Chapter 2

The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber was writing the finishing touches for the task on the verse that her (non-blood related) older brothers had given her. When she finished, she hurriedly ambled to the couch where the two sat.

 

"Donghae-oppa, Jong-oppa. I've finished the first verse." she had just extended her hand when there was a knock on the door. All of them turned their attention to the door.

 

"Did you order something?" Donghae asked Amber. They all knew how much Amber loves to eat.

 

Amber tilted her head and thought. "No, but I was thinking about ordering something." she answered.

 

"Okay. Amber-ah can you open the door?" Donghae told her.

 

"Eh, me again? I'm always the one opening the door." the f(x) rapper complained.

 

"Well, you're the maknae-" the SJ member pointed out but was cut off with an indignant huff from their little sister who also crossed her arms and pouted.

 

Thinking it was up to him to stop an upcoming fight that could ensue, Jonghyun butted in "And you're the one standing, and is the nearest to the door so you should be the one to answer it." not that he will pass the chance to rile up their little sister.

 

Amber was about to open to retort but Donghae spoke:

 

"How about we play rock, paper and scissors? The loser will open the door." Donghae proposed. There was another knock on the door.

 

"Hyung, are you sure?" Jonghyun asked, skeptical. "You're bad at this." he reminded him.

 

"Nah, it's going to be okay." the SJ member waved him off.

 

Another knock.

 

"Rock, paper, scissors." the Dino siblings chanted.

 

"Ha ha!" the two sang.

 

Maybe lady luck is always on this person's side, because whenever this person is in situations like these, Donghae always pulls through unscathed. Or maybe it should be called a skill.

 

"Aish!" Amber blew an exasperated puff of air.

 

Then another knock resounded throughout the room.

 

"Uri Llama, you should probably open the door." Jonghyun reminded her.

 

Amber let out an aggravated, almost girlish squeal and stomped to the door.

 

The person on the other side knocked again.

 

Amber all but yanked the door open and let out an infuriated "What!?"

 

It was like time stood still for a couple of seconds for the rapper when she opened the door.

 

She blinked, but nothing changed. She blinked again, still the same. She then rubbed her eyes, as if wanting to make sure that it is not an apparition in front of her, but still nothing. But then the apparition spoke:

 

"Ann-" but before he could finish what he was saying, the door slammed in his face and a squeak was heard "-yeong?" he finished bewildered.

 

The Dino brothers are reading the verse that Amber wrote when they heard the door slam shut and the squeak that followed – which could even be heard to the sofa where they sat. They both looked up at the sound and found their little sister looking like she had seen a ghost. The two immediately spurred into action and ran to their little sister, concerned.

 

"Amber-ah, what's wrong? Are you okay?" the two sprouted questions simultaneously.

 

"G-g... G..." Amber stuttered.

 

"G?" they echoed. Amber was going to continue what she was going to say when Donghae beat her to it.

 

"Gee gee gee gee, baby baby baby." the oldest Dino sibling sang and even danced to the song.

 

The younger Dino siblings looked at him. 

 

"Oppa!" Amber was stomping her feet while whining.

 

Another knock was heard and then the person spoke through the door.

 

"Hello?"

 

Amber remembered their current predicament.

 

"G-Dragon!" she shouted, it seemed that she had finally found her voice.

 

The two just looked at her weirdly.

 

"G-Dragon? Where? Here? At SM Entertainment building?" Jonghyun asked, holding a laugh.

 

"Are you sick?" Donghae said with a chuckle, and then touched her forehead to check her temperature. "You're not hot though. I think you're just hungry." 

 

"Aniya! I'm telling the truth!" she whined then her eyes widened and came into a realization.

 

"Oh My God! I just slammed the door on G-Dragon!" she squealed completely horrified that she even covered her face with her hands and then slumped to the floor in her embarrassment.

 

This kind of reaction only happens whenever Amber was really embarrassed, and that doesn't happen much because most of the time she just jokes about it. Because of that rare reaction, they came into a conclusion that what their little sister was saying was true, and so the two spurred into action. Jonghyun lifted her by her shoulders and guided her out of the door's way and placed her beside him, and that's when Donghae opened the door. 

 

"G-Dragon-ssi." Donghae greeted with a bow. Jonghyun copied the action, while Amber is still hidden behind her hands and was even mumbling incoherently into it. Jonghyun made her bow by gently pushing her head down. Donghae walked back and placed himself beside Amber so that she was settled between the two of them.

 

"Donghae-sunbaenim, good morning." the BIGBANG leader also greeted with a bow. "Jonghyun-ssi, Amber-ssi." he added with a bow.

 

"What sunbaenim? Ya, ya, ya remove that. You can call me hyung." Donghae waved the honorifics off.

 

Jiyong just smiled and said, "Then you should also call me Jiyong." he directed the sentence not only to Donghae but also to the other two inside the room with them. But Amber was still behind her hands, although with that sentence that the BIGBANG leader said she peeked through her fingers.

 

Jiyong saw the action and smiled at the f(x) member. Embarrassed once again, she quickly hid again behind her hands.

 

"Jiyong-sunbaenim, what-" the SHINee member was cut off by Jiyong.

 

"Just Jiyong or Jiyong-hyung if you like, but no su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter