Training?

Reality vs. Fantasy

Morgan's POV

 

“Ashley, wake up” I said poking her side. “Ash...Wake...Up” I tried once more, this time shaking her more violently than before.

 

    She finally groaned after 5 minutes of constant disturbance “What?”

 

    “We got to get ready for class. The tutors are going to come in an hour” I explained.

 

    “Fine” she mumbled facing back down into her pillow. I rolled my eyes at her and went to the bathroom to do my daily makeup.

 

    I was eating breakfast downstairs in the kitchen while getting to know the cook. There was dinner table, but I didn’t feel like eating there since it seated at least 20 people, it made me feel alone. Ashley soon found me and joined for breakfast.

    

    “Do you know how hard it is to find you? This place is too massive. By the way, thanks for letting me sleep over. I know I’m suppose to be at my place” she said hopping on the counter, biting down on an apple.

 

    “You should be thanking your the Light King and Queen. They’re the ones that let you stay here since you were still adjusting” I laughed.

 

    One of the head mistresses walk by and commented “That’s not how a princess sits”

 

    At that moment Ashley slid off of the counter and mumbled “Sorry”. She plopped down in the chair next to me and whispered “So, what did you think of the ball yesterday?”

 

    I sighed and thought for a while, “Well, it was fun, but something weird happened. You know how my powers usually show some sort of ice form?” She nodded and I went on, “Well, when I saw the guy that we saw at the park earlier that day and I thought of the fight between us. Then all of the sudden fire formed at my fingertips and I ran into a room and I saw this really good looking guy and then I disappeared and reappeared at the door of the palace.”

 

    “Huh, that’s weird. Maybe you should ask the tutors about it” Ashley shrugged.

 

    At that moment, the doorbell rang. Since the maids were out shopping for groceries, me and Ashley went to answer the door. And there stood the two boys from yesterday.

 

    “YOU?!?!” we all yelled at each other.

 

    Then the boy with the grey hair cleared his throat and said “We’re here for the Light and Ice Princesses, now if you would direct us to them that would be very helpful” his tone was still annoyed but it was nicer than the other day.

 

    “You’re looking at them” I said coldly.

 

    The tall boy scoffed “Great another problem to deal with”

 

    I was about to say something rude but then Ashley held my shoulder reminding me that this is not worth fighting for. Just then one of my butlers came and welcomed them in.

 

    He told me “The tall one is Mingyu and the grey hair one is Minghao. They are the most powerful princes that we’ve had so far, but they say that you and your friend are to be more powerful. We usually don’t let the opposite signs interact with each much, but they would be the most suited to teach you.”

 

    I nodded and followed him into the training room. After that, he left us to the training.

 

    “Okay well first, we’re going to start off with seeing what you guys have developed so far” Mingyu said.

 

    “Wait shouldn’t we introduce each other first” Ashley piped up.

 

    “I’m Minghao and this is Mingyu, you’re Ashley and your friend is Morgan now will you shut it until we finish?” he rudely said. Ashley didn’t fight back like normal, instead she just pouted and looked away.

 

    “Well what are you waiting for? I know you can control fire” Mingyu directed the question towards me.

 

    “I don’t know how to control anything. What you saw the other day was unintentional. I even randomly showed up at the door of the palace without moving a foot!” I said annoyed by their rudeness.

 

    They two gave each other a look and then nodded. Minghao went to the bookshelf while Mingyu turned back around and said “Okay, we’ll train your powers later but let’s learn social ranking in Omedor first.”

 

    “There are 16 kingdoms, of elements obviously, but the major ones are fire, wind/air, water, metal, earth, ice, shadow, light, and flora. The others are minor that rely or under bigger kingdoms such as electricity, fear, spirit, time, convexity, poison and plasma. In these kingdoms the top of the social ladder is the King and Queen, then the Prince and Princess, then the dukes and mistresses, then citizens, then troopers/fighters, then humans.”

 

    “Wait why are the troopers/fighters below citizens? They’re the ones who protect the kinngdom” I commented.

 

    Mingyu hardened his look “Because they just are. The Kings, Queens, Prince, and Princesses all have two powers. One for controlling their element, and one for themselves. The dukes and mistresses can only control their element. I think that’s enough for today. You'll learn more the longer you stay. And when you learn how to control yourself, you will be able to leave and come into Omedor whenever you want, but as of right now, you can only enter when you are sleeping in the real world. We need to get onto training”

 

Ashley POV

 

    I heard Morgan’s voice in my head Why are they so freaking rude? I still have a bunch of questions. My eyes widened when I heard that. Did I just read her mind? I thought.

 

    “What are your elements?” Mingyu asked.

 

    “Ice” Morgan said coldly.

 

    “Light” I muttered.

 

    “Besides controlling light and ice is there anything else you can control?” Minghao asked not looking up from the book he was reading.

 

    “I heard Morgan’s voice in my head” I blurted and slapped my hand over my mouth.

 

    Minghao looked up and a hint of curiosity showing on his face, then I heard his voice You’re weird and ugly. Shut up.

 

    “Hey! I’m not weird and I think I look pretty average! And I will say whatever I want to say” I defended. Of course I thought I matched all those things but I will not let my sense of pride down.

 

    Morgan widen her eyes at me, “You have telepathy??”

 

    “What am I thinking?” Mingyu asked.

 

    I tried my hardest to read his mind but I just couldn’t, “I don’t know. I can’t read minds on purpose.”

 

    “K, well you need to work on power control” he said, then he turned to Morgan “As for you, I have no idea what your deal is”

 

    “I couldn’t find the exact name of that power, but it says that only one of the most powerful prince or princess can possess it. It’s power mimicking. But that’s what I think it is. It’s the only way she can have fire on her fingertips and show up unexpectedly at the door without moving. We’ll have to look into that more before we can train on your powers, for your safety and for ours” Minghao read from the book. He closed it suddenly then looked to me. “Try moving the book off my hands”

 

    “What? I thought I had telepathy, not telekinesis” I said.

 

    “I know but what comes with telepathy is moving object since telepathy really won’t do you any good in battles. I have it too. I have mind control which also controls objects. You just have to look and concentrate” he said annoyed.

 

    “Battles?!? I thought we had people for that” I yelped.

 

    Minghao rolled his eyes and replied “It’s just for self defense just in case, now try moving the stupid book”

 

    I looked at him for a while before turning my attention to the book. I looked at it and tried to lift it, but it wouldn’t budge. I felt Morgan watching me and I heard, You can do this so that helped me a little. I tried for a straight 10 minutes, but all that happened was me getting a migraine. I tried once more before a voice interrupted my thoughts.

 

    “Wrong.” I turn around to see another boy leaning on the door frame “What?”

 

    “You’re doing it wrong. When you try moving the book, I can sense it and it’s very strong. You need to work on silencing it first.” he coolly said.

 

    “She’ll work on that later, but she needs to learn how to control it first. So what’s up Vernon?” Minghao smiled fist bumping his friend.

 

    “We’re suppose to hang out today remember?” Vernon reminded.

 

    “Yeah go hang out with your friends. I’m tired of training anyway” Morgan said sarcastically.

 

    With that the boys rushed out of the room and headed out of the palace.

 

    Morgan rolled her eyes, “I can’t believe I couldn’t train my powers today”

 

    “Maybe tomorrow. They said it might be dangerous without proper preparation” I comforted.

 

    “They never said that” Morgan made a confused face at me.

 

    “Then how did...I used it without knowing again…” I sighed.

 

 

Mingyu’s POV


    After hanging out with my friends I headed straight home and hit the books. I want to get as much information about Morgan’s power. Let’s just see how powerful you are Morgan...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello subbies!! Sorry for the crappy chapter (and the late update XD), but both of us has been really busy lately with school and family problems. I promise you that it will get more interesting later in the story if we get that far but it's important to know the importance of the kingdoms beforehand. I got some ideas from the Trylle Trilogy so I credit them for the ideas I wrote even though I didn't use exact words, but the storyline is complete ours (just in case of copyright issues)

Please comment, subscribe, and upvote :)