Part 2: Jeonghan

Blink-182

“A date, huh?” Junhui said as soon as I opened the door.

“Yeah,” I nodded, “but I have no idea on what to wear.”

“And that’s why I’m here.” He gave me a onceover. “What style do you want? We should start from there. Cute? y? Any ideas? And do you know what you’re doing?”

I thought back to my conversation with Joshua. Something about a picnic and a park. “We’re going to a park,” I said. “He mentioned a picnic, taking a walk, things like that. And as for style, I want a sort of dressy casual.”

“You’re much easier to help than Soonyoung. Poor guy was so nervous about dating Seokmin.”

“Then you’re welcome.”

“Thanks. Now,” he opened my closet, “let’s begin. Bottom to top.”

I said, “Wait- what does that mean?”

He answered, “Shoes to hair.”

“Oh, then, I really want to wear my favorite hightops.”

“The Campbell ones?” I nodded. “I think I can make that work.” He handed them to me, and I placed them on the bed.

Junhui looked in my closet for a couple of minutes, flipping through hangars and pulling certain things out. Soon there was a small pile on the floor of different pants. Blue jean and khaki, long and short, anything that he apparently found “appealing.” Then he sorted through all of those a second time until three pairs were left. “Which pair do you like?”

There was a pair of decent khakis, some cute jean shorts, and then a pair of dark blue, distressed skinnies. I pointed to the last pair. “Those look cool.”

“Good.” He went back to my closet. “And, for this, you have no choice. You will wear this because it is perfect.” ‘It’ was a white button-down that was a size too-large.

I shrugged. “You’re the one with a boyfriend.”

I changed, and, ten minutes later, Junhui sat me in front of my vanity.

“We have thirty minutes. Don’t fidget, trust me, and you’ll still have time.”

It took twenty minutes for him to finish with my hair and makeup. My skin looked like fine China; my lips were shiny; my eyes were big and almost innocent; and my hair was loose and looked perfect. I looked at my reflection from different angles, admiring Junhui’s masterful work. “You need to become a makeup artist for idols,” I said.

“Yeah. Whatever.” He laughed. “Now, get your things ready. And no phone!”

I left the house with chapstick, gum, and five minutes to spare.