One.

Save Me.

You had always been friends.

Very few memories of childhood madness and endless summers did not remind you of being side-by-side with Jimin.

-

The hundreds of times you made your mom take you two to the zoo just to see and try to pet the giraffes.

Or when you lost your first baby tooth, and Jimin pulled out his second so you wouldn’t have to endure it alone.

Your first dance in high school was next to him because you were too scared to go up to the guy you liked.

His first time asking a girl out had the two of you up all night scheming and giggling, ending in no progress and two hours of sleep.

The time Yoongi made fun of you on the playground in fourth grade for being scared of the swings, and Jimin pushed him into a sharp pile of gravel.

Or your favorite; when Jimin helped you get up the courage to ask out Seokjin junior year, but in the most adorable way. He had friends help you set up a scavenger hunt that took almost an hour, but only because you got lost in the woods behind the school. (Though it turned out Jimin planned this to give you and Jin time to be together and problem solve)

-

Several years later, the three of you were in college, you and Jimin in the same school while Jin attended one right next door. You had been dating Jin since that day, coming up on your fourth year together. After freshman year, you and Jin decided to rent a place together, settling on a place in the same building as Jimin. Upon moving day, you realize the apartment is across the hall from his, making you feel safer, but something seemed off about your boyfriend.

Jin changed after high school. But you had thought you’d prepared for this, since it was unfair to say you had not changed. However, he became angrier toward you, more nervous and unforgiving. You thought it might have been because he didn’t get into the college he wanted when you were accepted right away into yours.

But after a while it became clear that he was jealous. Jealous of your relationship with Jimin.

-

It was after a night that he went out drinking with friends that you realized what was going on, admittedly a little too late.

He pounded the door to the apartment, keys falling from his hand over and over again, calling your name rather loud. Luckily, you had waited up for him, prepared for his drunken shenanigans (they happened often). Opening the door, however, you found the beast your Jin had become. Alcohol peeled away the layers of passive-aggressive and quiet Jin to reveal a fussy, violent one.

Upon letting him in the door, a thick fog of irritation rolled in to the small space. Unaware at first glance, you smiled and welcomed him warmly. “Is Jimin here?” He spat out the name. Your smile faded, hearing his tone.

“No, Jin, it’s just me, I waited up for you. I’m watching a movie if you want to join before bed.”

He grabbed your shoulders, way too tight, making you wince in pain. “Jin, you’re hurting me. Let go.” You calmly say, trying to pry his ever-increasing grip on you. He was definitely going to leave bruises at this point. Tears began to form as panic started to set in. Seeing the look in your boyfriend’s eyes scared you.

Eventually you manage to get away from him and run to the other side of the room, Jin, in a fit of rage, began to raise his voice, yelling at you in drunk gibberish. When he calms down enough to speak, you hear him yell, “I know you’re going behind my back with him, I know you’re not only mine.”

Your protests and calming words bounced off him as he came closer, anger building with every step. His usually soft hands were now rolled tightly into fists and his teeth clenched, making his jaw throb.

You hold out your hand to stop him, backing slowly into a corner, afraid to do anything. Jin had never been violent or this angry toward you before and you weren’t prepared for what came next.

A loud smack rings in your ears and your face begins to heat with immense pain.

Jin had hit you.

Too shocked to cry, you reach a hand to your now numb and red face. It felt a tiny bit swollen already and looking into Jin’s face made you realize he would do it again if you didn’t do something.

Since pleading with him didn’t work, you ran toward the door, ducking under his second attack, making a break for it while he yelled again, too drunk to fully register your quick movement.

Tears were blinding your vision as you run to Jimin’s apartment and start knocking on the door over and over, scared that he might not answer or not be home. Quick glances back at your apartment made the stress levels rise, hoping Jimin answered before-

 

-------------------

 

Author's Note:

Sorry to end on a hanger, but this is all I'm uploading for the moment, see how you guys like it. Comment if you are interested!

~Nuna