Little Muse

Art of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
        “Great job, guys.” Youngji bowed to every passing person. She was flown over by her company to Jeju Island to film another music video.   “Youngji-yah, you get better by the day.” Seungjin shook his head in disbelief. “You’re a little scary.”   Youngji lightly hit him with her small fist, “Shut up.”   Beep. Beep.   She reached in her pocket for her phone and looked at the screen with a smile.   Song Minho   “So, I’m guessing that underground dude and you are doing well?” Seungjin gave her a teasing grin.   Youngji ignored her colleague. They were doing better than well. Relationships were awkward to her and none of her relationships lasted very long. But, she knew it was different this time.    what’s it like in Jeju right now?   She bit down on her bottom lip to prevent the large smile that crosses her face when she gets texts from him. Sometimes, he would send text like this. They were small things like asking if she was in a good mood that day or how they were selling in her mom’s shop. At first she thought he was making small talk, but she noticed he asked everyone small questions like this to literally everyone. When she asked him about his habit, he simply answered, ‘Inspiration comes from small questions like that.’ and ‘But, I am more detailed on my question about you.’ The last part, well, that was plainly smooth of him.   hmmm, its pretty windy outside. but, im about to go back to the hotel.   are you tired from filming?   just a little how r u doing   hey.   whats up?   should i go to u? should i go to jeju island right now?   why would u come here?   because   because?   Song Minho is calling...   Youngji’s eyes grew bigger in surprise and slowly answered the call, “Hello?”   “You know, I’ve been sitting here in my room, trying to think of lyrics, but I couldn’t.”   “Then maybe you should go out there and look for some of that inspiration.” Youngji slightly teased.   An airy laugh came from the other line, “That’s why I plan on going to Jeju, dummy.”   Youngji pondered. “Sure, why not? The scenery here is beautiful.”   Another short laugh came from him, “For you, Youngji, I’m going to Jeju because I want to see you. You’re the inspiration.”   “Y-yah.” Youngji quickly reacted. It was a good thing they were talking over the phone because  ears, cheeks and anything from the neck up turned a deep shade of red.  

 

  “Yang Hyunsuk wants you to repackage your album.”    Minho deeply sighed, rubbing his temples to calm himself, “Hyung, it’s not easy to produce-“   “I know. I know. I told him that. But, he said it’ll bury your plagiarism issue-“   “I didn’t plagiarize.”   “President Hyunsuk knows that. I know that. People around you know that. But you know the public. Also, if we do a repackage we’ll only need three or four new songs. Nothing like a full album.”    Mino rubbed his temples. “When do you need it by?”    “Like in a week..” he said quietly.   “A week?!”    His manager took a few steps back. When it came to work, Minho was very serious. When he was dating Youngji, music was never so kind to him. He had to work as a part timer to help his mom with expenses. He and his underground rapper friends were having trouble breaking into the scene because hip hop was overshadowed by the ever so popular slow ballads, catchy pop songs, and idol music. His mix tapes were almost always ignored by recording labels. But, despite all his hardships, he kept moving forward. Before Youngji left, he was given a third audition for a small company, something that had never happened. Most of his music content for his third audition was about Youngji and their time together. Now that he thinks about it, after she left, his career finally took off. Maybe, he couldn’t have both his music and Youngji.   “I know it sounds impossible, but don’t you have those tracks that you keep-“   “Those aren’t for release.” The stressed producer cut his manager off, not willing to compromise.    After working out the details with his manager, Mino was left alone in his recording studio. He got up from his lone chair, exhausted from all his schedules, and laid down on the couch. “I even bought him his damn figurine."   Suddenly Mino remembered something..someone.   Robocar Poli!   Minguk’s face had appeared in his mind. “That little guy.” he said to himself with a smile.     

 

  “Welcome to-“ Youngji was mid-greeting when she saw who came in.   “Anneong?”    “Mijoo?!” Youngji gasped.   “Thanks for telling me you were back!” Mijoo crossed her arms, but had a smile on her face.   “Umma, it’s fire!” Minguk ran to her and hid under her apron.   Youngji laughed at his antics, “Minguk!” She took him in her arms and gave him a big kiss on the cheeks.   “Umma?”   Youngji wearily smiled at Mijoo and nodded. Mijoo was also another person she had to leave when she went to New Zealand.   Mijoo and Youngji sat down in a table for two as Youngji explained what had happened. Of course, Mijoo already figured out the big questions before Youngji could answer them. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.   “Wow, Heo Youngji. I knew you weren’t a normal girl, but how could this happen?” Mijoo slowly shook her head, still shocked by what she he
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter