Ties

Ties

 

 

Please read foreword and notes below, thanks


 

Kris slouching down at the couch in his dimly lit lavish living room, enjoyed the peace and quite. His body was screaming with tiredness and all he wanted just to sleep his fatigue away, but he was too lazy to get up.

Sigh

 

‘Xiao Fan, do you want me to fix you something?’ came Biaoge’s voice from the kitchen. He was rummaging the fridge to find something to eat.

‘No…’ Kris replied lazily as he fished out his phone started to scrolling down his weibo, ‘you get something for yourself Biaoge,’

‘Sure you don’t wanna eat something?’ Biaoge asked once again and he handed the younger a carton of Naite milk, the banana flavor one.

 

Kris shook his head and muttered thank as he received the drink.

 

‘Do I need to call Mrs. Fung and ask for you to cancel the meeting?’ Biaoge asked once again with concern tone.

‘No, it’s okay, I can handle it,’ Kris replied.

 

The elder of the two observed the guy before him, deep inside him; he felt pity toward his cousin, despite the luxurious and his glamour lifestyle, despite all the money in his account and despite the huge fame in such young age, he knew pretty well that there something dark and huge as well shadowing every of his movement. Kris was not as plain as Kris people knew.

The silence broke when there sounds beeping and the door opened. Kris turned his head and sighed some more upon acknowledging who was interrupted his quiet time.

 

‘Biaoge, can you throw that trash away?’ he asked loud enough for the new comer to hear which the later snorted.

 

Biaoge smiled and shook his head much to his amusement.

 

‘Evening Biaoge,’ the unwanted guest brightly chirped.

‘Evening Luhan,’

 

Yes the so-called unwanted guest was Luhan, he wore his signature grin when he was happy—despite his tired looking—and seemingly, today was one of his day.

 

‘What the hell do you want?’ Kris spat; he was clearly unhappy with the elder’s visit.

‘What do you want to drink?’ Biaoge asked to try to distract both of them from bickering.

‘I’m good Biaoge,’ Luhan waved his hand and threw himself next to Kris. ‘You can home Biaoge,’

 

Frowned immediately form in Kris’ forehead.

 

‘You can home? Who do you think you are so you can order Biaoge around?’

‘Oh come on Fanfan, you’re schedule was over and let him home and have some time for himself don’t be a spoiled brat,’

‘This. Is.My.House,’ Kris emphasized word by word much to Biaoge’s amusement, Luhan and Kris would not stop bickering over the smallest thing whenever they meet and somehow it relieved him because Kris was really hard to open himself to other.

 

Kris was still glaring to Luhan which the latter ignored and instead he leaned forward to reach Kris’ Naite milk on the table.

 

‘Yi Li is tastier,’ Luhan commented after took a small sip.

‘I don’t need your comment,’ Kris snatched back the carton. ‘I thought you busy recording your album?’

‘And I thought you busy dubbing your movie?’ Luhan asked back and earned another glare. ‘You glared once again and I’ll congrat you if your eyes won’t comeback to its place,’

‘Xiao Fan,’ Biaoge called to excused himself.

‘Oh, thanks for today Biaoge, be careful on your way home,’ Kris smiled and Luhan snickered.

‘Alright guys, I shall go,’

‘Good night Biaoge,’ Luhan sang.

‘Good night Luhan,’

 

And when he opened the front door another surprise was awaiting for him there, a man who was wearing neat black suit was standing in front of the door about to press the bell.

 

‘Good evening Mr. Li,’ Biaoge bowed after his surprise subsided.

‘Is Jiaheng around?’ Mr. Li asked.

‘Oh yeah, he’s inside. Please come in,’ Biaoge opened the door wider and step aside, letting the man entering the house. ‘Xiao Fan, you’ve visitor—’

‘Pa?!’

 

Apparently Kris was curious about the sound Bioage talking to other thus he stood up and looked at it only to find his father in the doorway.

 

‘Oh, good evening Mr. Li,’ Luhan bowed a little when the elder coming inside the living room.

‘Oh, you’re here Mr. Lu? What a nice coincidence and good evening to you too,’ the elder smiled while Kris was stood on the side, eyeing the two of them suspiciously.

 

How did his father knew Luhan? Luhan you’re the slaying .

 

‘How did you know each other?’ Kris blurted the question in his head verbally.

‘Meeting?’ Luhan replied cheekily and Mr. Li was only smiled. ‘Well, I think I need to have shower,’ he added and with one last bow the deer left Kris with his father and climbed upstairs to give both of them privacy.

‘Well,’ Kris started and he sat back on the couch.

 

Mr. Li was still stood up and he tilted his head, looked around the room.

 

‘Nice place to live though I expect you’ve more than this,’ Mr. Li commented.

‘It’s only like my transfer place,’ Kris replied. ‘Is there something on why are you suddenly paying me a visit? Because I ain't going to ask you how did you find my place or something and I’m very sure it isn’t just casual visit,’

‘Alright, I’m sorry to make thinking that way but well, you’ve the point and I ain’t going to pretend either. I supposed your mother was already call you—’

‘Are you still seeing Ma?’ Kris interjected.

‘Can’t I meet her? She’s still family,’

‘Family?!’ Kris raised his voice.

‘Calm down, we’ll always be family; you make us still a family. And if this makes you feel better I never meet her alone or in private, there always another people with us. We talked about you through phone call, alright?’

 

Kris did not say anything and simply leaned backward to the backrest.

 

‘So I heard about the first trial,’

‘My team take care of it, don’t worry,’ Kris sighed.

‘Your grandfather will call you soon and I expect you will come,’

‘I told Ma that I don’t need help, I can handle, my team can handle this,’

‘You know what? It’s more than enough, I watch over you since last year and this is he result? This is what you said you can handle thing? I don’t want people out there stepped down on you, on Li’s family,’

‘None knew if I’m—was a Li and it wont do any good if—‘

‘We already discuss this matter and when your grandfather calls, you better show up. We won’t make public announcement about where do you stand or who are you exactly if you didn’t want to, we can do this quietly but please, this time, let us do what we supposed to do,’ Mr. Li interjected.

‘I hate this,’ Kris muttered.

‘Well you couldn’t choose which blood to run in your veins,’ Mr. Li chuckled.

‘I prefer to stay well away from the family lines,’ Kris firmly said.

‘That bad, but if you say so, I can arrange them.’ Mr. Li shrugged.

‘Alright then,’ Kris concluded and smiled grew wider from the elder’s lips as he stoop up and pat his son’s shoulder. ‘I’ll see you soon,’

 

Kris stood up and tailed behind his father to the front door before opened the door for him and he found himself walk his father to the elevator.

 

‘Its okay you don’t need to walk me down,’ Mr. Li declined when Kris was about to enter the elevator.

‘Well then, be careful Pa,’ Kris said.

 

The elder smiled and nodded and waved his hand goodbye.

 

‘Get yourself rest then, you look ugly,’

‘Sure,’

 

The door closed and Kris was still mindlessly stared at the metallic door before sighing and the young actor turned his heel back to his unit.

 

‘Your Dad left already?’ Luhan asked from kitchen, his left hand was holding fridge’s door and wet towel around his neck, apparently he indeed took shower.

 

Kris did not answer and merely hummed in respond.

 

‘So how is it?’ Luhan asked as he sat back down next to Kris, he placed to cans of beer on the table while he dried his wet hair.

‘What?’

‘Your Dad’s proposal?’

‘Oh,’ Kris shifted and faced the elder of the two. ‘Speaking of this, tell me everything you know because I’m pretty sure you’re one of the behind this.’

‘Don’t accuse me like that Fanfan ‘cause you practically call your Dad as, you know…’

‘Just tell me goddammit!’

‘Time will tell okay? Beside it isn’t my right to say a word,’ Luhan shrugged.

 

You mother er, Kris mentally grumbled. So Luhan indeed knew something—or everything—but he simply refused to tell him, because knowing his father knew the deer boy was suspicious enough.

***

‘Good morning Mr. Wu’ the restaurant manager greet him as she opened the door for him and he nodded in acknowledgement. ‘This way Sir,’

 

Kris mentally sighing when his feet brought him close and closer to the place—wherever the manager will take him to—he was reluctantly to visit.

 

‘Mrs. Li is waiting for you inside Sir, please,’ the manager opened the kissing door in front of them to let Kris in.

‘Thank you,’ Kris nodded. The manager bowed a little and closed the door once Kris was inside.

‘Good morning Mrs. Li, I’m sorry I’m late,’ Kris bowed a little to the lady. Yes she was Mr. Li’s wife a.k.a Kris’ step mother.

‘No, I come here early, take a seat. Would you like to order something?’ Mrs. Li asked.

‘I’m good,’ Kris replied.

‘Well, I’m not good at word, so I’ll go straight to the point why I wanted to meet you,’ she paused and silently observed the young man’s reaction before her; he was wearing unreadable expression like his father. So she tilted her head and blurted out her appreciation. ‘Well, as much as I don’t like you but I have to admit that you’re still have the family pride, your mother raised you well,’

 

Kris chuckled upon hearing the sudden change of topic.

 

‘I take that as compliment Mrs. Li, and yes, my mother raised me well and I determine not to embarrass her in any way.’

‘Well, good to hear that,’ Mrs. Li nodded. ‘So, I’m not sure if your father already told you this but your grandfather planned to have formal meeting with you and I’m pretty sure you know what it means.’

‘If you call me to ask me to refuse for anything they might be offering to me, I couldn’t guarantee that but one thing I can be sure of, I’ll stay well away from Li’s family and as for company, I don’t interest to work behind the desk, so you don’t have to worry about those possibilities. I’m Wu right now and I don’t have plan to change it back to Li,’

Mrs. Li stared at Kris for good few minutes before she reached out her goblet and took small sip, ‘well, if you say so,’ she placed back the goblet to the table. ‘I just want to know which side you stand this time,’

‘I’ll stand in the same place then, present and in the future, I won’t change my mind, I’m pleased with what I have right now, it’s enough for me, I can work and have fun in the same time. Being in the office for the rest of my life is not my dream at all,’

 

The lady smiled as she stared at the younger before her, he has his father’s stubborness she mentally remarked.

***

Kris quietly sat on his business seat on the plane to Nanjing to continue filming his latest movie directed by one of eccentric director, Guo Jinming. His meeting with his step mother went well and somehow it relieved him. It was funny how she felt that insecure about the possibilities of him taking back what he supposed to have—well, from public’s eyes—just because he was a son from one of the richest men walking in the earth’s face. But here he was right now, happy being a young rising star named Wu Yifan and possibly, none would ever suspect if he was an illegitimate child. He went straight to the filming site as soon he touched down and get to his work done.

 

‘Is there something bothering you?’ Biaoge asked during the filming break, the elder notice that his cousin was not as cheerful as usual, as much as he wanted to know what happen to his cousin during the meeting with the step mother, he knew, he did not have any right for that unless, Kris told him.

‘Sometimes I just wanted to be born as ordinary, someone who has no ties with—’ Kris trailed off and scratched his buzzcut hair. ‘It suffocating Biaoge,’

 

The elder patted his shoulder;

 

‘You’re strong that you’ve ever imagine you would be Xiao Fan, like you always said, you can handle this.’

‘Thanks Biaoge,’ just then there staff called him to be prepare for the next scenes.

***

The room filled by murmuring sound and when Kris opened the door he found another surprising sight, Luhan was here too. What for?

Yesterday his father’s PA sent him a draft which stated he would have his own management team and it had no connection with any company which runs by Li. The team would also gradually expand their business according Kris’ will. And other than business matter his father was also take over whole control of his case in Korea, although they still working together with the same firm. With all the agreement he had sign yesterday, now he can focus on his work without worrying anything because everything was already taken care of.

Meeting started and only then he acknowledged about why Luhan was presenting in here or what he meant by business meeting he kept on blabbering about, apparently they would have work together.

That sneaky deer.

 

‘It’s pretty nice doing business with you Mr. Wu,’ Luhan shook Kris’ hand after they were all done signing their paper.

‘I’ll take you down as soon as possible Mr. Lu,’ Kris smirked and Luhan stuck out his tongue.

‘Well gentlemen,’ Mr. Li draped his arms on to Kris and Luhan’s shoulder as he stood in between them. ‘I hope for good news in the upcoming board meeting, and you,’ Mr. Li turned his head to his son, ‘you better take this seriously.’

‘Understood Sir,’ Kris nodded.

 

Mr. Li checked on his wristwatch before he excused himself;

 

‘I have another meeting to go so, it’s very nice business we have to day, see you guys in other meeting,’ with that he left the meeting room along his staff, the door clinked closed.

***

Kris and Luhan stood side by side on Kris’ hotel room’s balcony facing the beautiful view before them with can of beer on their hand.

 

‘You’ve first trial this month,’ Kris stated.

 

Luhan nodded and sipped on his beer.

 

‘Is that why you take my Dad’s offer?’

‘Partly,’ Luhan chuckled. ‘I’m businessman too, and I always need investor and it so happen that your Dad came to me and offer me something nice. I just want to get this done and close the book.’

 

Kris did not answer and he sipped on his beer once in, while. Truth to be told, he too, he wanted everything is done as soon as possible. His side was complying for—almost—everything court had suggested to ending the ties in nice way, but unfortunately, it did not work. Sometime he was wondering himself, was the freedom he asked too much? Apparently so.

Sigh

 

‘We’ll get this done Lu, and we’ll done it right, trust me,’

 

Nanjing bright afternoon became a witness of two youngsters that wanted to clear their path. It would not be easy of course but they would not give up either. These were all now or never, do or die. They have to take the challenge and once they did there no turning back, just like what Kris kept on saying, life is choices.

Maybe not all of the people would understand them or even hate them, some would think they commit the biggest crime ever for betraying the so called brotherhood but it was alright. Once in awhile we need to think of ourselves above everything, it was not selfish, it was necessary. Because it was we, ourselves who had responsibility for our own life, not the company we work at, not the brotherhood we treasure so much, not even our fans that feeding us with fame and illusion. And delusion exists for those who could not accept the reality and hatred was the only way to express the broken heart.

Time would tell when those hearts would be fixed and when the day comes, probably we could see all of us hand in hand, smiling.

 

I don't know if any of my readed interested with my rant, but I was so mad, frustrated and upset. Last night, Yifan's Studio revealed one shocking revelation about his past in Korea. I'm a new fan and barely knew him a year so that I have no idea about what happen to him during his trainee, rookie and early debut. But, it doesn't mean I know nothing about him either, I heard about his sickness, basically I heard about everything but the moment they said that his MIA was actually had everything to do with the company.

What I heard from FANS; Was they were not not sure, but somothing fishy was on the air.

From Anti; Yifan being rebel and wanted to leave but the company eventually managed to get him back.

From Media; Yifan had family issue back in Vancouver.

And last night....

I didn't have word to describe how shock I was.

Back then I was like, "thanks Yifan you're coming back to your team so I met another 11 guys" and I was so so so regret for thhinking that way, right now all I want just smack him on the back of his head and yelled right on his face, "why did you come back?! You better leave earlier!"

Well, I think I have to stop writing now otherwise I won't stop, sorry.