Annoyance

Reality vs. Fantasy

Mingyu’s POV

 

    I’ve been looking through many books in the library trying to figure out what Morgan’s power was. It was almost impossible that she could have power mimicking. There was only one prince that had it before it almost caused Omedor to fall. One book said that it was only seen in male royalty, but I highly doubt that. There was a science book that states that these were the rarest of all powers and the most powerful. If a person has that power, they can think of any power they want and they would have it. Pfft, I have that too. Better ask Minghao’s dad for help.

 

    “It seems to me that you and Morgan have very similar powers, but hers is that of more power than you. For her, she can just think of a power but for you...you have to be in contact with someone who has a power that you want for at least 1 minute.” Minghao’s dad said.

 

    “Wait, so does that mean I can take her power if I touch her for a minute?” I asked hoping the answer is yes.

 

    “Not necessarily. If you can get a hold of Morgan’s power, you also have a chance of losing both your own and hers.” Minghao’s dad replied.

 

    “God damn” I muttered.

 

    “Well since we have a little more knowledge of her power we can try to train her now” Minghao suggested.

 

    “Fine” I agree.

 

    I don’t get why I can have her powers. We basically have the same thing right? I shook away the thought. I don’t need thoughts about her in my head. We made our way over to the Light Kingdom for training since they had more material and it was warmer there. On the way, we heard Morgan and Ashley talking so we decided to hide behind a pile of box crates and listen to them. No it is not stalking. It is simply getting to know your enemy so who know what you’re up against...yeah.

 

Morgan’s POV

 

    I was feeling super sad so I went to dip my feet in The River of Light near the Light Kingdom. A couple minutes after another pair of feet were next to me. I look up to see Ashley.

 

    “Hey, you okay?” she asked with concern.

 

    “Yeah it’s just...I want to go home” Morgan replied looking back down to the river. It was just light particles but it was very warm and it calmed me down.

 

    “I know. I want to forget everything and go back but it seems like we won’t ever wake up. Something’s wrong.” Ashley added.

 

    “I thought that being a princess would be a dream come true but I hate it. I just want to wake up from this dream.” Morgan sighed.

 

    We just sat there in silence. A comfortable silence though. Then we heard footsteps coming our way and we both turned to look. It was Vernon and Wonwoo. They’ve been secretly helping us train our powers because that idiot Mingyu and his friend Minghao are too afraid to do anything that involves powers. Vernon and Wonwoo were much more fun. We became great friends, but that’s really it. We also don’t hang out as much either. They’re both too busy with their own training.

 

    “Yo” Vernon smiled.

    

    Both of us didn’t reply and looked down to the river. The smile on Vernon’s face disappeared and Wonwoo added “What’s wrong?”

 

    Still no answer.

 

    “If it’s about Mingyu and Minghao...they’re just not open to girls. Especially since you guys are opposite elements and all.” Vernon stated.

 

    “I know, but they don’t have to be such jerk faces” Ashley pouted, causing Vernon and Wonwoo to chuckle.

 

    “If you need anything, you know we’ll be here for you” Wonwoo said ruffling our hair.

 

    I smiled and said “Let’s go. It’s time for training. We’ll see you guys later”

 

    After bidding goodbye, we walked to the empty room in the Light Kingdom to wait for Mingyu and Minghao to come. They finally showed up...10 minutes late.

 

    “You’re late” I said coldly.

 

    “Yeah yeah whatever, we’re the teachers, stop complaining” Mingyu looked away.

 

    “Ok, well let’s get started. We’re working on powers today” Minghao said.

 

    “About time” I muttered, earning a glare from Mingyu.

 

    We practice with power control first. All I had to do was think of a power that I want and then find out a way to control it. Sounds easy enough. I thought about water so I can squirt it into Mingyu’s face. The next thing I know, water was at my fingertips. I tried squirting water at his face, but all that happened was the water blasted to the corner of the room and hit the bookshelf. My face turned really red from embarrassment. Mingyu got really frustrated after I tried to control water after a long hour and he had enough. He grabbed my wrist and yelled at me.

 

    “You little motherer. Why can’t you just control the god damn water! It’s not that hard!” he screamed.

 

    “You know what? I tried working with you but that’s clearly not going to work. You just can’t control your anger can’t you?! Maybe it’s because of your element. You hot-tempered son of a !” I shot back.

 

    “Look who’s talking! Says the person tha-” Mingyu got cut off.

 

    “Enough! Stop with all this bull...shiz. Why can’t we just all get along? I that we’re opposite elements and stuff, but if we can’t get along then maybe Vernon and Wonoo should train us instead.” Ashley suggested.

 

    Minghao stepped in and said “We are the only ones capable of training you. We understand your power more than they do.”

 

    “Can you shut up for a second and let me finish?” Ashley glared at him, “As I was saying, they’ve been helping us with our powers for a last couple of days while you guys were too wimpy to do anything except teach us things about Omedor.” she finished.

 

    That’s when Minghao had it. “Today’s training is finished. We will continue with individual training tomorrow” and with that they both started to walk away.

 

    “Individual training? Wait! Let’s just try and switch partners” Morgan said.

 

    The turned around and looked at each other “Fine”

 

    So Minghao was now my partner.

 

    “Try and control this plant” he simply stated.

 

    “Ok…” I said, trying to concentrate on the plant. He’s so controlling, no wonder Ashley doesn’t like him.

 

    He rolled his eyes “Do you even know how to do that?”

 

    “Of course not and unless you want to teach me how then don’t question my power control” I shot back.

 

    “Does it look like I know how to control that kind of power? I have mind control” he said.

 

    “Ugh this wasn’t a good idea…” I muttered. I looked over to Ashley and saw that she was lifting Mingyu in the air and he was super freaked out. Mingyu was lifting Ashley in the air as well but only 2 feet, she was totally fine with it. I laughed and Minghao looked over too and smiled a little.

 

    “Put me down!” Mingyu growled.

 

    “Ok” Ashley said as she let go and Mingyu fell from 10 feet high onto the ground.

 

    “I meant lightly” he mumbled in pain.

 

    “Well you didn’t specify” she sassed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi~~~~ I;m so sorry for the long wait! Sorry for the crappy chapter too, but two characters will be introduced in the next chapter....Who will it be?