thunder

Tell me

Tell me your fears. 72915, edited 52316


 

"Hey loser, want to stay over at my house? My dad isn't home till Saturday night." Baekhyun called as he slung an arm over Chanyeol's broad shoulder. The two were walking home from school, together. As always. Chanyeol shot him two thumbs up and a wide sloppy grin that told him yes. Baekhyun smiled back, and gave the taller a thumbs up back.

 

"Okay! Then I'll "clean" the house, while you get your clothes and whatever else you need from your house. Cool?"

 

Chanyeol nodded and answered, "Cool. See you at 5:00?"

 

"5:00 sounds good, see you then!"

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked their separate ways, excited for the sleepover. It was going to be exactly like all the others they’ve had... but they didn't know that this one was going to change everything.

 

-

 

"Hey shortie, I'm here! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!!! " Chanyeol screamed as he pounded on Baekhyun's house's door. In return, Baekhyun yanked open the door, shoving Chanyeol aside.

 

"Dude, are you trying to break my door?" the shorter retorted while inspecting the door.

 

Chanyeol shrugged and said, "Sorry, I thought you wouldn't be able to hear me."

 

"Who wouldn't be able to hear you? Look the neighbors even came out to see you,"

 

Chanyeol turned around and went a little red when he saw a few of his best friend's neighbors all gathered, worried looks plastered on their faces. He bowed and bellowed an apology.

 

"And you know there is this awesome invention called the doorbell. Try it sometime."

 

Chanyeol lightly shoved Baekhyun, "Lame."

 

"Whatever, come in!"

 

The taller of the two pranced into the house while the shorter followed after, rolling his eyes, but still smiling. He got used to Chanyeol’s little episodes.

 

-

 

After ordering pizza (half extra pepperoni half extra cheese) and having a small pillow fight (Baekhyun winning only because Chanyeol let him), the two settled down on the couch, planning to watch some tv. They were like the opposite ends of the magnet, they way they sat. The best friends always sat quite aways from each other, and no one knew why.

 

People guessed a plethora of things. Many were really stupid, and unbelievable.

 

The truth was, it was because Chanyeol farted. Just once. But it scarred Baekhyun enough. It was a whole new level from "silent but deadly", but he never told him. He planned on never telling Chanyeol because he didn't want his friend to be embarrassed. Anyways it's not like Chanyeol complained that they couldn't sit together. Right?

 

-

 

"Baekhyun never sits next to me!" Chanyeol whined, lightly shoving Jongin's body back and forth.

 

Jongin shoved his headphones off his head and glared at the invader.

 

"Dude not my problem." The platinum blonde sighed and slowly shoved Chanyeol away.

 

"But Jongin!,” The shoving continued, ”Why does he never sit next to me?"

 

"Uh, I don't ing know? I hardly even talk to Baekhyun." The other deadpanned.

 

"I wonder if he knows." Chanyeol muttered softly, turning slightly away from Jongin, ear tips turning red. Sharp eyes not missing a single detail, Jongin tilted his head, "Know what?". He tried to keep his tone light, wanting to hear the secret.

 

"Nothing!"

 

Jongin snorted and gently placed his headphones back onto his head.

 

-

 

Chanyeol grabbed the remote and flicked through the array of channels. He landed on a weather channel.

The female announcer blabbed on while they listened silently.

 

"Hey it says there's a high chance of thunderstorms." Chanyeol commented, mildly impressed at the sudden change of weather from the earlier nice skies.

 

"Yeah, the clouds look pretty angry." Baekhyun answered, moving one hand to move away the curtains and peering through the window that beside by his side of the couch.

 

"This is boring. Let's watch Po-"

 

A booming huge thunderbolt shook the whole house, shutting off all the electric equipment. The female announcer was quickly cut off that left a chill running down both of the boys’s backs.

 

"HOLY CHANYEOL! THE ALIENS HAVE COME FOR US!" Baekhyun screeched, his hand reaching out for his best friend.

 

"Baekhyun! Calm down it's a power out. We can wait for the power to come back on." Chanyeol assured, as he grasped Baekhyun's hand.

 

Baekhyun exclaimed, "I, I don't want to die Chanyeol. I'm too young! Too handsome!"

 

"And too vain. You're not going to die bird brain." A lulled response came.

 

A moment of silence.

 

"Dude, Baekhyun. You're cutting off the circulation in my hand."

 

"Oh... Sorry dude." Baekhyun tried to remove his hand, but Chanyeol kept it tight around his own.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes even though Baekhyun couldn't see him. He squeezed his friend's hand reassuringly.

 

"You know what? To pass time how about you tell me your fears?"  For some odd reason, his heart was racing as he asked the question.

 

"Uh, my fears?" Baekhyun’s own small question almost made Chanyeol laugh.

 

"Yeah."

 

Baekhyun shifted a little, flustered at the suggestion, but he answered anyways.

 

"Thunderstorms... "

 

He felt Chanyeol scooch towards him a little. Just a little.

 

"Spiders."

 

Another scooch towards him.

 

"Watermelons..."

 

A scoff came from Chanyeol, as he most likely remembered the day when the watermelon attacked him.

 

Yet another scooch. Chanyeol was close enough, Baekhyun could smell the detergent from his clothes. Subtlety sweet. He never noticed.

 

"... Dying."  His voice strained a little bit.

 

One more scooch. He heard Chanyeol's deep rich laugh near his ear, their thighs touching each other. Baekhyun tensed up, something fluttering in his stomach. Suddenly he was aware of their hands, connected.

 

"...."

 

"What's wrong, Baek?"

 

Baek. Baekhyun closed his eyes, remembering how they first met. It was the local playground. He had bumped into the chubby kid with glasses named Park Chanyeol. They quickly became friends. And somehow lasted up to High School. Everyone knew that if you saw Baekhyun, Chanyeol was with him, and vice versa.

 

He wondered if he hadn't bumped into Chanyeol, would they still find a way to be friends? If he had just been more careful, if he looked the other way, He could have never gotten his best friend to be his.

 

His.

 

He never really thought about it. How overprotective Chanyeol was. His second pair of eyes.

 

-

 

"Baekhyun! Be careful please. You could have been hit by a car!" Chanyeol scolded, tugging the smaller towards him. His ragged breath echoed in Baekhyun’s ear, his pounding heart against Baekhyun’s back.

 

Baekhyun never noticed, but he saw how scared Chanyeol looked.

 

-

 

"Baekhyun, I wrote you notes so you don't flunk that test tomorrow. Promise me you'll study." Chanyeol handed him a stack of papers, stapled on the top right, neat handwriting, and all. Everyone knows Park Chanyeol's handwriting is .

That night he studies. If it were anyone else he wouldn't lift a finger. But Chanyeol worked hard for him...

 

Chanyeol.

 

"I..."

 

"Baekhyun?"

 

"M-my worst fear is losing this named, Park Chanyeol..."

 

"..."

 

Baekhyun paused as no answer came.

 

Then a pair of lips met his. A pair of arms embraced him. He melted into Chanyeol's hug. He was okay. Chanyeol was there.

 

Then the lights flickered. Then .

 

Baekhyun froze, and pulled away from Chanyeol, who looked away from Baekhyun, embarrassed at the whole scenario. Both of their faces were flushed.

 

"Chan..."

 

"I... I like you. A lot. Not just like friends."

 

He felt awkward, he was never really one to delve into the romantic life.

 

"I like you too Chan."

 

"Oka-"

 

"Not just as friends." Baekhyun interrupted.

 

"Really?" Chanyeol’s face was practically glowing.

 

"You farted."

 

Chanyeol froze, giving Baekhyun a look of horror.

 

"I did? I don't smell anything..."

 

"No you doofus, not now. A long time ago. Let me tell you it smelled... interesting. That's why I never sit next to you now. I didn't really plan on telling you but..."

 

Chanyeol turned beet red and covered his face with his hands.

 

"How did you...know?"

 

"Jongin told me the other day." Baekhyun muttered.

 

"That bastard."

 

"In return I told Kyungsoo that Jongin liked him." He smiled slightly.

 

Chanyeol hooted with laughter.


In the end they both laughed. Together.


authors note; thanks for reading!