prologue

Shadow Affairs

 

I have the same nightmare.

Sometimes I get so scared because it feels so real. I can smell the blood, smoke, and gun powder. I am really little, maybe 5 years old. I remember hiding under the floor boards. A woman with dark brown hair, with pain and fear written all over face. She repeats the same thing to me several times, "It's going to be okay... Don't cry. You have to be quiet okay." Then that's when the screams begin, right after she closes the floor boards.  I cover my mouth and suppress my tears. Someone discovers where I am, and pulls the floor boards up. I see the masked man. He has green eyes that stare into your whole soul. Just as he is about to pull the trigger I wake up.

My name is Kim Eun Soo, or Jack. I am 17 years old and from the woods. What woods? I haven't the slightest idea. Ever since I was little, I was trained to shoot, fight, and use anything as a weapon. We call it Shadow Camp. They call me Jack, because I am a Jack of all trades. Everyone is usually really good in one specialty, but I seem to excel in all areas. I like to believe I am the best in hand to hand combat, but the teacher said all my scores are above average. The only thing I don't seem to excel in is height. I'm 62 inches of pure destruction. I call myself pocket sized. I have blue eyes and dark black hair. I'm not sure what ethnicities I am, so I call myself a Mutt. Well that's enough about me, lets get on with my story!