three

Lonely Catboy

Jinyoung woke up with a white fluffball on his chest. It took him a few moments to recall what happened the day before. Right, he found Mark and decided to take him home.
He had been thinking about getting a cat before. Friends gave him the nickname eomma for a reason; he was a caring person and treated most of his friends like his children, especially the younger ones. And since he’s homeworking, he had spend most of his time home and happened to feel lonely, so a cat accompanying him was a good idea, but Jinyoung always found excuses to not get one.

Now that it was morning Jinyoung could take a better look at the still sleeping cat on him. Mark was a long, slender cat with white fur, even though his eyes were brown. His eyes attracted Jinyoungs attention before. The fact that they were brown surprised him. Most of the cats he knew had either green or blue eyes, with an exception of Youngjae who had brown eyes, but his fur was also dark not like Marks white one.
Jinyoung moved Marks paws that were covering his face and accidentally woke him up.
“Sorry, little one.” He greeted Mark with a soft kiss on his forehead. Jinyoung chuckled when Marks sleepy expression changed into a rather surprised one. His eyes doubled the size and Jinyoung could take a closer look at them. “I really like your eyes.” With these words the cat seemed to calm down and shlyy looked away. Yes, his eyes were definitely Jinyoungs favorite part of Marks rather long face. He could not image why someone wanted to get rid off a pretty cat like Mark.
“Come on, sleepy head. You must be hungry. I’m gonna make us some something nice.”

What could I make him though? I don’t have catfood and actually I don’t like the thought of giving him that.. Fish would work, right? Jaebum treated Youngjae with that before, so why not.

Jinyoung made his way into to kitchen with Mark by his side who did not wanted to be alone as it seems because he followed Jinyoung everywhere he went. He did not know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. How should he know; he never had a pet before, but he decided it was a good thing and so he enjoyed it.

Mark was placed onto an unused counter what confused him even more. He was allowed to sit where he usually got shooed off. But he liked it up there where he could watch and hear Jinyoung, who seemed to be one of those human that liked to talk to their pets.
“I hope you like this. I’m thinking of going shopping for you and if you like it I’m gonna buy more fish.” A plate was placed in front of Mark. As it seems he did not get that disgusting catfood that he used to eat at his old owners home. Why a human was being so nice to him seemed unclear, but he was grateful and all of Jinyoungs nice acts made Mark like him even more.

He ate it all and that gave Jinyoung the impression that his cooking tasted good. He felt relieved and after eating himself he decided to start working.

 

Mark of course followed Jinyoung to the couch where he got ready to work. Jinyoung always worked while sitting on the couch. His creativity worked better when he relaxed, at least in his opinion.

Mark just sat there and watched him while he typed something on his macbook. Being a cat; he did not understand anything of this and just cocked his head to the site, trying to figure out what this could be.
“You don’t understand this, huh? I’m writing songs for some kinda boygroup. I mean its fun and that’s what I wanna do, but I would love to sing these songs myself. I tried being a trainee, but it did not work out as planned and now I’m writing songs.” Jinyoung started pouting. “It’s so stressful.. You should be happy as a cat. You don’t have to worry about work. Ugh, but it’s my own fault. I am way to nice and do extra work for my boss..”
Mark felt bad for Jinyoung and not being able to hug him or say nice words to him, he did the only thing possible as a cat: he pressed his nose against Jinyoungs cheek, hoping this would comfort him in some way.
“Oh, little one. Don’t worry.. I’m not sad.” Jinyoung chuckled.

“Come on, lay down. Join me on song writing, okay?”
  

                                                       xxx

 

After a couple hours of work Jinyoung needed a break and he still needed to call Jaebum.
Jinyoung did not excatly know how he should explain Mark, so they decided to meet up after he told Jaebum he had news.
“Little one, you will be alone for some hours. I trust you, so please don’t destroy anything or get hurt.”

After a quick kiss on Marks head Jinyoung left. Now Mark was all alone and the empty apartment terriefied him. A good minutes of staring at the closed door passed until Mark unfreezed and started function properly again. He shook his body and told him that theres nothing to be scared of. It irritated him why he was acting up like that. Not even in his previous owners house he felt that scared and that house was huge compared to this.

He may stay here for a while, so he decided to look around and explore his new home.

 

 

“You got yourself a cat? That’s the news? Don’t scare me like that! I thought something terribly happened..”
Jinyoung found it quite amusing that Jaebum always exaggerated with everything. “Calm down and don’t act like it’s nothing.”
“But it’s a good thing that you have a cat now. Why do you seem so worried?”

“I need your help, duh? I’ve never had a cat. I don’t own anything for him and we need to do some shopping.”

Jaebum always needed extra help to realize stuff and Jinyoung could never decide if he wanted to punch him or himself for that.

“Oh, that makes sense.. Of course I’ll help you. Wait, I’ll grab my jacket and then we’re ready to go.”

“What about Youngjae though?”

Youngjae was attached to Jaebum and never let him go anywhere without him. Jinyoung did not know where he was at the moment, but it seemed like he disappeared.
“Oh.. he is taking a nap. I’m gonna let him sleep. Let’s go~“

 

Mark liked to explore the new area. He climbed on the table and on the shelves, made sure not to break anything.

He decided to look around in Jinyoungs bedroom; the only room he did not fully look around yet.

His cat instincts told him to crawl under the bed and search for something. But there was nothing under there expect dust, so he searched for something more interesting in the room. And he found something. The door of the wardrobe was slightly open. The bad experiences were not enough to keep him from going inside.

He went with his head first and pushed it open a little more and went inside. Click
It happened again. Mark looked himself inside the wardrobe.

 

Jaebum did not understand why his friend was acting so weird. He refused to buy catfood and instead went for expensive fish and meat.

“So what exactly is the reason you don’t want to give Mark catfood?”

To be honest Jinyoung did not know himself why he was against it.
“I want to treat him something nice after his bad experiences, you know..?”

“No, no, no! I know why, stop lying. You thing he’s a catboy.”

“Psh, don’t be so loud, we’re still in public. And no I don’t think that! I’m not that eager about having one like you want me have.”

Both of them started laughing. Jaebum was a little obsessed with the catboy idea and he annoyed Jinyoung with it a lot.
“Sorry, man. But seriously, Mark could be a catboy.”
“How should I know? I just don’t go up to him and ask him to show himself. I’m not that stupid and you aren’t too.”

“You know what. Youngjae and I are gonna visit you and Youngjae could do some cattalk.”

That was not a good idea too. Someone going up to Mark and asking a private question like that would only scare him. Jinyoung shook his head and Jaebum understood.

“Ok, not good. But I want to see your little kittenboy. It’s been a while since we visited you.”

                                                       xxx

 

“Mark? Where are you?” Finally Jinyoung arrived home and even looked for him. Mark decided to meow and gently scratch the door to gather his attention. Jinyoung heard the sound and opened his wardrobe to see if Mark was hiding in there.

“Oh, there you are! How did you end up here?”
Mark was happy to see light, breathe fresh air and see Jinyoung. Even though it has been only a few hours, he started to miss the human.

And he was greeted with a kiss again. If Mark would have been a human in that moment he sure knew that he would blush like a tomato. It was uncomfortable as a cat already, feeling his whole body heat up, but it was not noticeable and Mark was grateful for his catbody.

“I have exciting news, little one. My friend Jaebum and his boyfriend want to see you and they will visit us tomorrow. I hope you will get along with Youngjae and maybe talk with him.” Jinyoung laughed with the thought of the catboy talking with Mark. The cat was confused though. How is someone supposed to talk with him? Talk to him like Jinyoung talks to him or like meowing?
“Stop thinking so much. Come on, I’ll prepare us something good to eat~“