Final

Maybe..Just Maybe

"Oh, c'mon, Soo. It's just one date. Plus, he's a really nice guy." Luhan  says, poking his best friend's cheek.

"Exactly! I don't know him, you do. How about you go out with him." Kyungsoo huffs making Luhan laugh at him.

"You know I have Sehun. That's why I'm dragging you here with me. Plus, Jongin's hot AND single. He's a sweetheart, too." Luhan replies, giving  Kyungsoo a reassuring smile. The younger sighs.

"Fine, but only because I'm already dressed. What time will they be he-" Kyungsoo starts, getting caught off by the doorbell. "Never mind."

Luhan opens the door as Kyungsoo takes a quick peep on how he looks. Just a simple button-up shirt and dark jeans. His dark red hair is styled up, and his glasses sit on the edge of his nose. He contemplates on taking them off, but decides he'd rather see this kid and look dorky than be blind and look hot.

"Soo? Are you ready?" Luhan calls out. Kyungsoo sighs and exits the bathroom, walking into the livingroom.

 

That's when he sees him. The blonde headed God-like man standing in his shared apartment. "Kyungsoo, this is Kim Jongin. Jongin, this is my lame friend, Do Kyungsoo." Luhan introduces, and Jongin gives Kyungsoo a bright smile. 

"Hello, nice to meet you." Kyungsoo says and shakes Jongin's hand.

"Hey, you too!" Jongin responds with a cute laugh. Sehun coughs, earning Kyungsoo's attention. 

"Sehunnie! I've missed you!" Kyungsoo says, giving his young friend a hug.

"I've missed you too, hyung. Oh, by the way, my mom invited you to our family reunion thing next week." Sehun says making Kyungsoo grin and let go of him.

"Deal! I'll be there!"

"How are they so close?" Jongin whispers to Luhan as the other two talk about Sehun's mom's famous pies. 

"They're child hood friends. Kyunggie is actually the one who introduced me to Sehun." Luhan answers recieving an 'ahh' in response.

 "So, are you guys ready?" Luhan asks, ending his boyfriend and best friend's conversation.

"Yeah, let's go!" Sehun yells, grabbing his boyfriend's hand and running out the door, Luhan yelling at him to slow down.

"After you." Jongin says, motioning for Kyungsoo to go ahead of him.

"I've got to lock the door." Kyungsoo replies with a laugh, making Jongin blush in embarassment.

"Oh, yeah, right." He says and exits the apartment. Kyungsoo chuckles, stepping out of the door, locking it behind him.

 

The two walk down the stairs together talking about themselves. "Yeah, I work at a small coffee shop down the street and on the weekends, I sing at a bar downtown." Kyungsoo says making Jongin smile.

"Oh, you sing? Are you any good?" Jongin asks making the elder laugh.

"Well I guess. I haven't gotten fired yet, so I must be okay." Kyungsoo replies with another laugh. "What about you?"

"I'm still in college. I'm majoring as a dancer with Sehun. But on the side, I work at a supermarket bagging groceries." The younger replies.

"Oh, cool! I know the dance teacher. Hyukjae, right? He's a great dude and is super talented." Kyungsoo says as they reach the final step.

"Yes, he's great. I hope to be as good as him one day." Jongin answers, opening the door for Kyungsoo who mutters a thanks.

"You will, just keep practicing. It's the best thing you can do." Kyungsoo says, offering Jongin an encouraging smile. The two climb into the back seat of Luhan's car.

"Finally you two are here!"

 

On the ride to where ever Luhan is taking them, Kyungsoo and Jongin converse, trying to get to know each other better.

"What's your favorite tv show?" Jongin asks, causing Kyungsoo to blush in embarrassment.

"Uhm, Pororo. I used to watch it when I was younger and it just stuck with me." Kyungsoo answers truthfully with a soft laugh.

"Same! I love it! I watch it with my niece all the time!" Jongin says cheerfully.Kyungsoo smiles at the younger's adittude.

"So what's your favorite band?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Well I'm not really into pop. I like more hip-hop and rap." Jongin replies.

"Oh, cool!  Not really my thing, but I can appreciate it. I'm more of a classic rock kind of guy." Kyungsoo says, making Luhan laugh.

"Says the one who has his room decorated in Super Junior posters." Luhan teases.

"Okay, so I might have a secret love for boy bands. But that's not important." Kyungsoo mumbles.

"Oh, c'mon. We all know you'd Donghae's if he asked." Sehun says making him and Luhan laugh and Kyungsoo to blush in embarrassment.

"Oh that's an understatement. You should see the things I find him reading whenever I ask to borrow his laptop." Luhan says causing more laughter.

"Okay let's stop talking my ual fantasies with an idol. I hate you all by the way." Kyungsoo says, the thoughts of murdering his best friends not sounding that bad. Jongin laughs, and Kyungsoo thinks it's probably the cutest thing he's ever heard.

They finally reach the destination, the cute little beach not far from their apartment. "Let's go!" Luhan yells, grabbing a large basket from Sehun. The four exit the car and follow Luhan to a pavilion that has a picnic table and an amazing view.

 

"Where'd you get the food? I know you can't cook for and I didn't make it." Kyungsoo says with a smirk making Luhan scowl at him.

" you. But the neighbor, Seokjin helped me. He's a great cook and his girlfriend is super sweet." Luhan says, smiling at the thought of the cute couple that lives next door. 

"Ahh.. I thought he was gay to be honest." Kyungsoo replies, sitting next to Jongin on the bench.

"Same, but I guess not. Then again, I thought you were straight when I first met you, and you're the gayest dude I know." Luhan says with a laugh. 

"Says the one with a boyfriend." Kyungsoo argues making Luhan smirk.

"Yeah, but you write gay fanfiction about two straight men." Luhan says making Kyungsoo groan.

"Please, for the love of God, shut the up. I didn't let you read it for you to tell the whole world." Kyungsoo grumbles with a pout. Jongin laughs and pats his back.

"It's okay. At least this shows you're creative." Jongin says making Kyungsoo smile at him.

"I promise I'm not as weird as I seem. I only wrote one and I felt gayer than usual that day. I only let Luhan read it cause he had my laptop and threatend to send it to Sehun." Kyungsoo explains.

"He did anyways. My only comment is that Eunhyuk would top, not Donghae. I mean, he's raging with dominance." Sehun says with a smirk.

"Maybe you should take some tips." Jongin says making the other two laugh.

"Oh, off." Sehun snaps playfully, pulling Luhan into his lap.

"Anyways, I brought sandwiches! I figured it be great with the feel of the beach and everything." Luhan says with a cheesy smile.

 

"So, Jongin, what year are you in? I know Sehun still has this and next year left." Kyungsoo says, his full attention on Jongin. If they're on a date together, he decides he should at least get to know him.

"Oh, this is my last year. I've already got my eyes on this studio. I plan to teach and open a dance studio. Plus it has a little apartment above it that I can live in. I just lack about four hundred or more dollars." Jongin answers.

"Really, that's a great plan. And you know, I could always lend it to you. I make that plus more just one night at the bar." Kyungsoo offers, grinning at Jongin who gives him a shocked look.

"No! I couldn't take that from you! I'll be fine." Jongin says, lifting his hands.

"Really, it's all good. All you've got to do in return is come see me perform at the bar." Kyungsoo says with a smile.

"That's it? I would come either way. I'm really interested to see who good you are." Jongin replies.

"Well, we'll see Friday, am I right?" Kyungsoo says making Jongin smirk and nod his head in agreement.

 

-gross time skip brought to you by me, lame author-

The date passed by quickly, and Kyungsoo thinks he might like Jongin a little. When they get home, Sehun kisses Luhan and the couple engages in an overly cute converstion on how much they'll miss each other. Kyungsoo smiles and looks at Jongin.

I had fun tonight. We should do this again soon." Jongin says, a pretty blush on his cheeks.

"So did I. And you'll see me on Friday, right?" Kyungsoo says, a teasing smile on his face.

"Oh, right! Of course, I wouldn't miss it! Do you, uhm, mind if I can have your number?" Jongin asks sheepishly.

"Sure, here give me your phone and I'll give you mine and we can put our numbers in." Kyungsoo says, unlocking his phone and handing it to Jongin who does the same. Once they create their contacts and save it, they give their phones back.

"Alrighty, I'll text you later. It was nice meeing you. I had a really nice time." Kyungsoo says, suddnely feeling a bit bashful, 

"You too, I'm looking forward to Friday!" He replies, pressing a kiss to Kyungsoo's cheek. "Night, hyung!" He says and bolts out the door.

Luhan and Sehun laugh. "I better go check on him. Sweet dreams, babe." Sehun says and kisses Luhan one last time. "Night, Kyunggie." Sehun says and runs after his best friend. Luhan grins and locks the door.

 

"So, what'd you think of him?" Luhan asks once the two have changed and are cuddled up in the living room, a random drama playing softly in the background.

"He's perfect, Lulu! He's really nice and funny. Plus he's already got a plan for himself which is great." Kyungsooo says with a blush making Luhan laugh.

"See? I told you he's great! Now, I better be the best man at the wedding!" Luhan says making Kyungsoo laugh.

"Shut up, hyung!"