Prologue.

The Diner Around the Corner

PROLOGUE

 

 

           I suppose I should start by telling you who I am. As I am the author of this very novel, I see no harm in telling you my real name, since it will most likely be posted on the front page or the spine of the book. My name is Kim Joonmyun, though a recent nickname I have been appointed is ‘Suho’ meaning ‘guardian’. This book will be about certain situations in which have occurred in a small diner that lives right around the corner from my small apartment, hence the name of the book. Although the title itself is not creative, I assure you, there are no other words that would be appropriate in this situation.

            The people that I have come to mingle with in that very place will always hold a special place in my heart, which is why I have changed all of their names in this story, as to protect their identities. I wish them no harm or fame because of this book. And, if you – the reader – happens to be one of those closest to me, forgive me for publishing your conversations and actions.

            But I really could not help myself.

            Finally, one last thing that I would wish to convey to the reader is the fact that yes, I am also going to be writing about myself, under the pseudonym of Suho, in third person. I feel that it will add to the story in a way that would hopefully bring back the atmosphere that occurred during all of these events and put myself specifically in the story.

            Many times I will include my own thoughts, in my own writing, as I reflected on them during that time, or even as I was properly writing this book. It will seem dull and uninteresting in the beginning, but I assure you, there is nothing tedious about this entire novel.

            And if there’s one thing I want to do, is to go back to the start, and meet them all again.

            Enjoy.