Bump to each other

For Me, You're A Piece of Peace

Irene fished out her vibrated phone from her short overall denim, sticked it near her ear, tilted her head to make it stay at the position. She continued walking with two luggage in her hands “Oh, oppa.. I arrived already. I’ll take a taxi to get there. Oh.. ne~’ she hung up. She sighed.. Stopped for awhile. Finally she arrived in Jeju. She got the trip as gift from Junmyeon, neighbor-hood oppa, who is close with her like a real sibling. He works at a law firm in Seoul and Irene lives in outskirt , working as a part-time worker at a convenience store. “Geez.. my bad. Why should I bring two luggages..” she took a deep breath and started to lift her luggages. “Joohyun, fighting!” she nodded full with faith.

She waved as she flagged a taxi but then when the taxi stopped the way too far from her. “ehey.. Ahjussi!” she lifted her luggages again, with a heavy breathing, panting. But when she almost reached to open the door, a guy interrupted her and opened it first. She started to get annoyed.
“I flagged  this taxi first!” she raised her voice while looked down in fatigue. That guy looked at her and her luggage. “do you mind to get any help?” he offered his hand. Irene looked up to see him. He is casually good looking in his blue oversized t-shirt and shredded jeans, he also wore a blank black cap and dark grey slips-on.
“oh.. y-yes, please.” She nodded unknowingly. That guy smiled.

                He closed the taxi trunk. “done!” he clapped his hands for get rid of the dust on his hands. Irene amazed and still looked at him. She nodded. “t-thank you” she did belly bow.
“it’s nothing. So.. have a good trip.” He was about to leave when suddenly she shouted.
“Where are you going?”
“yes?” he turned around to answer.
“where.. are you going?” she shyly asked again.
“I’m going to flag another taxi.” He pointed at the road which is the road for public transportation stop.
“no- I mean.. maybe.. we will go to the same place… I mean direction. I’m going to Topyeongdong”
he smiled again. The way too sweet. Irene almost lost her mind, then he replied “I’d love to share the ride”

                All the way to the hotel, Irene clenched her fists, “what did you do, Joohyun? You bring a stranger to know your place to stay.. what if he is a bad guy?” she took a look at him and then frozen as he looked at her while smiled. She smiled back awkwardly.
“I’m Bogum” he offered hand for shake hands. Irene nodded rapidly and catched his hand for shake hands. “I’m Joohyun”
“pretty name. My first is Park.”
“I’m Bae”

Bogum helped Irene with her luggages as they arrived in front of the hotel. Irene thanked him.
“Do you by any chance will stay in this hotel too?” Irene asked Bogum.
“hm.. I actually already made a reservation here” he showed his phone, a form of room reservation has been done is shown there. Irene’s jaw slowly fell down.
“You’re good at using smartphone” she stared at her phone in her hand. “but you didn’t bring any luggage” she looked around. He smiled.
“My luggages will be arrived here soon. I send it before I flew here”
“Oh.. why didn’t I do the same thing..”
Irene sighed. Bogum stared at her intensively while smiling.

After accompanied Irene to find her room, Bogum left to his own room. Irene bumped her body on bed. “I don’t believe that finally I got a free trip like this” she giggled. “I should send a picture to oppa and.. Seungwan and.. Seulgi, Yeri, Sooyoung too.” She lean her back on pillow and make peace sign, started to take some pics. Done, sent to her relations.

-------------------------------------------------------

                Irene went out earlier this morning, put everything she needs in her small backpack. She wore her short and her white oversized shirt which she tucked inside the short and she wore her black un-heel-ankleboots for matching them all. She looked around, don’t know why does she feel like wanna meet Bogum again.
“he won’t be here, right?” she shrugged. Then started walking to Jeongbang Waterfall which is not far from the hotel.

                The sunlight is a bit intimidating. Irene squinted her eyes, put her hands like a canopy on her forehead. She kept walking towards the waterfall. The scenery is so good. She picked her phone from her pocket and started to taking pics. She wiped her sweat from her forehead. Bogum came out with an umbrella behind Irene. Stood beside her, share the same umbrella. Irene looked at him. “Bogum-ssi?” she gasped. He looked so different with his 5:5 hair, navy long sleeves shirt that tucked in his gray trousers, he rolled the sleeves until reached his elbows, he wore a pair of brown leather dress shoes that look so expensive, a silver formal watch, his look somehow was the way too formal in Irene’s eyes.
“I just came to take a look” he smiled widely. “ah.. yes..” she nodded, hiding her blushing cheeks.

---------------------------------------------

                Back to her town, Irene had to back to her routine. She woke up early and went to work. She opened the store and started to put some goods on its shelf. She cleaned up the table and the counter, wiped the window. Flipped the board ‘Open’. She sighed and fixed her waist apron and the collar of her t-shirt and put on her nametag ‘Irene’. “It’s gonna be another long day” she sighed and then bowed to new customer who has just entered the store.

                At the different place, Bogum started his day. He sat on his chair and focus on some papers on his office. He picked up the phone on his table. “Minju-ssi, I want the report of the development for our resort in Jeju this afternoon before lunch and tell marketing manager to meet me at 3. Thank you” he hung up from the conversation with his secretary. He looked outside the window from his 21th office room. Suddenly remember his fun business trip in Jeju.

-flashback-

At the airport, Bogum was on the phone with the stock holder then he flagged the taxi. The taxi stopped in front of him, then he opened the door when a girl suddenly yelled at him. He blinked few times and hung up. Looked at the girl who was so busy with her luggages, he let a soft chuckle.
“do you mind to get any help?” He offered help.

Arrived at the hotel lobby, everyone bowed at him. He gestured them not to do that as he was afraid that Irene will notice something strange. But Irene was so busy to amaze her surrounding. He chuckled softly. “She is so innocent. Will she be okay? She came along here by herself.” He observed her.

Irene traced the menu in hotel’s restaurant. “whoah.. no kidding. All I can eat is.. salad with my money”. Bogum was sitting behind her accidentally hear her mumbling. He called the waiter and ordered complete breakfast for her.
The food landed on Irene’s table. She widened her eyes.
“so.. sorry.. I think you sent wrong order.” She whispered to the waiter.
“no, miss. This is for you. Because our hotel still promoting breakfast menu” the waiter replied.
“so.. this is free?”
“yes, miss”
he left Irene.
“Thank God! I think I’m lucky” she excitedly clapped. Took her phone and captured her special breakfast. Uploaded it on her SNS with caption ‘I’m a super lucky girl. I’m really on my holiday!’
Bogum was peeking, he smiled. The waiter came to his table and served the coffee and croissant. He thanked him and said “Don’t forget. The bills are under my name.” The waiter nodded, understand.

During the trip, accidentally kept bumping each other with Irene. When at Jeongbang Waterfall too. He was checking the resort near it and accidentally saw Irene walked alone.
“I’d love to receive the report of our development from the resort when I arrived in Seoul” he shook hand friendly with a man with suit and spectacles who held a lot of documents in his hand before he came after her.

-flashback end-