two

Lonely Catboy

Did Jinyoung believe in faith? Actually not, but todays events changed his mind. After constantly hearing Jaebum he now found an alleycat. That was something he could call close to faith.
He did not knew anything about the cat, who left it there and why, and whether it was a cathuman or just a simple cat, but he knew one thing; Leaving him in the cold box would have been its sure death.

When they arrived at Jinyoungs home Mark was put down not on the floor but on his bed. That was unusual to Mark. He learned that the owners bed was a forbidden place, because he was a dirty, filthy cat and only the master and his lovers were allowed to sleep there. Did the human not mind spreading his germs everywhere? He was found outside in a box next to a trash can and who knows who touched him before. This friendliness was unexpected.
Mark started grooming himself. If the human let him on his bed he could at least be clean.
“You must be tired. Seems like an eventful day for you, little one.” Being literally thrown out the window was not one of Marks daily activities. Yes, he was indeed tired and exhausted. He slowly curled himself up to a fluffy white ball, now trying to sleep. But he could not find rest in the new environment and with a certain human undressing right in front of him.

Jinyoung was done with getting ready for bed, when he noticed that his new friend was still not asleep. Getting used to a new place took its time after all. “It’s scary. Sleeping at an unknown home.. But I promise you, I’m harmless.” He started petting the cat, hoping that this will help it fall asleep. But that was not working, the cat still had its eyes fixed on Jinyoung. “What is it that’s bothering you, little one?” He now noticed the collar around its neck. “Is that the reason?”
Either way Jinyoung decided to take it off. It was useless, now that it was his cat. He read the name engraved on a tag. Mark
“So your name is Mark? I’m gonna call you that, okay? It would be too bothersome for you to get used to a new name and you have a pretty name already. I’m Park Jinyoung. Not that it matters, you cant call me anyway, but maybe it interested you.” Jinyoung chuckled after he realized he introduced himself to a cat. He decided to throw the old collar away. It was not needed anymore and it could remind Mark of his previous owner. He did not want that.

Now both of them were lying in bed trying to sleep. But Mark was still awake and watching Jinyoung. It was getting frustrating for him. What was it that keeps the cat awake? Maybe it wanted some more affection..
Jinyoung picked Mark up and placed him onto his chest and started petting him. “Don’t worry, please. This place is really nice. If you think about monsters that could attack you during your sleep, you’re wrong. It’s safe inside and I’m here and I’m able to protect you. Or is it too small and you feel claustrophobic? What am I saying… Can cats even feel that way? I must look stupid, huh? Trust me, I’m smart, but it’s getting late and I’m just trying to comfort you. By the way, I’m homeworking so if you worry about being alone here, you now know I’m always home.”

Mark thanked Jinyoung for saying these ridiculous words. As dumb as they sounded, they kinda helped. Humans barley talked to him, because he is a cat, but this human tried its best to make him feel better and it worked; he laughed. (as good as a cat can)
Jinyoung was right; this place is small. Mark did not mind that though. It was a good change.
His old owner lived in a big house, so big that Mark tend to get lost when he was alone and it may have had happened that he locked himself inside wardrobes and had to wait half a day until being found. And even when his owner was home he felt lonely. Living in a small apartment was a welcomed change.
The reason why he could not sleep was the fact that he still was scared of Jinyoung. He seemed really nice and he started liking him a lot, but he was not able to trust him.

Mark always slept alone. Back when his family was still living with him he slept with them, but after losing them and living with humans he got used to sleeping on the couch or even the floor. Now laying on Jinyoungs chest and being petted all over his body, he felt good. It has been a long time and he forgot how good someone's warmth felt and it helped him fall asleep.