Part 1: Joshua

Blink-182

“Why are you so nervous?” asked Hansol. “You’re the one who asked him out.”

“So I can’t care about how I look?” I joked.

We currently sat in my bedroom, closet open and clothes out. I was in a loose tank top and sweat pants. in an hour i would be at the park, dating the prettiest, nicest boy ever.

Hansol laughed. “No. No, you cannot. But seriously, dude, just take a breath and calm down. You already got a date with the guy. What else do you have to prove?”

“A lot of things,” I scoffed. “Like that I can plan an amazing date. Or I can dress nice on said amazing date. You’re just a kid; you wouldn’t understand.”

Hansol said, “You’re forgetting who’s already had a girlfriend.”

“You got her in what? Sixth grade? And lost her in what? Sixth grade?”

“Do you want me to help you or not?”

“All right, all right.” I help up my hands in surrender. “Don’t get your in a bunch. Now, more importantly, what am I supposed to wear?”

Hansol searched through my closet for a moment before pulling out a pair of jeans. Catching them when he threw them to me, i examined the pants.

“Are you sure?” I said uncertainly. “They look a little plain…”

“Trust me on this,” Hansol said, handing me a long-sleeved, blue plaid shirt. “Put these on and come back.”

I left for the bathroom. After coming back a few minutes later, Hansol pushed me on my bed, handing over my black Converse.

Twenty minutes later, i was finished. Black hightops, my jeans, my shirt with the sleeves pushed to my elbows, and hair just messy enough.

“Okay,” Hansol said, “you have forty minutes. Think you can wait that long without puking?”

I said, shrugging, “Not sure. Guess we’ll just wait and see.”

Hansol rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Anyway, see you later?

“Where are you so excited to be?”   

“Chan’s house to play video games.”

Ah… Lee Chan, the boy I figured would sometime become Hansol’s first boyfriend. Sometimes they acted too cute for anything else.

“Have fun!” I said as Hansol left. “Don’t keep loverboy waiting!”

“Be quiet!” was the last thing I heard before the door slammed shut.

Thirty-six minutes to go.