Seven

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Seven [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

"Are you excited for today?" Jungkook cheerfully asks you as you take your seat next to him in class a few days later.

You raise an eyebrow at his enthusiasm, "Not particularly… What's going on today?"

"On come on, noona. You can't be serious. Fridays are sparring class!"

"Oh, that's right!" your eyes widen at the memory of you and Sooyoung stalking Jimin after class—when you had first gotten caught by Yoongi for your powers.

He smiles and passes you a box, "I brought snacks! Girls like mangos, right?"

"Ooh, thanks," you say, picking a mango candy from the box, "Wait, does this mean you're not sparring yet?"

His face darkens at that, "Professor Nam won't let me. She says until I learn how to conjure, it's too dangerous for me to participate."

"Oh, well that makes sense," you say popping another candy in your mouth, "Don't worry, kid. I'm in your same boat. I can only make things cold. Not too dangerous, huh?"

"It's flu season," he grins, "I guess it could be hazardous."

You laugh and shove a candy into his mouth, "Shut up, lighter boy."

Before he can retort, Professor Nam claps her hands to signal the start of class, "Ok, guys! It's Friday, so as you all know, it's our sparring day and—oh, Jungkook, are you eating in class?"

"Yes, sorry, Professor."

She sighs and walks over to Jungkook with her hand outstretched. You wince, expecting her to confiscate the candy or at least reprimand him, but instead she holds out her hand and Jungkook pours a handful of candies into her palm.

"Ooh, yummy. Thanks, Jungkookie-ah. Anyways, like I was saying," Professor Nam continues, her words slightly muffled by her mouthful of candy, "today's our sparring class, so let's not waste anymore time, alright? Where did we leave off last week? Ah yes, let's have the BTS members go first. Jimin and Seokjin, please come up. Everyone else, put on your ponchos."

"What does that mean?" You whisper at Jungkook in confusion.

He reaches over and pulls out a kit from inside your desk that you never realized existed, "It means put on your poncho… What else could it mean? Do you really wanna get soaked during Jin-hyung's attacks?" He unfurls your poncho and you obediently raise your hands to let him slip it on your like a small child.

You frown as you lift the plastic hood over your head, "I doubt it's that bad."

Jungkook raises an eyebrow, "Just wait and see, noona…"

Confused, you watch as Jin and Jimin walk up to the front of the classroom and bow at each other. They march to opposite sides of the room, then whirl to face each other, instantly in matching fighting stances.

"Alright. Good forms, guys. Jimin, feet apart a bit more… Yes, just like that," Professor Nam says when Jimin follows her directions, "Great. Now why don't you begin first?"

Jimin nods and stands up straighter, while Jin sinks lower in his crouch, changing into a defensive stance. The Earth mage pauses for a second, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. When he opens his eyes again, you swear they flash green for a second.

A vine crawls out from the palm of hand, gently curling up his arm and around his torso. The vines lengthen and grow, leaves sprouting from thick stems. It's like watching a nature documentary in fast-forward and you're so astonished that you can't look away.

A single flower, purple and delicate, blooms along the curve of his neck, and for a second you forget that Jimin's human and not some sort of an ethereal fairy. He's so beautiful in the moment that you can't breathe. A stray thought crosses your mind that you should take a photo for Sooyoung to appreciate, but then Jimin attacks.

A single vine cracks across the room with the speed and ferocity of a cracking whip. Jin flinches, but it's impossible to dodge in time and the vine hits him straight on. The whole classroom cringes at the loud slapping sound that fills the room. But that's not it.

After smashing into the water mage's chest, the vine lengthens, curling its way around Jin's waist and pinning his arms to his side like a snake. The vines continue to curl their way up to his neck and thickens, so it looks more like green tree trunks surround the older boy. Jin wiggles in his binds, but any movement is impossible. He is held entirely immobile by the impenetrable vines.

"I did it!" Jimin suddenly exclaims, breaking the moment. He jumps up and down in excitement, "Professor Nam, did you see me? I finally did it!"

She is even more excited than him, "Oh my god! That's amazing!"

Jin coughs on the other side of the room, "Um, Professor, am I allowed to attack back now?"

"Oh! I almost forgot! Yes, go ahead, Seokjin."

"Ok. Everyone please take cover," the eldest BTS member solemnly warns.

You raise an eyebrow at his confidence, unimpressed. You can see how tightly wound the vines are around his waist and a bit of water won't be enough to get him out of that situation. Next to you, Jungkook cringes away and ducks his head into his arms. You spin around in your chair in confusion, and find the rest of the class acting similarly, pulling down their hoods to cover their faces entirely. You frown and open your mouth to question Jungkook when your world suddenly explodes.

Water as hard as concrete shatters across the whole room, flooding the area and blasting against you so hard that your desk slides back a few inches. The force of the explosion of water almost makes you fall over in your seat and you grip Jungkook's arm for dear life. Multiple screams sound through the room, but you can't tell if your voice joins in the cacophony of noise.

Unlike the other students, you hadn't been expecting this, and as a result, your entire head is drenched and you panic for a moment, your eyes and mouth flooded and you can't breathe. You sputter, coughing up water and wring the soaking hair out of your eyes.

When you can finally see again, you're not shocked to see Jimin flat on his back on the other side of the room, looking like he's just drowned. His clothes are so drenched that it looks like he's still underwater. Pieces and chunks of foliage lie scattered in wet heaps across the room, blasted to piece. You notice a purple splotch near your foot, the petals squished to a pulp.

In the very center of the room, Jin is the only person still standing upright. He is completely dry, without a hair out of place, "Oh no!" He exclaims, clapping a hand over his mouth, as though surprised by the force of his own powers, "Jiminnie! Are you okay?" He rushes over to the younger boy, and you can see the blue glow of his hands from your distance across the room as he massages life back into the earth mage.

"I forfeit, hyung," Jimin chokes out before slumping over in Jin's embrace.

Jin laughs and claps his hands in delight, "Yay! I won again!"

At that, Professor Nam seems to come back to life,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter