Chapter 4

In My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: AHHHH ok right now just gonna warn y'all upfront, don't expect too much happiness...yet...in fact this chappie is more angsty >.<

Thank y'all so much for all the support, and please leave feedback! (esp. for this chapter because you can tell that in some parts I was having writer's block XD)

       It was the day before Wonwoo had to do the inevitable: board the plane that took Wonwoo to America, where he'd live for the next four years. For the past few weeks, Mingyu and Wonwoo had spent as much time as physically possible, alone together or with their mutual friends Seungkwan and Jeonghan. 

       "Four years, huh...", Mingyu trailed off as they lay in bed together, with Wonwoo curled up next to him, his hand on Mingyu's bare chest as Mingyu Wonwoo's hair. "Four years of no contact, because you think we'll grow tired of each other quickly if we try long distance", Mingyu continued, voice flat. He had long since stopped crying.

       Wonwoo sighed, reaching his head up to kiss Mingyu, encircling both hands around his neck as they tried to memorize the surface of their lips. "You know how much I'm going to miss you", Wonwoo breathed into the kiss as he made himself comfortable on Mingyu's lap. "But I want you to have fun while I'm gone. I want you to enjoy your college life without constantly having to check up on me." Wonwoo moved down Mingyu's jaw, enjoying the little groans that Mingyu made.

       "And...honestly...Min-ah", Wonwoo sighed, eyes downcast. "You're not tied down to me either...this technically means freedom from each other as well...", he trailed off, stopping his kisses to look at Mingyu's face.

       Mingyu stared, appalled. "So...then are we breaking up once you arrive in America?", he asked, looking at Wonwoo with dead serious eyes. Wonwoo didn't respond, still averting his eyes from Mingyu. "Wonwoo...are you breaking up with me?", Mingyu asked slowly, prying himself from Wonwoo. "Are we just going to forget about each other...and start dating other people?", Mingyu said louder.

       Wonwoo got up and hugged him from behind. "You have to realize that I'm offering us a choice...We could stay faithful to each other, and this would just be considered as a light break from the relationship...after all, we love each other a lot...", Wonwoo paused to slowly detach himself from a frozen Mingyu. "...or I could come back to Korea as a friend. Only a friend."

       Mingyu spun around to shake Wonwoo's shoulders. "Babe...you don't realize that I'm not tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter