Time is Beyond My Control

Time is Beyond My Control

It was just a vast of white; I don’t even know where I am or what time it was. But I’m breathing and I feel my heart thumping. I know that I’m alive and that’s all what I know because living was something new for me.

There’s a voice in this vast that calls me Minseok. It’s a pretty name because it was given by the Creator and I started cherishing it. He keeps me company and taught me how to fly. The big thing that was attached to my back, He called them wings. I like them, it’s very pretty. It’s soft and big and it carries me in this vast. Then I saw clouds in the vast. They have shapes and they’re darker than the whole space that I’m accustomed to but it’s beautiful.

Then, I finally saw someone like me. He’s very beautiful, everyone is. He has big round eyes and pink lips that whenever he smiles, it turns into a heart shape. He has white wings as well, and we became good friends. His name is Kyungsoo, and like me, he cherishes his name a lot. And we met another and another and another until I grew taller and that my wings are bigger ­until the Creator entrusted us a mission to watch over humans.

They’re frail but still precious because He created them. They have no wings, they don’t fly. They starve and eat, they thirst and drink. They feel pain and they grow old, their forms change. And they sin but they love and they’re so precious to us.

Kyungsoo was entrusted to a man named Kim Jongin. The guy is way younger than the man He entrusted to me. The name of the man that He entrusted to me is Xi Luhan. He is from China not like Jongin who’s from Korea.

Luhan is a kind child; people like him a lot. He listens well to his parents and respects elderly. He is a wise young man. He topped all his classes back in Elementary but competition was present in High School. He graduated University and went to work in a nice company in Korea, still, I haven’t met Kyungsoo.

He has good friends, I noticed. And one of these friends loved him more intimately. They became something that was called Lovers. They were bounded by love and trust.

They’ve been going out for almost 10 months in Human time; Luhan would probably be surprised if I said that in the vast, they’re only dating for a few hours.

I like my Charge. I have a lot of reasons why but...

It was 3 am when I realized that I love him a lot and I have no reason to offer why.

And I guess along with the realization of the fact that I love Luhan is the pain that tags along. Because after 4 am passes by and it turns to 5, I see the sky turn bright and I see the moon slowly recoiling back in its place and I watch the sun peek out of clouds and 6 am turns to 7 and that's when I see him smile to the guy who usually took the space in front of him. His name was Oh Sehun, or so I heard.

He has a very beautiful smile – the crescents at his eyes makes his brown orbs sparkle more. And then it turns 8 am and they leave together, some drinks at their hands and they spend the hour together waiting for 9 am to tick by and when it did, they went inside their stations and started working.

9 am turns to 10 and 11 follows. 12 pm takes its place and yet they are still working. It wasn't until the clock announces 1 pm that they halted their work and they leave again to eat inside a restaurant.

Sometimes they bring their friends, yet often times they spend the time alone. 2 pm ticks by and they enter their stations to work again.

3 pm comes in and one of his friends, the name was Kim Jongdae, visits to give him a small plate of sweets for Luhan to feast on. He thanked his friend but he didn't take one not until 3 pm turns 4 that he finally stopped typing and tasted the sweet he was given before nodding in satisfaction.

By 5 pm he starts humming a song that I know too well, he usually sings it whenever he feels giddy and by 6 pm they have this coffee break. He visits the guy he was smiling at and they talk randomly. He went to work after fifteen minutes and when 6 pm turned 7, he saved the document and closed the computer. He grabbed his coat and they both left.

It was when they reached his house that 8 pm starts and they kissed and I looked at my shoes not wanting to see how happy he is with the guy.

This was the price of falling in love with your charge. Guardian Angels aren't supposed to fall in love but when 8 pm turns 9 and he watches a movie alone that I wish to be a human.

By 10 pm he prepares for bed and I don't follow him whenever he goes to the bathroom. But I hear him cry and I know the reason why. Because it was 11 pm that he saw his boyfriend leave a love note that wasn't especially for him.

He exits the bathroom and cries himself to sleep and by 12 am he's fast asleep. I watch him again, wiping his tears away.

By 1 am, he tossed and turned at his bed as if he was having a nightmare and I blew right through his hand and I felt him smile because I didn’t want him to have nightmares which is why I turned it into a beautiful dream.

1 am turns to 2 and I watch him as the moon lights over his face.

It was 3 am when I realized that I love him a lot. And that's just it...