Jiyong Is the Kinda Guy to Cuddle You to Sleep and then Screw Up Breakfast the Next Day

Bad Neighbor

    With the couch out of commission and the floor being out of the question at Jiyong's insistence, Kwon Jiyong and Lee Seunghyun decided that the single queen-sized bed would be, in fact, big enough for both men to sleep on that night. The two men made their way and settled in under the plush blanket, the wide space between them creating an unofficial boundry. 

 Even with all the room on here, why do I feel so awkward? Jiyong thought, laying awake nearly an hour since they bid each other goodnight.

     When Jiyong went to sleep each night, not used to living all by himself he always felt lonely in his spacious and empty bed. With the uncomfortable feelings that would creep into his mind, he ended up hugging his pillow for comfort. Soon enough, this became a habit and unfortunately for Jiyong, was what kept him awake that night, as the pillow he clutched while sleeping was laying under his neighbor's head. Jiyong considered the option of inching over to the pillow and grabbing it out from under Seungri's head, but the outcome that played out in his head just wasn't worth the risk.

     Sighing inwardly, Jiyong changed his position, turning onto his side to get more comfortable. In that same moment Seungri too, his side in an attempt to get comfortable. Turned toward each other, the men slowly opened their eyes and nearly jumped off the bed in shock when their eyes met the other's in the dark. A red faced Jiyong shot up in bed in an attempt to distract from the girly gasp that had escaped him.

"Yah Seungri-ah! Why aren't you sleeping? And why are you staring at me!"

"What? I opened my eyes and you were staring at ME!"

"WELL- WELL WHY ARENT YOU SLEEPING?!"

"W-well... Jiyong-ssi... I-I-"

"Just say what you're gonna say! Aish! And I already told you to call me hyung!"

"I..." A pause. "I..." Seungri's voice grew softer after each repeat of the word. "I just can't sleep... I don't know why... but ever since I came to Seoul by myself, I've only slept a couple of hours each night. Lately it's gotten even worse..."

"Well did you go see a doctor about this?"

     Seungri turned his face away trying to hide tears that had stubbornly welled in his eyes. His frustration and stress over not being successful even after moving to Seoul to chase is dreams had been weighing down on him too much, and talking about it was bringing it all back again. Hiding a sob proved to be much more difficult to hide than his tears, so Jiyong quickly clued in on why Seungri wasn't replying.
Jiyong's heart ached upon hearing the soft hiccup, so he pulled Seungri gently towards himself and wrapped his arms around him.

"Just let it all out Seungri-ah. Its ok. It's ok..."

     And with those words, Seungri did. His tears. His sobs. Every bit of emotion that laid heavy on Seungri's heart poured out and Jiyong took in it all, the shaking shoulders in an attempt at consoling. After a few moments, the room grew quiet again. Seungri's breathing had evened out after the sobs died down, and now the man lay completely still asleep in Jiyong's arms. The producer peeked down to where Seungri had curled up against his chest to make sure he was really asleep before he pulled the covers over both of them. Now that Jiyong had something (or someone) to hold on to instead of his pillow, he was finally able to fall asleep.

 

 

 

The next morning, Seungri woke up to the smell of something burning and the sound of Jiyong's brassy voice ringing from the kitchen below.

"F  K DAMMIT HOLD ON NO"

Seungri pulled himself from bed and stretched with a groan before padding quickly down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Hey Jiyong-ssi-"

"I SAID before to call me hyung!"

"...Jiyong-hyung, is everything alright? I think something's burning" Jiyong stood amongst the cluttered kitchen; leaning against the island counter on both arms, head hung between sharp shoulders in defeat. He spoke without lifting his head.

"Yeah... I tried to make omelettes for us but-" Jiyongs excuse was interrupted by tendrils of fire that had flared up from a pan on the stovetop. Seungri dove to place a pot lid over the flames to put them out.

"Hyung! Why did you leave this pan of oil on the stove?!" The lid was too small to stop the fire which allowed the flames to over the edges of the lid where unknowingly, Seungri's long pajama shirt sleeve hung loosely off of his wrist.

"F  k! Seungri! Your sleeve!"

"AH! AH!" Seungri tore his shirt off in panic and threw the garment to the floor. As luck would have it, the shirt fell directly onto a rug that lay in front of the kitchen sink. That too, caught fire.

"OH COME ON REALLY?" Seungri was exasperated at this point. What had he done to deserve accidentally burning down his neighbour's apartment? He quickly grabbed a dish towel that hung from the counter and smacked the rug in hopes of putting it out. Hopes were yet again dashed when the towel became another victim of Jiyong's house fire.

     Jiyong decided that this fiasco had gone on long enough. He grabbed a safe corner of the rug and threw it and the towel into the sink, turning on the faucet as strong as it would go. Once that was controlled, Jiyong whipped around to face the stove. The oil in the pan seemed to have burnt itself out as the pan was (thankfully) no longer on fire. Jiyong glanced down at the floor. Seungri's shirt? A little crisp, but had by now burnt itself out.
Finally, Jiyong turned to Seungri. His neighbor stood stock still, shocked and half in the middle of Jiyong's kitchen. A sheepish smile spread across Seungri's handsome face and Jiyong's heart fluttered. His eyes raked down from the smile to Seungri's bare chest, his toned arms, his firm stomach...The wandering eyes shot back up when Seungri cleared his throat. Jiyong's cheeks, not his kitchen, were now on fire.

"I'm really sorry hyung, I didn't mean to ruin your rug...And... Thank you for last night."

Jiyong's cheeks warmed when he remembered how he woke up that morning with Seungri cradled in his arms. He had spent an hour in bed just gazing at the way the morning light lit up the curves of his face and the delicate- ahem no. Jiyong totally did not stare at his neighbour while he slept. Nope. No way.

 "Ah, don't worry about it Seungri-ya. I'm sorry about your shirt... And about breakfast..." 

"It's ok hyung! We can go out for breakfast instead! I know a really good place so it'll be on me! Just let me take a quick shower then we can get dressed an' leave. Sounds good hyuung?" Jiyong barely had time to reply with a "Sure sounds good" before Seungri turned and leapt up the stairs in excitement. When the producer turned back to the mess in his kitchen, a smile was stretched across his lips. 

"Breakfast isn't a date, Ji." he told himself, "It's not a date". But his bashful smile just wouldn't disappear.

 

 

 

"So you're a producer?"

"Yeah at YG studios."

"Waaaah that's so cool! I've always dreamed of being an artist there!"

"Oh real-"

"Do you know the producer GD? GDragon? What does he look like? Is it true that he hides his face because he's really ugly? His backing vocals on tracks always sound really good so I don't see why an ugly face would make people like him less. But you never know, girls are kinda picky... Is he ever going release his own stuff? Everyone on SNS says they'd kill for a GD song-"
Jiyong smiled as Seungri babbled on. His neighbor really seems to like his producing... Should he tell him?

"Yeah Seungri-ya you could totally meet him if you want t-" A gasp from the younger man drowned out the end of his sentence.

"Really hyung??!!? You know GDragon personally??!?"

"Yeah, you wanna come today?"

"Ah hyung, I have to meet the exterminator in 20 minutes... and I don't know how long that'll take... I could maybe come at 4 o'clock?"

"Doesnt matter to me, and he'll be there all day anyway." 

Seungri eyes shone in excitement. Ah, the blond man was so cute.

"Ok Jiyong hyung! I'll see you then! Thank you!!" Seungri pulled Jiyong into a tight embrace before speeding out of the glass doors of the café.

"Dammit" thought Ji watching the man leave from his seat, "even his is cute."

 

 

 

 

     Seungri had only ever seen pictures of the YG building at auditions he had gone to, and those pictures didn't even compare to the real thing. Not only did the enormous structure physically loom over Seungri's head, but the very steel and glass of it gave off an aura of superiority. No Seungri, it seemed to say. You can't come in. You don't belong here.

"Do you need some help?"

    He turned to where the voice had spoken from,and first saw snow white hair that sprung out from beneath a black wide brimmed hat. Dark sunglasses and a black face mask that kept most of the man's features hidden also made Seungri's list of reasons why this dude seemed super creepy. The stranger towered slightly above the blond man and stood with one long leg crossed casually in front of the other, waiting for a reply. After staring stupidly for long enough, Seungri cleared his throat softly before speaking.

"I'm fine, just a little intimidated by this place. It's pretty impressive... These windows even seem like they're saying I can't come in".

The man chuckled deeply in amusement. 

"They can't be saying that" he said, "they're windows ordered from Germany so they can't speak Korean".

     Seungri couldn't think of what to say to that. Was that... Supposed to be a joke? He opened his mouth again but the mysterious man had already made his way past and walked through the sliding glass doors. Seungri put the mystery guy to the back of his mind, shaking his head and straightening his back. His mother always would tell him that confidence would take him anywhere, so Seungri held his head high and walked through the doors. He managed to walk a total of eight steps into the building before he was stopped by a pretty looking secretary at the front desk. I'm totally a ladies man thought Seungri as he walked up to her, this is going to be so easy getting in.

"Do you have an appointment sir?"

"E-excuse me?" That was real smooth... idiot...

"An appointment sir. You don't look like a trainee so the only way you could get in here is if you were lucky enough to get an appointment with CEO Yang. Now what's your name."

"A-actually its ok I'll-" Dammit dammit dammit

"NAME please."

Sheesh lady you don't have to get so aggressive... "Lee Seunghyun-"

A second secretary popped up from behind the computer he was typing away at and turned to the first Secretary. 

"Hey that's the guy that G-"

"Oh!" The first secretary gasped. She looked immediately flustered, standing up and bowed abruptly before ushering Seungri towards a pair of elevators.

"I apologize sir! I didn't know that you were his special guest! It was completely my mistake! If you take this elevator up to the fifteenth floor and turn left, his studio room will be right there!" The lady managed to bow another three times before the elevator doors closed, cutting her off. Seungri sighed in relief. Her reaction seemed a little bizarre to him... Is Jiyong that important at YG? Seungri had assumed his neighbour was more of a lower ranking producer since he'd never heard of the name Kwon Jiyong alongside any well known YG hits, but maybe he was wrong. After all, if Jiyong knew GD then he probably had quite a bit of power.

     The elevator chimed and the doors slid open to reveal a hallway stretching both left and right with live-sized pictures of YG artists splayed across the walls. Turning left towards 2NE1, Seungri walked briskly down the hallway.

 

 

 

     They had re-recorded this section four times now and it still didn't sound right. Jiyong dug the heels of his palm into his eyes as if rubbing his eyes would make clear what bugging him about the song.

"Daesung-aaaaah I think you're dragging it out too much! It's ah-ee-I need you, not ah-ee-I need youuouu! You have to cut the 'you' off after half a beat or-"  A soft knock on the door pulled Jiyong away from what he was saying.

"Come in!" He hollered, beckoning the blurry form of a person behind the glass door with his arm to enter. His furrowed brow smoothed out and a smile crinkled his eyes when he saw the person who came through the door.

"Seungri-ya! Glad you're here!" Jiyong turned from the door to the soundboard and pressed a button to let Daesung hear him again. "Hey! Daesung-ah! Lets take a break so you can come and meet that neighbor I was telling you about!" Daesung peeked his head out of the recording booth shyly and looked across the room. When his eyes fell upon the blonde man, his face split into a grin. 

"Seungri-ssi! Nice to meet you! How are the bugs?"

"Ah, Jiyong told you about that... Hello!" Seungri bowed as low as he could in respect, almost forgetting to since the man in front of him seemed so easy-going and not at all like he thought a star like D-Lite would be.

"Well the bugs are still in my kitchen... Ah! I wanted to say I'm such a big fan of your work! You've won so many awards! A-also I think I'm younger than you D-lite-ssi so please talk comfortably..."
Daesung's smile stretched even wider and banmal began to flow eagerly from his lips.

"I finally have a dongsaeng??!!? Yeah!! Awesome! There aren't many people I talk to here that are younger than me! And all of the trainees are too scared to ever say anything to me! It IS really nice to meet you then! Jiyong here talks about you all the time! You should see the look in his eyes-"

Jiyong took the opportunity to speak when Daesung paused long enough to take a breath.

"SO Seungri-ah, the bugs are still there? What did that bug guy say?"

"Weeeell that's what I wanted to tell you... Mr Joo said that there's a lot more bugs in my apartment then we saw, and that completely getting rid of them and sealing all the entries so they cant come back is going to take at least another week.."

"Ok then, you can just stay with me a bit longer."

"No Jiyong, I can't just put that on you!"

"Its no problem, I needed to set up the guest bedroom at some point anyway"

"But that'd be so much trouble! Im sure I can-"

"No it's fine." 

     Daesung stood quietly, watching at the sidelines as the two men bickered over whether Seungri should stay or not. He was just about to excuse himself as the argument got pretty heated when his friend and co-worker TOP strolled through the door in what TOP liked to call his "ghostly walk". Daesung smiled in relief when he saw the kindred spirit had come to join him and hopefully save him from the neighbourly dispute.

"Yah Jiyooooong" TOP called as he crossed the room. "I heard you invited a little friend to the studio and didn't even call me over to say hi to him."

TOP stopped when he reached the small group of three and tilted his head down.

"Is this him?" He asked Jiyong, peering at Seungri from behind his glasses. Seungri himself stood frozen in shock. The long spindly legs, the dark glasses, and the pure white hair! It was the weird guy from before! When the man pulled the face mask from his chin and removed his shades, Seungri's shock and his heart rate doubled. He bowed 

"Top?? T-Top-ssi! I'm honored to meet you! I didn't know it was you I met earlier! My name is Lee Seunghyun"

"Hello Seunghyun-ah, nice to meet you. I am Seunghyun."

Seungri paused for a moment before realization dawned in his eyes and a playful grin spread across his lips.

"Hello Seunghyun-ssi, you have a nice name, I wish I had a name like yours"

"Thank you Seunghyun-ah. You're an agreeable guy and I hate to tell you this but you can't have my name. I'm afraid you're just going to have to pick a new name."

"I can't be Seunghyun? Maybe then I can be Hyunseung!" The two men broke into fits of laughter at their little game. Jiyong and Daesung however, looked miserable already.

"Oh no," Jiyong groaned "Seungri's catching TOP's stupidity.."

"I don't think it was a good idea bringing him here..." Daesung added, "because now the two of them will never shut up..."

Seungri took deep breaths and tried to control his laughter, clearing his throat and raising his voice to be heard over Top's chuckling.

"Jiyong-hyung, meeting Daesung-ssi and TOP-ssi has been really fun, but... am I still going to meet GDragon?"

TOP's chuckles stopped ubruptly, the tall man sat up straight in his chair. Daesung and TOP exchanged incredulous looks before chuckling under their breath's. Seungri frowned at their reaction.

"Did I say something bad? Is GDragon too busy to meet anyone? Does he hate meeting people?"

"Oh yeah" Daesung chirped between giggles, "He's such a shut-in. He has very few friends."

Jiyong shot the singer a mock pissed off face before turning to Seungri with a reassuring smile.

"No no of course you're going to meet him Seungri-ya. Just before we go, I want you to answer a question."

TOP got up and plopped down beside Daesung on the couch, the two of them trying to stiffle their giggles and watching what was unfolding before them.

"First of all, whats the first syllable of my name?" Jiyong asked.

"Ji."

"Ok good. Now whats the second syllable?"

"Yong."

"Good. Do you know what Yong means in english?"

"Uhmm" Seungri paused for a while trying to recall any high school english. "No? I don't think I know hyung."

"It means Dragon in english. So now take a second. My name is Ji-yong. Ji-"

"DRAGON?!??!!??? WAIT YOU'RE GDRAGON?????"

The two artists on the couch could no longer take it. They practically burst open with laughter, TOP rolling off onto the floor and Daesung's cheeks wet with tears. Jiyong too, laughed lightly. His neighbour really was just too cute.

 


I totally got the idea of the Seunghyuns and their dad jokes from a text post on tumblr...

 

Hello readers! Wooooo it's been a while hasn't it? I'll spare you guys the excuses, except for that it is so hard to write a fic when you read so many other really well written ones!TT  Nevertheless, I powered through it and rewrote this like 8 times until I decided that it was good enough to post... There's a little bit of angst at the beginning there but not to worry! It won't be a reacurring thing. Maybe...

I've actually been running out of ideas on what to have happen in this AU so if you guys have any ideas for me then that would sure speed up the next update! Also, if you see any mistakes or have any suggestions then I'd be ecstatic if you guys let me know about them! 

Thank you so much for reading and until next time, stay primo!!!!