IMYFFM 3

I'll Make You Fall for Me [ Revised 2.0 ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 -You ain’t the same pretty girl that I used to know 

Years flew by and it seemed it like it was only yesterday when Ari was leaving for America. She finished high school with flying colors despite the struggle of adjusting to everything; the culture, the people, and especially the language. Both Kims endured the teasing, how people had made fun of their accents, racist comments as well as what puberty had thrown at their faces. Ari suffered a lot but it payed off as when her junior year started as she loss her baby fat and got into fashion. Clothes had become her shield and armor, it was her way of conveying what she was feeling that day or showing different sides of her personality. More so, it helped covered her heart she reserved for the one and only Kwon Jiyong.

She grew a following on a blog she started when she entered college, mainly because she helped dressed his brother to which he didn’t mind, he was a walking advertisement. HImchan liked how his sister handled their transition and adjusting well more than he did. He admits his good looks saved him a lot of times and used it to his advantage, he was more than happy to comply with Ari’s wishes, becoming her model for her crazy creative ideas for the blog she started. All these wouldn’t be possible without the hard work their father did. Their mother became a housewife and their father climbed up the business ladder, he was now working under the CEO and hopefully getting a recommendation soon to be the next in line. You can say things are going pretty good for them. Ari took design and pursued her love for fashion while Himchan followed in his father’s footsteps taking up Entrepreneurship. Hopefully, if things go well he would work for his father in the coming years.

And it was as if lady luck bestowed them enough luck for a lifetime as they’ve reached their goals. Instead of working under his father, Himchan started his own business alongside her sister who made a brand for themselves. Lunar, is a mix of different styles while keeping things casual yet sophisticated at the same time, just like it’s name their style variations has different sides. Ari wasn’t the only one who had an interest in fashion. They were a perfect match, Himchan mostly handled most of the technical, marketing stuff while Ari handled most of the ideas for their creations which never seemed to stop, and soon business is slowly picking up, they had boutiques lining up against well-known brands and they’re ready to take a big step and branch out to other countries. They targeted the biggest investment they could ever have and that was to sponsor Hallyu stars, you couldn’t deny the strong, devoted following a KPOP star has and it wasn’t long before they entered the Asian market.

Now, here she is 8 years later. Luggage in hand as her Louboutin boots clack against the floor, self made muscle tee and oversized jacket covered most of her washed out denim shorts. Incheon Airport had changed a lot through the years at the same time her Korean was somewhat long forgotten as she tried to navigate herself out of customs, she should’ve left a week later with Himchan if it was this chaotic. An entertainment company had reached out for them, asking for a style advice for a debuting girl group. Truthfully, Ari didn’t agree, seeing as she has more important things to do than dress up a soon to be idol but they had connections with Himchan, one of the producer’s is his friend and as he put it, “I owed him a favor.” If Ari didn’t have any ulterior motives she would’ve said no flatly and just let one of her interns to fly out to Seoul and she’ll do it via webcam and continue her business. 

Their high school reunion is in a week and she was more ecstatic over the chance of seeing Jiyong than the business she should be attending. His flawless face that seemed to just make the heavens rejoice. A few might think she did all she did for her dreams but Jiyong was her dream. She worshipped him as a god and did everything in her power to get to where she is now just so she can be at least accepted to even stand by him. She wanted to be deemed worthy enough to be his lover. And she’ll confess to him again at their high school reunion. Ari was so deep in her thoughts she didn’t even realized where she was going before something hard hit.

“If it wasn’t for me you’d probably fall flat on your face.” A deep voice echoed through her ears as she looked up to see who had caught her. Piercing eyes that soon contradicted the gummy smile that graced his lips. Eyes furrowed at the familiarity as she scanned her mind where she had seen him. She felt his muscular arms flex a little before he help her straighten up. 

“Awe, bunny. Don’t remember me?” He chuckled lightly, his deep voice boomed in her ears again, “I’m kinda hurt.” Soon realization hit her, only a few people called her bunny and that gummy smile was one she really adored.

“Yongguk!” He flashed him another of his gummy smiles before she almost lunged for him for a hug. Himchan told her someone was picking her up but she didn’t know it was her cousin, the three of them almost grew up together before Yongguk had to move.

“Oh my god, I’m gonna smack Himchan for not telling me. I missed you!” She nuzzled in his chest remembering how Himchan mostly while Yongguk was the one protecting her.

“Don’t blame your brother. I was planni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter