one

Lonely Catboy

Jinyoung was spending his evening at his best friend Jaebums, even though he was slightly annoyed by the older one constantly talking about the same thing.
“You have to find a cathuman! You just have to, man. You need one in your lonely life.“ Lonely life, huh? But it was true, Jinyoung felt lonely. But about the cathuman idea, he wasn’t sure. Cathumans got more common around the world, but you can’t just buy one. Mostly they lived hidden in their catform and out of all people Jinyoung adopting a cat that was actually a human seems unlikely. But Jaebum kept repeating these words over and over, like it was the easiest thing in life.
Jinyoung let out a reliefed sigh when he finally shut up, busy taking care of his own cathuman boyfriend Youngjae. How his best friend had so much luck finding one was still shocking Jinyoung. He first thought his best friend went crazy after a breakup, but Youngjae was indeed a human with some catfeatures.
It’s not like he hates the idea. He is rather anxious. Anxious about taking care of a human is something different than just a basic cat. (He ignored the fact that finding one was even harder.)

When Jinyoung looked at the clock it was already past midnight, so he decided to leave.
He walked home hoping he may be able to clear his mind. It was a quiet night, only leafs being moved by the wind made calming noises. But there was another unfamiliar sound that broke the silence. It sounded like crying, but no, that was not a human whining.
Jinyoung looked around. It was completely dark, how is someone supposed to see anything? He stopped looking around when he found a box left alone in an alley.
Now being interested he walked close, slowly kneed down and opened the box.
“Oh~hello little one.“
                                                          xxx

Mark was all left alone inside a stupid box. He would die in there if no one would find him. But that was not his wish either. He would rather die than be taken by another human. Humans left him there all on his own. The only thing they left for him was an annoying collar. Thanks. Something that would bother him even more was what he needed. NOT. Feeling sorry for himself he started whining. Suddenly- rather- someone opened his cardboard prison. Whining was a stupid idea. Now he triggered something that he did not want: Being found by a human.
Mark looked up to see who found him and to his surprise it was the friendliest face he has ever seen. He was staring at the human with his big brown eyes. The young man had incredibly good looks but that was not the only thing fascinating about him.
“Oh~ hello little one.“ His voice sounded full of love and warmth. But Mark backed off when the young man tried making contact with slowly reaching out his hand for Mark. He was scared. He did not know him, but oddly enough he felt attracted to him.
“Please, don’t be scared.” Disappointment was heard, but the warm tone in his voice was still there and it had a magic effect on the cat. Being secuded, his paws moved on their own, closer to the human. Mark hated his own body sometimes for doing whatever it wants. He sniffed at his hand to check if he was dangerous and good for him he was not. The only thing that attracted the cats interest was the fact that the man smelled really good.
Marks heart started beating faster. Never in his whole life a human gave him butterflies in his tummy. Not that he knew a lot of human, but still that was unusual.
“Oh, you do like me. You were just shy, I guess. You are all alone, huh? If you don’t mind I will take you with me.” Does Mark mind? No, he would love to spend his life with this human, but there was still that big fear inside of him.
But it was too late. He got picked up. Mark started panicking. He did not agree yet. “Wait, what?! Put me down!” ‘The human was not annoyed by his uncontrolled moewing and even tried calming him down. He started petting the cat and his warm hands were touching the cats head down its spine. Again the human was using magic, at least in Marks opinion, and calmed him down. Mark stopped meowing, listening now to the voice right by him and feeling his whole body warm up with warm hands tracing his body. This warmth was what he wanted the most, Not just the last hours in the dark, more likely his whole life.