Chapter 3

The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa... what am I going to do?" Amber asked in a helpless voice. It was the first time that they had seen her like this. True, they were friends... siblings even. But Amber was the type to keep all her problems to herself and suffer alone – that also means that she solves her problems alone. Maybe that is why she has many friends, people come to her for their problems and she listens, but she never comes for other people for her problems. Well... she does, but to only a handful of people, and her family. And unfortunately the two were not included to that handful of people. They knew, of course, that Amber chose to be strong in front of them since they were her (non-blood related) older brothers, why does she do that for them? They don't know, but one thing was for sure, they will always be there for her even when she does not ask for it. And now that she asked for it? They will grab the opportunity.

 

"What happened?" Donghae asked seating himself beside her, while Jonghyun fetched himself a chair so that he can sit in front of Amber.

 

Amber started to tell them her current dilemma, Donghae listened in rapt attention while Jonghyun was attentively listening to her as he dragged a chair to situate himself on.

 

When she finished telling them about the situation; Amber could see that the two of them were in deep thoughts, but none of them looked as though they were shocked that something like this had happened.

 

Donghae sighed but said nothing. Jonghyun just leaned back on his chair and looked at her intently.

 

"Oppa?" she questioned, the one word question is neither confirming nor contradicting who's the one she's asking.

 

Donghae looked conflicted for a second before he took a deep breath and said:

 

"I think I can speak up for Jonghyun and myself, but I think you should agree–“ Amber was going to open to say something but Donghae held a palm up stop her from talking, he continued. "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. True, we all work in the same business but here in our industry, having different companies might as well mean two different worlds, especially in companies like ours and YG." he reasoned.

 

Jonghyun nodded and put her two cents in, "Also, it's not like we can't work on our collaboration on a later date."

 

"But Jonghyun-oppa, Donghae-oppa is going to enter the army soon. Who knows if we're going to finish the most of it in time before he enters the army? He won't have the time to do this while doing his service. Plus who knows if, maybe, when Donghae-oppa finishes his service you'll be the one who has to enter?" she reasoned out, eyes glossy because of her conflicted emotions.

 

Both men were in awe that Amber was thinking about their sake rather than for hers. But then again, they both knew and had first hand experiences on how giving and selfless she is.

 

Donghae and Jonghyun smiled, a smile that could only be called a 'proud brother's smile'. And Amber was left in a state of confusion of what could that smile could possibly mean.

 

But then Jonghyun spoke up regarding the matter again, "Okay, let's put it this way – we'll support you on whatever decision you'll have, but remember that we'll always be here and available to finish the collaboration, and it is a different matter if we're talking about someone who's in a different agency."

 

Amber took a deep breath and said, "Arasso, I'll think carefully about it."

 

And they left it at that.

 

Throughout the day and into the late night, they continued to work in the studio but the two could see that Amber was still a bit bothered with what happened, and would sometimes just stare into space for a long period of time. But nonetheless they accomplished the goal that they had that day - maybe even more than anticipated.

 

 

Mark was walking on the streets of Insadong while Bambam and Jackson – who were behind him – were chatting nonstop about random things when something caught his eyes so he stopped and turned to its direction. But the other two, not looking at where they're going, bumped into Mark leading to him almost toppling over – and because of its abruptness the two would probably in the same position if it did happen. But then again, it seems that despite of how he looks, he is stronger than he seems, without so much more than a slightly tingling sensation where a body part of theirs bumped with Mark's back. The two was going to lash out to their hyung because of him suddenly stopping but they noticed that Mark's attention was on a different part of the street, so they followed his gaze and found what he was looking at.

 

"Amber-noona?" Bambam questioned, confused, not that it was impossible for her to be in this side of Seoul but the way she was acting was odd, she just sitting there and was staring into space. It was not odd that she sometimes zones out, but there was something amiss with her. And it was when he saw it – her snapback was lying on top of the table, hair slightly ruffled, clothes slightly askew and a face that said that she lacked sleep. Amber was a very neat and organized person – she hates it when her things were unorganized and messy, and that includes her appearance. True, the way she dresses and presents herself to the public is the simple at its purest form – a shirt (sometimes with a jacket), jeans, her sneakers (rubber shoes) and snapback, and she’ll be a happy camper – but she never goes out in public without dressing properly. After all even if she is the simplest member at her group she is still a member of a girl group, and even though it was not high (hers’ that is) she wants to keep up with that image and present herself properly.

 

Mark just nodded as if answering Bambam's question that doesn't really needed to be answered since the three of them can recognize Amber even amongst a crowd of people.

 

Bambam was going to ask Jackson if he knows something that might result with Amber acting this way but when he turned to Jackson... he was not there. But then his gaze caught a mop of blonde hair - that was hidden within a black snapback – that's almost identical to Amber's shade of hair, he then noticed that Jackson was already crossing the street to the direction of the café where Amber was. And when he turned to Mark to ask if they should follow him, he was also not there. Only to find him mimicking Jackson's action and was crossing the street in almost a frantic pace in order to catch up to the GOT7 member that was already at the door outside the café.

 

Bambam took a second or so to process that the two just basically abandoned him, and when he came about, the two was already entering the establishment so he shouted:

 

"Wait for me!" then looked at his right and then left to see if there were oncoming cars, and seeing there were none, he crossed the street. It did not even cross his mind that he practically jaywalked; the other two (also) seemed were in the same state as the Thai idol and did not notice that they had basically broken a law.

 

Upon entering the establishment Bambam saw that Amber, Jackson and Mark were exchanging pleasantries and the two hugged the f(x) rapper in a form of their usual greetings. Seeing that Amber had sat at the café's window seat and that also has direct view of the door so when she saw Bambam enter the door her eyes lightened up and called his name.

 

"Bambam!" 

 

The Thai idol hurried up to meet his noona in a hug.

 

"I missed you Bambam," she exclaimed and then added "I haven't seen you lately, only these two."  then she pointed a thumb to Mark and Jackson who were already sitting at the table.

 

When Amber turned her attention to the two, Jackson was sitting where she sat before they arrived and Mark was sitting in front of Jackson, so that left her to sit beside Jackson and for Bambam to sit beside Mark.

 

"Who told you that you can sit with me?" Amber playfully scolded the two, her hands on her hips.

 

"Amber! Don't be like this, you're breaking my heart." Jackson whined while Mark was just smiling at her with his right hand on his chin.

 

Amber furrowed her brows and said, "So? I've kinda had enough of your faces for the time being, let's see each other next month... at the latest." but as she was finishing her sentence, was almost quirking into a smile at the action that Jackson did. He really looked heart broken, both of his hands were clutching at his chest, his eyes looking at Amber with his most pitiful expression.

 

Not to be deterred, as it was too much fun, she continued, "Because of that, I need you two to leave. Me and Bambam are going to a date!" she happily told them.

 

"Noona!" Jackson exclaimed (whining?), Mark still had that smile on his face while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter