary", I gave him a warmhearted smile.
 
"Don't worry about it already! It's alright! But no next times hehe. Sleep well! Oh by the way I am going on tour next week to Los Angeles for a week! Sorry for telling you so late (Y/N)-ah", Baekhyun bit his lip.
 
Baekhyun-ah would you leave me if I had told you...
 
"Have fun oppa hehe goodnight", I let out a slight chuckle covering my emotional thoughts.
 
As I closed the wooden door seeing baekhyun still waving at me profusely, I slide down against the wall sobbing.
 
"Thank you for all you done...baekhyun-ah but you have to let me go...someday..."
 
*next morning*
 
BAEKHYUN POV
 
*1 Message from Jagiyaaaa :* *
 
"Baekhyun-ah we need to talk lets meet at rhe playground near your dorm"
 
I swear this sentence is super confusing. Like why do girls do this to guys?? We need to talk? What? But why? Talk...? Pregnant? Break up? 
 
"UGH BYUNBAEKHYUN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NO SHE WON'T BREAKUP WITH YOU AND NO SHE COULDN'T BE PREGNANT???", I smacked my head realising how dumb I was. (Yeap baekhyun you are dumb but still cute)
 
Anyways I planned to surprise her with an air ticket hehe to Los Angeles...WITH HER LOVELY BOYRFRIEND A.K.A ME DUH 
 
I slip on a pair of jeans and a plain white shirt with a pair of red converse (hehe namjoon style oops)
 
YOUR POV
 
"Baekhyun-ah we need to talk lets meet at the playground near your dorm", I hesistantly sent it to him.
 
How am I gonna break the news to him wouldn't he be frustrated and leave me after a period of time thinking I am a burden. For that moment that word "burden" ran through my mind several times. 
 
*dials Sehun's number*
 
"Sehun...I need a favour...", I asked him pleadingly.
 
BAEKHYUN POV 
 
I played with my fingers and bit my half frozened lips as I swinged back and forth on the swing.
 
"Yah maknae what are you doing here", I questioned.
 
"Erm (Y/N) asked me to meet her here...why did you ask? How about you?", he crossed his arms and shuddered.
 
"Wait...?(Y/N)...my girlfriend??", I started getting suspicious.
 
What has our relationship have to do with sehun the maknae?? It isn't like (Y/N) mentioned anything about a brother or a cousin. Definitely not a brother especially when they both have different surnames...
 
"Jagiyaaaa you are hereeeee", I squealed in delight as I ran over to hug her.
 
YOUR POV
 
"(Y/N), you can do this...", I took a deep breath and walked nearer to the playground.
 
"Jagiyaaaa you are hereeeee", Baekhyun squealed in delight as he ran over to give me a hug.
 
I sighed and pushed him away as I walked over to sehun nudging slightly him.
 
"Please do it for my sake please"
 
He sighed nodding in agreement.
 
SEHUN POV
 
I grabbed (Y/N) hand and delibrately pulled her closer making all this seem real.
 
"Baekhyun-ah, after these past few years I really think that you deserve a better girl than me. Not a plain looking girl who comes from a poor family without any parents. Don't worry alright sehun is going to...", (Y/N) said tightening her grip. But she was cut off by baekhyun. 
 
"Jagiya aish you are playing another prank because I didn't get that unicorn you wanted right. Aish lets go get it now okayyy", Baekhyun place his arms around her waist attempting to tickle her.
 
YOUR POV
 
"Yah Byun Baekhyun why can't you be serious for once and not play around you are not a teenager anymore learn to accept the hard truth. Lets just not see each other anymore. No hard feelings. Let's just be friend or most likely not meet each other anymore", I tooked a deep breath after finishing my sentence.
 
"Wait...So all I did for you yesterday was just some game to you? All the years we been through the thick and thin it is all just a joke to you? I can't believe you (Y/N), you forgotten our anniversary and our monthsary and I didn't even flare up. You forget everything don't you now that you forget me as a boyfriend and wow now you got sehun. Impressive job, (Y/N), not good enough for me? What thought came to your mind? I stood by your side the whole time. There are so many pretty girls out there and stupidly enough I chose you. You're just another one of those girls who wants fame from me. I was thinking about bringing you on our tour so we could have some alone time you claim that we don't have time for. But i guess you screwed up everything including our relationship. So its over. Just...get out of my sight", he said cruelly giving me a cold stare before he walked away throwing the air ticket on the floor. 
 
"Yah...(Y/N) since you wanted to do this please don't cry...and by the way why did you want me to be here as your new boyfriend like material...", Sehun asked in a curious tone.
 
"Sehun-ah...I only have 2 more weeks to live...and I won't be able to see all of you so what's the point of seeing baekhyun till my day of death. He would break down and he will not focus on his career. I know him too well sehun...why not part with him while I am still here. At least it wouldn't be as painful as then...", I rested my body against sehun's feeling slight groggy.
 
Tears clouded my vision with black polka dots like patterns. Soon the surroundings faded to black
 
"Bye...", I whispered.
 
SEHUN POV
 
"YAH (Y/N) WAKE UP WAKE UP YOU CAN'T LEAVE JUST LIKE THAT HANG ON WE WILL MAKE IT", I lifted her bridal style and ran to the hospital which was luckily not far from here.
 
BAEKHYUN POV 
 
The frustration that was in me slightly went away when I stomped away after hearing a few sobs and sniffs from behind me. I hid behind the bushes eavesdropping. Although we broke up but I just couldn't let her go. She really meant the world to me and it wasn't something I could forgo after a second, a minute, an hour or a day. She was the one who "opened" up my heart and maked me feel truly loved...
 
"....left....career...still here...less painful", was all I heard.
 
What less painful? What did that mean??
 
*Call from Maknae =_= *
 
"HYUNG COME TO XXX HOSPITAL IT IS AN EMERGENCY, (Y/N) FAINTED AND SHE IS TAKING FOREVER TO COME OUT FROM THE EMERGENCY ROOM", Sehun yelled through the phone.
 
"Ugh just handle it yourself...WAIT WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY THAT (Y/N)?? IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM OK OK BYE", I panicked and started running towards the hospital accidently bumping into many people.
 
YOUR POV
 
"Ugh....", I held onto my head and groaned in pain.
 
"Where am I...", I asked as I slowly got up.
 
"Yah...you are still weak don't move so much", a voice came from a corner.
 
"Errr...okay...thanks for your concern...who are you?", I asked politely. 
 
"...what are you talking about...? Obviously I am sehun. Don't you recognise me??", he held onto my shoulder blade and stared at me blankly.
 
"(Y/N)! WHAT HAPPENED I THOUGHT I LOST YOU", another voice came from my left.
 
"How do you guys know my name...what is going on here?", I said as I fiddle with the blanket.
 
"Yah sehun what happen to her...", that adorable browned hair guy (baekhyun) said.
 
BAEKHYUN POV
 
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY TEMPORARY AMNESIA?", I shouted down the hallway. Nurses gave me a slightly annoyed look. I bowed and mouthed sorry before bringing sehun to a corner with me.
 
"Erm hyung I think you understand what is temporary which is for now and not long term and amnesia which is loss of memory...", sehun scratched his head.
 
"But how can this happen...", Baekhyun legs gived in as he leaned his body against the wall.
 
SEHUN POV
 
Baekhyun-ah I really want to tell you the truth besides her having temporary amnesia...but I just don't have the courage to...especially when (Y/N) pleaded me to.
 
"Sehun promise me you won't speak about it please"
 
YOUR POV
 
"Erm but where are you taking me?", I asked the nurse.
 
"Ms (Y/N) we have to start your chemotherapy before its to late. Sorry to hear that you have cancer...", the nurse patted my back as a form of sympathy.
 
"Yes...here we are please lie down at that corner", the nurse opened the door and pointed to her left.
 
I simply nodded sighing...
 
BAEKHYUN POV 
 
"(Y/N)...I am here with your favourite food...", I said as I walked in the room.
 
Unfortunately she wasn't there.
 
"Where are you (Y/N)..."
 
"(Y/N)??"
 
There was still no response. Where could she be...
 
I ran down the corridor of the hospital asking every nurse and doctor I saw on my way. Till a nurse who came out of a room bumped into me.
 
"Sorry erm let me help you with your stuff", I bend down picking up the clipboard and some documents
 
"(Y/N)...? Do you know her? Where is she?", I stayed as calm as I could.
 
"Yea she is in that room for her chemotherapy, see you around", she greeted me and walked briskly away to another room.
 
Chemotherapy...?? Chemotherapy is only for cancer...(Y/N) has...cancer?? She hasn't even mention about her having cancer?
 
YOUR POV
 
"Your chemotherapy for today is done come back the day after tomorrow please make a payment at the counter near the lift lobby", the same nurse said. I simply nodded and thanked her.
 
As I walked down the corridor. Someone suddenly grabbed me from the side causing me to let out a soundless scream. 
 
"(Y/N), where did you go? Do you have anything that you need to tell me?", Baekhyun gripped onto me tightly.
 
That grip was really too familiar. That warmth and how secured it made me felt.
 
"Uh...Baekhyun...let go please...it hurts...", I pleaded him.
 
"No, (Y/N), please I can't afford to lose you anymore I'm sorry for being so harsh on you that day just please stay with me...", Baekhyun hugged me tighter and tighter. 
 
I felt my heart racing which was familiar from years ago.
 
"...so...pretty...", I held his face before suddenly blacking out fainting in his arms.
 
YOUR POV 
 
*2 days later*
 
"BAEKHYUN PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME I'M SORRY...I'm sorry...please...", I then jolt out from the bed gripping onto my hair tightly bawling my eyes out.
 
"(Y/N) you're finally awake...", Baekhyun stretched and ruffled his hair while yawning (aw so cute)
 
"Oh erm Baekhyun-ah what are you doing here I thought we were clear about the break up...", I murmured.
 
"(Y/N), please just stop acting strong...I know about you having cancer and sehun talked to me about it. You would never be a burden to my life jagiya...without you I just can't possibly imagine myself surviving everyday on this earth. I lost my brother...I just afford to lose you. I'm sorry for all those harsh words please take me back (Y/N)-ah. I will be a better boyfriend from now. I will be the guardian angel who protects you and would never let any harm come to you. Please...don't leave me again. We could go to Los Angeles together still and have some time alone. As long as me are together...", Baekhyun held my hand and kissed his soft pink lips on it as he brought my hand near his heart saying,
 
"See this heartbeat? It beats for you and only you jagiya."
 
I was literally speechless and couldn't even mutter a single word out. Just uncontrollable tears streaming down like a river. 
 
I hugged Baekhyun tightly as possible before letting go nodding my head. He carressed my cheeks bringing my face nearer to his before pulling me into a deep kiss.
 
*WEEK OF THE TOUR*
 
YOUR POV 
 
"Jagiya is your luggage too heavy? I could help you with that especially when I am extremely strong and have big muscles", he flexed and kissed his arm muscles smirking at me.
 
"Oppa you are carrying so much stuff yourself. I can manage my luggage myself", I sighed and chuckled at his arrogance.
 
It took really long before we settled in XXX hotel in Los Angeles. About a day? The boys only a few days to rehearsal on the stage before the real concert begins.
 
As they were practising I would pretending to be one of the crazy fans jumping around and purposely shouting out Sehun's name instead of Baekhyun's. 
 
I almost fell over as I felt somebody backhugged me from behind attempting to tickle me.
 
"Yahhhh jagiya why are you shouting sehun's name...aren't I your bias among all of us...especially when I am your boyfriend?", Baekhyun pouted as he turned me around.
 
"Hehe nope too bad", I sticked out my tongue and started running to the backstage till I found sehun and hid behind him saying 
 
"Yah jagiya ~ protect me from this weird guy calling me jagiya ugh so annoying", I whined to sehun.
 
Baekhyun's were enlarged as he shouted, "WHY ARE YOU CALLING SEHUN JAGIYAAAA....".
 
"Aish hyung stop bullying my girlfriend...", Sehun pulled me closer hugging me tighter.
 
"Yah maknae get your hands off her at a count of 3", Baekhyun glared at him.
 
"It was fun playing as your Jagiya for the past few minute. Errr okay bye (Y/N), I better scram before he is going to kill me", Sehun brofisted me and quickened his footsteps out of the backstage.
 
"Bye sehun-ie jagi", I brofisted him back and wink. Literally my partner in crime. It is especially fun to tease Baekhyun hehe.
 
"Yah (Y/N) you owe me lots of kisses. Making me jealous and you even make him your jagi..", he crossed his arms and face his back at me.
 
"Aw you are so cute when you are jealous. SEHUN JAGIIIII...", I shouted.
 
Before I could complete my sentence he placed his index finger against my lips before replacing it with his lips.
 
"You are only mine (Y/N)"
 
*DAY OF CONCERT*
 
To be exact I had about 1 week left. Time flew pass really fast isn't it? Baekhyun wasn't aware about the time I was left with him. Baekhyun-ah I have to go soon...please stay strong. I decided to stop chemotherapy and spend my last few days with the one I love. It is stupid but after all we are all blinded over love and so do I. My love for Baekhyun was explainable. Every second was precious to me.
 
I sat backstage watching the performances as I often see Baekhyun catching glances at me and winking. I winked back and smiled giving him a thumbs up.
 
I took out scrapbook I personally made myself. I started decorating it with the love letters, pictures, polaroid, sweet text messages and taking notes of where we went together around the world touring. It didn't took that long as I planned it all out. All I have to do was to paste all the pictures and etc.
 
After completing it, I flipped through the pages. It brought back so many memories. I can't believe that our days, months and years together would perish in a matter time. Before closing the book, I slot an envelope through a random page. I brought the scrapbook close to my chest and murmured, "I hope this would keep you in memory of me Baekhyun-ah"
 
BAEKHYUN POV
 
"DID YOU GUYS HAVE FUN?!", I shouted across the stadium and panting.
 
The crowd was super reponsive it was filled with screams.
 
I was glad that my beloved fans had enjoyed their time with us. I just couldn't wait to see (Y/N) and probably introduce her to them which probably I will do next time.
 
YOUR POV 
 
The concert finally ended and the boys were at the backstage. Baekhyun gave me a quick peck on the cheek as he started removing his makeup.
 
"Baekhyun-ah...let's take the ferris wheel later together? Lets spend the rest of the night alone?", I asked.
 
He simply nodded and continued removing his makeup.
 
*IN THE FERRIS WHEEL*
 
"So did you enjoy watching our concert?"
 
"Yes I did Baekhyun of course when you are part of it", I pinched his cheek.
 
"Aw so sweet today my jagiya?"
 
"Just for today alright because you did an excellent job. Oppa jjang", I smiled weakly and gave him two thumbs up. How I wish we could stay like this forever.
 
He leaned in and kissed my lips. All the memories flowed through my mind once again. The guy who made my heartbeat race, the guy who made me laugh, the guy who loved me endlessly, Baekhyun. He was the guy who made my life complete.
 
Suddenly, I felt a stabbing pain in my heart. It was too painful to even talk. I trashed around and held onto my chest breathing heavily. My lips turned pale as I lay on Baekhyun's chest.
 
"Baekhyun-ah, please eat well and please find a better girl than me who would love you more than I do...thank you...thank you for the endless love despite...quarrels...I love you Baekhyun-ah...don't ever forget that...", I weakly smiled and cupped his cheeks giving him a kiss on his forehead and then his lips.
 
BAEKHYUN POV
 
"JAGIYA ARE YOU OKAY WHY DO YOU LOOK SO PALE? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHAT FIND ANOTHER GIRL? I ONLY WANT YOU. PLEASE DON'T GO WE STILL HAVE SO MANY THINGS WE HAVEN'T DONE TOGETHER", I broke down and brought her frail body closer.
 
"Let us be couple in our next life...I love you...baekhyun..."
 
The next moment she fainted in my arms. 
 
"WAKE UP (Y/N) WAKE UP IT IS NOT FUNNY PLEASE JUST WAKE UP", I shouted like a lunatic.
 
After minutes, we finally got off the ferris wheel and I called for a taxi that brought us to the emergency room.
 
*At the hospital*
 
"Bring her to the emergency room stat! She is hardly breathing and alive", the doctor pushed (Y/N) body into the emergency room. 
 
"You will be fine jagiya believe in yourself", I held her hand as I ran along with the rescue team. She could hardly catch her breath. She used last of her energy to grip onto my hands before letting go.
 
*after two hours*
 
I was pacing up and down the hallway waiting for the doctors  to come out from the emergency room. All the members were comforting me who is in a crying mess. 
 
"She will be fine Baekhyun please believe in her", Kyungsoo tried comforting me further.
 
My eyes were on the emergency room red light all these while. While the light was switched off I rushed to the door awaiting for the doctor hopefully.
 
"I'm sorry but we tried our best...I am sorry for your loss, please see her for the very last time. Her belongings are the side please do claim it", the doctor patted my back and gave his condolences before walking away.
 
I rushed into the emergency room. My legs weakened at the sight of (Y/N) pale skin and lips.
 
"Tell me this isn't happening hyung please PLEASE JUST LET IT BE JUST A DREAM", I bawled my eyes out as I gripped onto xiumin's hand for support. 
 
I staggered to (Y/N)'s body and ran my fingers through her long soft hazel brown hair. 
 
"I won't ever forget you my love...", I kissed her forehead before I walked out with her belongings in my hand.
 
There was a nicely decorated book which has "To: Baekhyun, by beloved boyfriend" written on it. Curiously, I started flipping the pages. It was all our memories that we shared together for the past few years. I was in a crying mess till something dropped out from a random page.
 
It was an envelope.
 
I ripped open the envelope and opened up the letter inside. 
It was hand-written by (Y/N).
 
"To my dearest Baekhyun, probably when you read this letter it is when I leave this world for somewhere better. But there isn't anywhere better without your existence in it. I'm sorry for hiding the truth from you. I really didn't want to affect your career. I thought that I might be a burden. Although we fought, we maked up and I still remember those promises you made, it was just that I wasn't able to be here to witness it. I will miss the days we tease each other and do crazy weird stuff together unlike usual couples who go on dates at a restaurant. I am really thankful for your appearance into my life. What would I do without you. You brought hope into my life showering me with love and happiness. I am really sorry I just couldn't express myself more like you. And here I am regretting the few days I have left in this world. You may not be the best boyfriend in the world but in my heart you will always be (see how much I love you okay). There is a thumbdrive in the envelope of the videos we both film together and some videos of me so you wouldn't miss me that much! In our next life lets make a deal to be a couple and hopefully I am lucky enough to be your wife. By your one and only, (Y/N)"
 
Teardrops smudged the ink on the paper. Before it got all wet, I folded it up and slotted the letter in carefully.
 
"I love you (Y/N), and I will always do"