FINAL

Death Can't Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

word count: 900

Flashes of lightning brightens the city like the instantaneous flashing of a camera and lightning booms and reverberates through the city. The rain droplets pelt rapidly onto the glass windshield and make a continuous stream downwards. Chanyeol, protected from the weather, sits and observes the outside world as the torrential downpour continues, yet that is not what is on his train of thoughts. 

 

"It's finally our anniversary," Chanyeol thought to himself.

 

"I wonder if he'll like this bouquet. Or these chocolates. I hated how he didn't have a favorite. It's so hard to please him." Chanyeol ponders on as the bus turns into the left exit of the intersection, with the park right in view. It wasn't just an ordinary park though as a certain spot in that very park held a dear memory of the day Chanyeol's life changed forever. A smile sneaks its way into his face, but it isn't one necessarily of joy. Another powerful emotion is buried deep in the smile.

 

"That's the place where he brought me the first time we went out. It was so awkward that time. We just sat on the bench and watched the sun set," Chanyeol recalls. 

 

"Although I don't remember now, I couldn't tell if you made the sunset more beautiful or the sunset made you." Chanyeol then remembers how his lover inched closer towards him as their shadows grew longer to the setting sun and how their lips met for the very first time, even before the shadows could.

 

Chanyeol started to blush red as he recalled the passion and the strength and the scent of his. The moment was so strong if they weren't on the bench, Chanyeol might have fallen from how weak his knees became. He didn't have to pull his hoodie over his head because the gloominess of the weather concealed his flushed cheeks anyway. 

 

The bus pulls to a stop outside a large shopping mall and passengers simultaneously alighted and boarded. Chanyeol remembers this spot also. It was his boyfriend's favorite spot to hang out in whether he was feeling down or out with Chanyeol.

 

"I remember we watched some horror movie here. It wasn't scary but you were stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter