Marriage Booth

KaiSoo Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Based on this prompt.

 

“Perfect!”

Jongin’s lips curled up into a proud smile after taking a few steps back from the wall where he just posted his drawing. His eyes trailed to the side where other drawings from the other club members were displayed.

“It actually looks pretty cool. There’s no way anyone would miss it,” Joonmyeon, the Manga Club President, commented with his eyes fixed on the last piece that was Jongin’s.

The boy nodded in satisfaction before raising his left wrist to check the time. “Shouldn’t we head home now? It’s getting late.”

“Sure. We should be back here early tomorrow before the opening ceremony starts.”

Jongin watched his senior check the room’s windows and finally lock the door but it only confused him when the older boy started heading towards the other hall. “Forgot something?”

“Ah, right,” Joonmyeon said without sparing the younger boy a glance and continued walking. “Just going to get Kyungsoo.”

The younger male’s ears imaginarily perked up at the mentioned name. Why wouldn’t he get interested when it’s his senior crush’s name? The Newspaper Club’s President, Do Kyungsoo.

His steps were instantly bouncing as he caught up with the senior. He barely gets the chance to walk home with Kyungsoo and he was taking it, even if Joonmyun was there. It would only make it seem natural with a third party than going alone with his crush – which will never happen anyway.

“So, uhm, Kyungsoo hyung is still here at this hour?”

“Unlike us, Jongin, the Newspaper Club is a very busy one. They gather updates and print them for us. Without them, we would barely know anything about the events here in school.”

Just when they were about to knock on the door, it slid open to reveal a surprised Kyungsoo whose stuffs were all on the floor.

“You scared me!” Kyungsoo panted with a hand on his chest as he crouched down to pick up his stuffs.

Jongin thought his crush looked even more adorable when shocked.

There were no words exchanged between them, but Kyungsoo was having a conversation with Joonmyun the whole time they were walking home.

He’s a simple guy. Just watching his crush a few steps away from him was really satisfying. It’s not like Kyungsoo never knew he was there, but really, they have nothing to talk about and barely have in common except for studying in the same school and having the same gender. Maybe some mutual friends too, like Joonmyun and Chanyeol, his best friend whose boyfriend is one of Kyungsoo’s closest friends, Baekhyun.

They exchange smiles, nods, greetings and glances from time to time just to let each other know they exist. At least, that’s what Jongin thought.

 


Jongin thinks it was unfair how his best friend could get so close and even touch his crush’s hair so casually while throughout his whole life, he had never even held Kyungsoo’s pencil from the floor because the said older boy is always quick enough to pick up anything he dropped.

Just like at the moment he was in, during the opening ceremony, Chanyeol casually exchanges high-five with Kyungsoo after the announcement of the official opening of the school festival.

How he wished he could do the same.

 


“Take a break, Jongin. You’ve been drawing requests since we opened,” Joonmyun suggested, tapping the boy’s shoulder who just finished the last request. “Have your lunch and walk around. We only have school festivals five days a year so don’t spend it drawing for people.”

“Sure, hyung. Thanks.”

Just when he was about to stand up from his seat, Kyungsoo’s voice echoes through the room, catching his attention though it was Joonmyun’s name mentioned by the said boy.

“You need something?” Joonmyun asked, motioning for Jongin to take a leave and sits on the now vacant spot from the younger boy.

“About your contest, we at least need a drawing sample to advertise it. Can I take a look around?”

“Sure. Just take what you want. Jongin will show you the samples.”

Before the younger boy could react, Kyungsoo nodded and gave him a hopeful look. He wasn’t even sure what the other was hoping for. “Uh, yeah, this way.” He led the older boy to the back of the room where a wall of displayed drawings by the club members were displayed.

It didn’t take Kyungsoo a while to spot something he finds attractive.

Jongin was about to faint when he found his crush reaching out to his posted drawing with a smile on his face.

“This is good,” Kyungsoo commented, pulling the art closer to examine it. “Neat and attractive.”

“Tha-thanks,” he muttered so softly that the other didn’t even catch it.

And Kyungsoo left just like that while he just watched the figure disappear into the crowd. But his crush liked his work and it would be in the school newspaper by tomorrow. He’s so proud of himself.

 


Kyungsoo approached Baekhyun who was busy typing an article with his laptop, waving the art he picked out from the Manga Club.

“Here,” he handed Baekhyun the paper before taking his spot next to the boy. He picked up his pen and a scratch paper to draw a diagram of the format for tomorrow’s newspaper.

“You’re so sneaky,” the other chuckled, gaining his attention.

“What?” He turned to be met with a familiar signature at the back of the drawing that it made his tummy flutter at the sight. “Are you kidding me?”

“So, you made this free advertisement deal with Joonmyun in exchange for his drawing?”

Kyungsoo just wanted to punch the smirk off his friend’s face. “I didn’t know!”

“Really?”

“I swear,” he hissed.

“Hey, guys!” Luhan, their Chinese friend, appeared at the doorway with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. The boy started humming the wedding tune as he danced his way closer to the two and showed his fingers with an unfamiliar, cheap, gold band.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun exchanged glances.

“What’s that?” Kyungsoo asked, unsure of his unspoken assumption.

“I’m married to my one and only,” the Chinese boy dreamily sighed.

The two went back to their work, totally uninterested. But both were interrupted when petals fell over their works and before they could violently react, Luhan dropped a piece of leaflet in front of them.

“Experience the happiness of getting married to your loved one only at the Drama Club’s Marriage Booth at the auditorium,” Baekhyun read the caption at the bottom of the paper.

Kyungsoo let out a scoff, finding it really stupid and a total waste of his precious time.

“Cool! How do we do it?” Baekhyun exclaimed, earning a disbelieving look from Kyungsoo.

“Just register and donate something for their chosen charity,” Luhan beamed.

“Got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter