003

You're my light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month and a half, have already passed by. There were some times where Ha Eun or I would go out and the Detectives would get leads on where our father was at, but other than that... they had nothing.

"The higher ups want us to leave this case," Detective Park pointed out.

"But we can't. The girls aren't safe," Detective Eo responded. "You think I'm not aware of that? Plus you have to include Junho-sshi,"

I looked over to Junho who was calmly reading a book in the living room. How can he not even be phased by this all? I'm a nervous wreck over here and he's over there reading a book! I had a panic attack the other day because I thought Yi Hoon had broken into the house but it turned out to be a really bad storm.

Junho spent the entire night comforting me while the Detectives stayed on high alert in case anything were to happen. I guess... I have to give it to Junho... but sometimes he annoys me so much.

It was already late and the Detectives wanted to go out to get something to eat. "Don't worry about me. You guys go on," I said

"Alright but if anything... anything happens call us immediately. Okay?" Detective Eo shook my shoulders. I nervously smiled. "Okay,"

Once they left, it felt like everything went back to normal for now. I went upstairs to my room to go to sleep because I was actually pretty tired though I didn't do much today.

---

"Are you sure we should have left them by themselves?" Ji Kook said as we walked around the block to a near by tent.

"I'm sure everything is going to be fine," Detective Seo said as he lead the way. I looked back at the house, worried that something might happen since none of us were there. I just had this gut feeling.

"We should't take too long. I just have this feeling that something isn't right," I spoke up. "Detective Eo... I think you've spent too much time around those two," Detective Seo eyed me.

"Seriously... though,"

"How about this Detective Eun get your food and stake out for now," suggested Detective Seo. "I'll accompany you," followed Ji Sook.

"Yah you're my partner," Park Tae Il said rather offended. "Think of it as a temporary switch," Ji Kook smiled. Park Tae Il rolled his eyes as we approached the tent.

"Ajumma! Can we have two plates to go?" yelled Detective Seo as he took a seat. "NE!"

Both Eun Dae Koo and Ji Kook received their plates before leaving. I eyed Eun Dae Koo worried that my suspicion would be true.

"You worry too much Detective Eo," Detective Seo pointed out. "I-I'm just worried about the girls thats all,"

---

I looked out my bed room window. The night seemed really calm and relaxing but I didn't dare go outside. Not at all. Not with my Father's men roaming around, especially at night. For a moment I felt like I needed the Detectives to be here, but I needed to remain strong. I had to deal with this one way or the other. I just hoped that Ha Eun wouldn't stay out too late today.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. "Come in,"

"I thought you were going to bed?" asked Junho as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

"I was... but I suddenly have too much on my mind," I sighed as I pulled the curtains closed and went over towards my bed. I pulled the covers and got underneath them as Junho came over and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"Did you want me to read you something or get your something?"

"Hmm... just talking would be nice," I smiled. He chuckled a little alright. "Could I... lay my head on your shoulder? That's what my sister would do when I couldn't sleep,"

"How old are you again?" he teased as he got up and decided to go underneath the covers with me. He scooted over and put his arm around me pulling me close to him. I snuggled up onto his shoulder, but for some reason my heart was racing and I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

"So what is it that you're thinking about that's keeping you up?" he asked. "You know..." I said as I stared at the wall. "Your father?"

I simply nodded my head, not having the courage to actually answer that. He didn't say anything more as he just pulled me even closer to him. "Everythings going to be okay," he said

He started talking about his childhood, and soon enough I fell asleep. It didn't even feel like an hour later that Junho aruptly woke me up. "Cici," he hissed as he nudged my shoulders.

"W-What?" I yawned. I had really knocked out; I really haven't been able to sleep like that in forever. "I-I think someone broke in," he said with wide eyes.

"What?" I said looking around. "Don't you think it could be the Detectives? Or maybe my sister?"

"No. They usually ring the door bell before coming in. I don't think it could be your sister she isn't this loud when she comes home. Besides it sounded like something broke downstairs. Go hide in the closet. Let me call them," he said pushing me towards my walk-in-closet.

"B-But,"

"GO!" he whispered yelled as he held his phone up to his ear. I quietly went over to my closet and before I closed the door I saw him locking the door and turning off the light as he was talking to one of the Detectives.

---

"Got it. Yeah I saw someone or something earlier... I knew it. Okay don't worry I'll call everyone else. But for the mean time Do. Not. Do. Anything. Stupid. or life threatening understand?"

"Ne ne ne,"

"Alright. We will be going in a few," I hung up the phone. I sighed quickly because Detective Eo was actually right.

"Someone broke in. Let's go,"

"I told you,"

"Shut up,"

Detective Ji and I got out of the car and I quickly sent a text to the rest of the team. Detectice Ji and I pulled out our guns as we approached the house. We went in through the front as always. Maybe we could scare who ever it was.

"Do we have a plan?" asked Detective Ji "No. We don't have a plan. We'll just have to wing it until the rest come here and with back up,"

We approached the front porch of the house. Everything seemed somewhat normal, but I also had a weird feeling. "Open the door," I pointed my head towards the door.

Detective nodded and he slowly went over to put in the passcode and open the door. He pushed it opened as he retreated back into position. I quietly approached the front door, looking around. It was pitch black inside—which I found strange because earlier the lights were on. I highly doubt Junho could have turned them off because he had gone upstairs and the lights were on.

"Be careful..." I whispered as I went up against the wall to find the light switch. Detective Ji followed my lead and we quietly went searching around downstairs.

"You don't think they could have already gone upstairs?"

"Let's wait for back-up,"

He nodded as I finally found the light switch. I flipped the switch and through the mirror I saw a dark figure hiding behind one of the big china cabinets in the living room. I signaling for Detective Ji to back away because it looked like they were ready to strike.

---

All of us dropped everything and ran back to the house at full speed. Upon arrival I noticed that the front door was wide open.

"Look... the window is broken," Detective Park noticed. I simply nodded because that's not what mattered at the moment.

Detective Seo took out his gun and nodded for us to follow. I nodded as I followed his lead. As we went in, the first thing I saw was Detective Eun and Detective Ji against the wall. The latter saw us and put a finger up to his mouth and then pointed to the mirror. Detective Seo slowly approached and noticed what they were talking about. He nodded and proceeded to advance. Wide eyed I wasn't sure what to do, I wanted to run upstairs to check on Cici and Junho but Detective Park held me back.

Suddenly we all heard a grunt and jumped to action to help out Detective Seo but he came out of the living with the person in a head lock. Detective Eun handcuffed him quickly.

"Who are you?" he questioned. All we got was a smirk. Suddenly we heard noises coming from upstairs and then a ear-piercing scream.

"Detective Eo and Detective Park stay down here with him! You two follow me!"

I tried advancing but Detective Park padded my shoulder. "Not this time," he then ran upstairs with the other two. "Talk. Who are you? Who are you walking for? Bong Hyun?"

All we got was a another smirk. "Let's leave the questioning for the station Detective Eo. I think back-up is on their way," he said. "Alright, " I sighed. I was really starting to grow anxious because I was stuck down here.

We heard a lot of noises coming from upstairs, and it was really driving me crazy. "What's going on?" I heard female voice. I whipped around with my gun ready but relaxed when I realized it was just Ha Eun. "Woah..." she held her hands up in the air. "Sorry,"

She gasped when she saw our captive. "W-What i-is h-he d-d-doing here?!" s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter