It started From That Letter

It started From That Letter

 [You At 7 Years Old]
You are in the mall with your Mom. You were just wondering about the clothes around you. They were too pretty and colorful. You were so caught up with the clothes, you didn't hear your mom say, "______, don't wander off. You might get lost! Just stay there for awhile while Mommy gets something." You finally got tired seeing the same clothes. You wanted to go to a different section already. "Where's eomma?" You started walking around and around until you became really lost. You were in the toys section already, but you weren't happy. You just cried and cried. People passing by thought it was cute for a little girl to cry, but they weren't helping. Suddenly, you see a chicken drumstick infront of your face. The hand that was holding the drumstick was owned by a boy who you thought was a bit older than you. You stared at him. "What? Don't you like chicken?" he said while wriggling the chicken. You giggled. He smiled. "I'm actually being nice to you. This is my favorite food and I don't really share it, so take it.." he said while he was hiding his flushed face. You took the chicken from his hand, but then you suddenly remember you were lost. You started crying again. "Ahhhh! Why are you crying??" he asked. "I'm lost... My mommy..." you sobbed. "Ah don't worry. We'll find her." He took your hand. You felt safe with him and you trusted him. You let him lead you. A few minutes after, you finally saw your Mom talking to two guards. "Please! Help me find my daughter.." she said with a soft voice. You ran to her. "Eomma!!" Your Mom looked at your direction. She kneeled and opened her arms to you. "Ahhh... _____. You shouldn't have left there. I was coming back. Don't do that again, araso? You got eomma worried..." She said as she hugged you. You let go. You ran to the boy who helped you. "I'm _____. what's your name?" you asked cutely. "I'm JinKi, but you call just call me Onew." He said with a big smile. "Onew? Onew Oppa, kamsahamnida!" you said as were taking your blue bracelet off. You wanted to give him this. He was blushing. "Onew Oppa, take this." you said as you were holding a blue bracelet with a shiny silver pendant. It had the initials of your name, and it's design can be for both genders. "Huh? why?" he asked. "It's my thank you to you!" you said happily. Your mom called you. "Oppaaaa, bye bye!!" you said. "Kekeke. Annyeong!" he replied. He thought you were very cute. As you left, he said to himself, *I know I'll see you again*

-------

 [You At 18 Years Old]
After that, the two of you became best of friends. He actually lived in the same place as you did. He goes to your house almost everyday. You even go with him to school. The two of you were unseparable. some people would mistake you as lovers, or even siblings. You always blush at the statement that the two of you are lovers, and because of that, you had this growing crush for Onew. Sometimes, when he gets to close to you can't help but feel butterflies in your stomach.
One day, you were waiting for him to come to your house just like the usual. He didn't come. You went over to his house seeing it empty. Your heart fell. The door was locked. You tried knocking and knocking, but there was no answer. You see something beneath your feet. It was a letter from Onew.

- ________,

I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye. We have this family problem that caused us to leave. Please forgive me. I just hope I come back there. If we do come back, it'll take a long time. Just remember me with the memories we had, I'll do too. The bracelet you gave me when I was 10 and you were 7? I still have it... kekeke... _______, I always wanted to say this to you. _______, I like you. We may be young but you made me feel at different. You're really special to me. I'm sorry. Be good, okay? Don't get lost or anything, kekekeke, I'll be having a hard time to find you. >.< GOODBYE.

P.S. Did you find it yet? It didn't turn out as I hoped it would be.. ToT kekekeke

Love, Onew  -


You wanted to cry, but you couldn't cry. Your ONLY bestfriend left you. He left you with a confused heart. He even made it more confused with that confession. But then again, you trusted him. He was also different from all the people you met. You always think of him as weakling, but that's one of the things why you love him. You thought he was a lot stronger when he was 16 and younger, and of course, you saw his growth. He started to become different when he became 17. He said it was just puberty.

*FLASHBACK*
You ran into his house holding a box of chicken. It was your movie night with him at his house. "OPPAAAA~ LET'S START!" you said excitedly. He didn't know you were there yet. You hear him coughing, then when he got inside the movie room, he had a glass of water on his right and a tiny plastic box and his left. You wondered what that is. "Oppa!" you yelled. "AHH!" you suprised him. He was clutching his chest, but instead of feeling sorry, you laughed and laughed. "YAH! Don't be rude! You suprise me inside my house, then laugh at me?" he said angrily. "Ahhh, oppaaa~ I'm sorry. You just looked very silly." you said as you calmed yourself down from the laughing. "Anyways, what's that oppa?" you said pointing to the plastic box on his hand. He hid it in his pockect and said, "Ah, it's nothing.. SO LET'S JUST STAND HERE OR WATCH!?!" he said excitedly as he were trying to change the topic. You were too excited to watch that you forgot the tiny box.
*FLASHBACK*

Because of that, you were curious again. Also after that day, he was acting weird. Weird like he was hiding something. He was also different but you just can't tell what. You went back home and told your Mom, she was sad but you said not to worry. You knew he was coming back for you.

-------

 [You at 19 Years Old]
A year and a half had passed and, you would remember Onew once in a while. You always try to figure out the letter he left on the foot of their door. "A Problem..." you said to yourself. "He would've told me then." you said again as you threw yourself to your bed. He left you with a puzzle. *Goodbye* you thought. "Is that just the normal goodbye, or another meaning? Hmmm.." you said as you sat up from your bed. *Oh, what about that P.S., I don't get it. AISHHH.* You went out your house to get fresh air from thinking to much. You were just walking on the sidewalk and you noticed something. The lights in Onew's house were lit up. You ran to his house, but when you got there, it wasn't. "eh? A second ago they were lit. AISH. I must be hallucinating." You went back home with a heavy heart.
The next day came. You were thinking of Onew again. You got your photo album that has all your memories with him. There was this time you were 9 and he was 12 that he made you buy chicken by yourself. You lost your shyness because of him. The picture was you and Onew did the 'fighting' pose while holding chickens on your other hands. He was also the reason why you fell in love with chicken too. After finishing looking through the pictures in the album, a few tears came down your cheeks. You sighed. "I really miss you Oppa... Until now, my heart is still confused. Please come back. I might know what I feel when I see you..." you said softly.

You woke up sad. Everything reminded you of Onew. You started your day with a jog through the park. Someone got your attention. There was a guy sitting on the bench and there wa something that's metal infront of him. Since you didn't want to be rude, you just passed by. You just did random things today. You were trying to get that weird man out of your head and Onew too. At the evening, you were entertaining yourself. You were singing and dancing to random songs in the radio, and you were thankful because you know them all. "Bo Peep, Bo Peep, Bo Peep, Bo Peep, Bo Peep, Bo Peep, Bo Peep OHH!" you sang and danced. You were near the window and you didn't know someone was watching and smiling. The person left before you noticed you were near the window. The next day came, and you cleaned up your room. Under your bed was a mess but you managed to clean it. You saw something else under the bed. A small box. You got it and thought it was the box that Onew was hiding before. You examined it, and finally realize it wasn't the same box onew was hiding. You sighed. You sat down on bed then opened it. You were suprised. This was what he was talking about in the letter. What you found was a necklace. With it, there's a letter.

- _______,

HAHA! It took a long time for you to find this eh? kekekeke~ I hid it well, didn't I? I made sure you'll find this after a long time because I'm sure after that long time my love for you has grown... Yes ________, I finally confessed. _________, SARANGHAE. I know I won't be able to tell you in person so I say it here. ________, the first time I met you, I already have this crush for you. As we grew, my crush turn into  love. That grew too. I hope this won't ruin our friendship. After reading this... I don't know. Kekekekeke~ I know you'll never like me back... So if you do read this, act like you didn't... Araso? That'll make Oppa happy... If you must know, now that this love has started, I can never end it.

Your Onew Oppa -

"Oppa..." you said as you let go of the letter and got a hold of a necklace. It was a broken heart. You thought that the other half was with him. You smiled because of that thought. You wore it and looked at yourself on the mirror. You pictured him with you right now wearing the other half. You felt happy but that thought faded when you heard a knock on the door. "______! The Lee's are here! And I think Onew's there!" Your heart fluttered with that name. You fixed yourself then ran towards the door. You held the necklace close to your heart. While running towards their house, you whispered "I finally understand my heart... I'm here for you..."  You were in front of their door, both excited and nervous. You rang the bell. Finally, the door opened. It was his Mom. She didn't only look different, but there was something else you can't point your finger on. "______! It been a while." She hugged you with this indifferent smile. "I know you came for Onew. He wants you to read this..." You accepted it and read it.

- ________,

Ah, I'm here already. I missed you. ________, can we please meet? Meet me at the park anytime today. I'll just be there waiting for you..

Onew -

You zoomed to the park then you stopped. You saw the same guy on the day you jogged. This time, that guy was wearing something white. It came to you. "Oppa?" you whispered that question. The guy heard it. he stood up and faced your direction. You were astonished as you saw Onew standing and waiting for you. Your heart fell to the ground. Onew looked very thin. He did not only look weak, but dying. He had less hair and he looked very pale. He smiled weakly but it looked like he was in pain. You can see his veins. You were hurt seeing him like this. He looked so fragile yet peaceful. What really hurt you is that he was in crutches. You approached him and carefully hugged him. "Oppa... What happened to you?" You said as your voice started to crack. Onew faced you, and said very quietly like a whisper. "_______... I haven't been true to you... I had cancer for a while than made me go to America to heal. The tiny box? That was a medicine box... In America, they can't help me so I have to back... I needed to see you..." He was gasping for breath. You don't want to look at him like this. His eyes suddenly lightened up when he saw the necklace on your neck. You also noticed him wearing the other half. He smiled. "So you finally found it..." he said but he coughed. "Oppa... You should just rest. Let's take you home." you said as you started to pull him. "Wait...I need...need to tell you something.." he tried to say it louder. You made him sit down the you sat beside him. You looked at you straight in the eyes. "_______... since that day at the mall..." he was going to say it infront of you, you thought. "You were already different in my eyes that made you very special. Since we grew up togther, you are someone special in my life. ________, you are special to me not only as a frined, but something more..." He said it very quickly. He was actually red and tearing up. He had this paper in his hand, he gave it to you. It was a picture. In the picture was the two of you. You turned it and you see bold letters saying 'SARANGHAEYO ______' You were just frozen. "______.. I just wanted to do it person before I die... I--" you cut him. "Die? YOU WON'T DIE I'M--" "I really love you..." he blurted out. You softened. You held his hand and said. "I Love You too Oppa..." he smiled. A second after, he hugged you. Your shoulder was soaked. He was crying already. He went face to face with you. Then he gave you a wet kiss, wet from the tears. It was salty but it was the right kiss on the right moment. The kiss had no malice no anything.It was perfect love. Though Onew was sick, his lips were smooth and soft. You felt happy. You ddin't know but Onew put most of his strengh to it. He let go and look towards you again. "I Love You.." He leaned to kiss you again. It felt weird that he was leaning. He wasn't breathing. Onew was lifeless. You hoped him to be asleep so you shook him again and again.
"Oppa! Wake up! Please wake up! You can't die... Not here.. Not now... Not now that we're finally together. Oppa, I love you! Please don't die!!" you screamed. You cried on top of him. You finally accepted that he was not there with you anymore. Onew made you really happy. All those notes and letters made your love with him grow more.
You loved him, and no one can ever replace him. You know that one day, you'll be together with him again in a happier place. Even on his funeral, you tried to be happy because that's what Onew would have wanted. Onew's love was never ending and that made your love for him stronger than ever. He's up there patient, and waiting for you.
-end-