sleepless

Tell me

Bad mistakes. 83015 edited 62116


Kyungsoo stared up at his ceiling, lying on his bed in the dark. He never really was afraid of being alone but he drawed his blankets close. He sighed inwardly. The raven haired boy closed his eyes and thought about what his acquaintance, Baekhyun told him that afternoon.

-

 

12:00

 

“Hey hey Kyungie.” Baekhyun’s light voice washed over him.

 

“Kyungie?”

 

“It’s my new nickname for you, you like?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged nonchalantly, “It’s…. fine.” Truthfully, Kyungsoo wanted to slap Baekhyun.

 

“Anyways,” Baekhyun leaned closer to Kyungsoo, who stiffened slightly then relaxed, “I need to tell you something…”

 

Kyungsoo’s wide eyes flickered over to Baekhyun’s, which were gleaming. He knew Baekhyun was up to no good because the last time the other boy gave him that look, he ended up seeing that giant friend of his . Dear lord, don’t take me back to that time...

 

-

 

“Hey butthole, were these the pants you wanted?” Kyungsoo muttered as he shoved the Byun’s bathroom door open with his shoulder. He paused as his eyes leveled with the gigantic mirror, which reflected a tall wild-eyed boy, in all his glory.

 

“AHH! Who are you!?” Kyungsoo dropped the clothing onto the floor when the tall stranger screamed bloody murder.

 

“Dammit BAEKHYUN!”

 

-

 

“Jongin likes you.”

 

“What?” Kyungsoo mumbled, still stuck in the horrid memory.

 

Wait what? Jongin, the blondie?

 

Outrageous! Absurd. They hardly even know each other. Why would Jongin like Kyungsoo? Sure they’ve had awkward eye contact in the halls, but that’s about it.

 

Baekhyun continues, “Yeah, good luck,” Good luck? I’m not going to talk to him! Never, ever in a million years! “Anyways, I need to talk to Chanyeol. So… See-ya.”

 

Kyungsoo snapped out of his thoughts a little too late because Baekhyun was out of sight right as he turned to nag at the brunette.

 

-

 

Maybe I could… talk to him at school tomorrow. Just once. No problem, right? Just to clear out that he definitely does not like me. Kyungsoo thought as he fell asleep, fingers gripping the blankets tight.

 

-

 

He was so, so wrong.

 

12:00 the next morning

 

Kyungsoo really, really regretted his decision when he plopped in the seat that was in front of Jongin, who was already looking him over, as he digged into his lunch like a madman. Kyungsoo’s eyes pathetically trailed the limp noodles, which were violently shoved into the blonde’s mouth.

 

“Uh, I’m D-“

 

“Do Kyungsoo, classroom 4-1. Yeah I know.”

 

“Oh.” Kyungsoo’s mouth shut, unaware of what to say.

 

Jongin laughed softly (Which Kyungsoo had to admit, sounded nice), “What brings you here? I only see you in the halls.”

 

The ravenette stalled, and his shoes rubbed against the floor which produced a squeaking sound that made both of them wince.

 

Jongin looked over at Kyungsoo and gave him a questionable look.

 

“I-Um, well, you see, I-Uh,”

 

“Calm down, I’m not going to eat you alive.” Jongin paused to stab his fork into the pile of noodles.

 

Kyungsoo gave a weak chuckle, “Uhm,” How do I word this? “I just wanted to ask if you wanted to be my partner for the science fair?”

 

Wait… No, that’s not what I was supposed to ask!


Jongin paused his noodle-eating,”Really? That’d be great! I was looking for a partner too!” He raised his hand, meaning for Kyungsoo to give him a high five, but Kyungsoo only gave a small frustrated smile and got up from the lunch table a little too quickly, leaving Jongin confused.


 

an//

 

Thank you all you lovely subscribers! All 7 of you,

bbangkimmie, magicbananas, infinity12, joonmyeow, exo_lover152, and last but not least emilia90!

Sorry for not updating earlier <3 love tiny