002

You're my light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No Junho wait!" I cried as I set the phone down. "Why? We have to call them. Tell them whats going on," he said

"I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me," I choked as tears threatened to fall. This was the very reason I stayed in this lonely house. The reason why I've never left and stayed in this darkness that I call home.

"Look... Cici... I know. I've known you since we were little kids. We grow up together. Though I can't really know your pain, I know your suffering. So please just let me help you," Junho said as he pushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear. 

He did have a point. We've known each other for a long time and I would always go to him when I had problems. He was always by my side. Through thick and thin. At my darkest moment... he wanted to be there to protect me. And I couldn't have asked for a better friend.

"Alright," I sighed after a few more moments passed. It was already getting late and I rushed to close all the curtains and make sure all the doors were locked in the house.

 

"They're on their way here," Junho said as he came into the kitchen. Since he was spending the night to keep me company and make sure nothing happens to me, I was cooking some of his favorite dishes. It's been a while since I've actually cooked a meal because my sister wasn't always at home and we never really bought that much food to eat, because of course I rarely left the house.

"What are you cooking?" he asked as he came closer. "Just some of your favorites," I smiled as I turned off the stove and placed the food into dishes.

"Wow... thanks," he smiled as he looked at the set table. I was actually proud of myself. We both sat down as he served himself some rice and kimchi. He then went for the bulgogi, which I really hoped I prepared correctly.

It was actually peaceful between the both of us. For once I actually felt safe. I felt like I breathe and not have to worry about my father and his men. It was if Junho was giving me some time of hope, as if he was lighting my way out of the dark road that I've been walking for years now. I stopped eating and just looked at him. I couldn't think of anything to be able to pay him back. He absolutely has been an amazing best friend, I really couldn't have asked for a better friend.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even hear the door bell. "Oh it must be them," Junho said as he stood up. I looked at him confused, wondering why he was standing up. I stood up after him and went over to the monitor. Sure enough it was all of the detectives that we had met at the police station.

Junho let them in on my behalf because well... he was the one that called them over, not me.

"Is everything alright?" asked Detective Park as he looked around. "Hmm yeah for now," I shrugged. I felt very uncomfortable with having so many people over. It was the first time that I had this much people at my house at once.

"Okay... well where is that recording you talked about over the phone?" asked Detective Eun. "Yah!" Hissed Detective Eo. Detective Eun shrugged as he looked at me waiting for my answer.

I took a deep breathe before sighing. "This way," I lead them towards where I kept my home phone. I had one in case of emergencies, but other that I never really used it. I guess that's why Junho found it so strange for me to have a voice mail.

Detective Eun quickly pressed the play button and listened to the message. Just hearing the sound of that man's voice was enough to send me running to my room and lock myself in for years.

All of the Detectives looked at each other, before looking at an older man. I assumed he was like the Team Leader or something. "What do you think we should do?" asked Detective Ji looking really nervous. He didn't seem like the type to be a detective. I really thought detectives were tough and mean. I guess I was totally wrong, because they were actually a very attractive bunch; including the girl, she was so pretty.

"Well... though it says 'unknown caller' we should try tracking it. We also need to get in touch with the local police here and see if they up their patrols here. Someone needs to stack out outside and rotate out every other day. And someone else should be inside with her," Detective Seo said as he paced back and forth. "Also... you're not going anywhere. They may be after you to now. Do you perhaps live here?" asked Detective Seo to Junho.

"No I don't live here. And I wouldn't think I would be top priority on her father's list," Junho shrugged. "You're still in danger," pointed out Detective Eo.

"I am well aware of that," 

"So you're willing to risk your life because of me? I can't bare that fact Junho. Do you know how I would feel if my own father killed you because of me?" I asked him growing frustrated an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter