Chapter 5

In My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: UGHHH Y'ALL ARE AWESOME THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE COMMENTS :))) I know it's been angsty, and I deeply apologize, but it felt right for this story~ 

    Four years. For four years Mingyu and Wonwoo were to have absolutely no contact with each other. To the suprise of many around them, both Mingyu and Wonwoo stopped being openly heartbroken only after a few months. That is, to say, that they were still sad when no one was around, longingly gazing at photos of one another and staring at the contact still remaining on their phones (Mingyu may have deleted Wonwoo's number, but he still kept the actual contact on his phone and the number on a piece of paper, stuck in his college dorm drawer in between his textbooks). 

    They learned to have fun in college, and in some aspects, Wonwoo was right. While Mingyu NEVER forgot about Wonwoo (he still, even after four years, always kissed the portrait of Wonwoo he had on his nightstand before sleeping), he did place him at the back of his mind and enjoyed college life. Wonwoo, in America, actually had a really great college experience, making American friends who introduced him to culture in New York City, showing him around. 

    And, yes, the inevitable did happen, and Mingyu and Wonwoo met other people. They went to the occasional bar, and yes, they did find some interest in other people. But whenever the other person would get close to either of them, neither of them would find any will to kiss him, hug him, or hold him. Wonwoo would get a dull ache in his heart that painfully reminded him that it was HIS idea after all to be completely distanced from Mingyu, and Wonwoo would have a flash of Mingyu's face. He would just run away from the person, claiming to be sick or tired.

    He'd always regret not contacting Mingyu during his college years.

    Mingyu would just push the other person away, saying that he wasn't interested, and that he had someone already back home. The other person would sometimes scoff, still pushing in the hopes that Mingyu would finally 'forget' about his someone, but that never happened. Of course it didn't, because the pain that he experienced in the airport was still fresh in his mind.

    Both would cry, every single time, after every confrontation in a local bar or party, and eventually, both stopped going to those places, instead opting to go to other college conventions and to focus on their studying.

    It was obvious, then, that both passed their classes with flying colors, completely focused on just getting their four years of college done. Wonwoo focused entirely on his engineering major, eventually capturing the attention of several professors, who eagerly referred him to many companies. He looked at some of the companies offered with a bored eye, quickly skimming through the letters. One company, however, immediately stood out to Wonwoo, and his eyes widened, tracing the logo on the list that read "LG". 

    If he were to intern at LG, that meant that he would get to visit his family after only three years of staying in America. Sure, he would have to go back to America for one more year to finish up his bachelor's degree, but this internship would provide him with an opportunity to reunite with his family...and Mingyu.

    Wonwoo had wondered many times if Mingyu still remembered Wonwoo. He had made the promise three years ago, but who knows, Mingyu could have a girlfriend or boyfriend by now, tired of waiting for Wonwoo. Wonwoo dutifully allowed a few tears to fall as he thought about it, but as a 21 year old who had experienced three years of hard engineering classes, Wonwoo was now mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter