Part Three: The Date

Blink-182

Sorry this took me so long to update. But then I had to stay the night at my grandmother's and inspiration went, "Hey! Here I am!"

P.S. This was a lot better in my head.

P.P.S. You really should listen to Blink-182 because they are a good band.


Joshua's P.O.V

Jeonghan appeared a few minutes after I did. "Hey," I said.

"Hey."

Neither of us spoke for a long time. It was awkward- more so than anything else I knew.

"Do you, uh, want to eat?" I asked. Jeonghan smiled.

"Yeah. That'd be nice." So we ate and talked and the picnic made it much more comfortable. Soon we were laughing and talking like normal. After the last of the food was finished, I stood, and Jeongan followed. We worked together to clear the picnic table.

"Wanna go fo a walk?" I asked.

We started to walk around the park. Some ducks swam in the pond, and pigeons flocked together. I kept glancing at our hands swinging side by side, wanting to grab his, but I was too shy. Jeonghan must have noticed, however, because he grabbed mine and entwined our fingers with a sigh. "That better?" he asked with mock irritation. I nodded.

"Much."

As we walked I pulled out my phone. Jeonghan looked at me. I could feel it, but I ignored it. Instead I opened iTunes and played 'First Date' by Blink-182.

I shrugged, "Seemed fitting."

"I agreed to date a dork," Jeonghan laughed.

"Yes. Yes, you did. Will you continue to date this dork?"

"Yes. Yes, I will."

"I'm fine with that." Right then there was thunder, and I looked at Jeonghan in shock. His hair blew as the wind picked up.

"It wasn't supposed to storm until later," I said.

"I know," he agreed. "I'm never trusting the weather channel again."

Then it rained. Thirty seconds later, it poured. We found shelter underneath a large tree. "There goes my outfit," Jeonghan sighed. I looked at it. Cool shoes, y jeans, and a shirt that was now stuck to his torso.

"Looks pretty good." He looked down and pulled at the white button-up.

"ert." Then he pulled a hair tie off of his wrist. "Mind helping me with my hair?" I nodded. Jeonghan turned his back to me. After I pulled back all the loose pieces, he handed me the ponytail holder.

"Done."

"Thanks... Care for a run?"

"A wha-" He dragged me into the rain by my wrist. It almost hurt, but I had fun. We ran around the park, just enjoying the rain and each other. While taking a break underneath a tree, I got an idea. I gripped the branch above us and shook it as hard as I could. Jeonghan shrieked.

"Why'd you do that?" he said.

"'Cause I can."

"Payback!" He pushed my shoulders so I fell to the soaked ground. I grabbed his hand and pulled him after me. "Hey! I'm wearing white!"

"Too bad for your shirt."

"Joshua Hong Jisoo!"

"That's my name; don't wear it out."

"Ugh!" He gave up.

I eventually moved to lean on my elbows. "Well," I looked at Jeonghan, whose hair long ago fell from its ponytail, "this date was ruined, but it turned out pretty alright."

"Yeah, yeah, it did."

"Could I take you for another?"

"That sounds nice... Inside, please."