New Thoughts

Rian and Yong-Guk: Meeting Her Family

Rian had dressed in a burgundy church dress, and heels accentuated by a pearl necklace and pearl earings. She had Flat-Ironed her hair form her usaual curly and her hair stopped just below her shoulder blades. She was never one to wear makeup but she choose a dark red lip-stick and mild hints of blush courtesy of her sister, Kira.

"Well don't you just look like a little St.Mary." Kira said as she turned her sister to face the mirror.

"Yeah right! Besides I'm pretty sure St. Mary wouldn't have thought anthing close to the thoguths I was having last night. "

"Is that in reference to Karter's outlash or to a certain man down the hall?"

Rian began to blush "Both actually."

"Don't worry about Karter she'll regret it later. She never apologizes for but I guarantee she woke up this morning feeling bad."

"Think so?"

"Of course! I would feel bad if I tore into my Baby-sister the way she did... But this is making the room feel gloomy so how about you zip me up and we talk about something else huh?"

"Sure." Both sisters stood side by side. From a distance you would think they were twins. But up close you could definateley tell a difference from their looks to even how they talked. Kira stood slightly taller, was about two sizes smaller than Rian, while the later had beauty marks that traced her neck, and collarbones and talked with a huskier voice. "Standing next to you I really do look like St. Mary. That looks like a clubbing dress."

"Shh don't tell dad." Kira replied in her most mocking tone.

"What are you trying to do? You know when the deaconesses see you they're going to give you a hard time."

"I know but you know what? God knows I'm a good person on the inside, and its not their aporval I need, it's his so I have no concern over them." Kira was fixing some eyeliner that had smudged slightly. "Plus Sister Brown wasn't always, Sister Brown..."

"Yeah when you get married you change from your maiden name usually."

"I suppose the average woman aquaires two last nems in her lfietime but I don't think four divorces and her fifth husbands 'mysterious' death are things you want everyone to know."

"You are so lying..."

"Girls! Boys! Lets go! The Shaw taxi leaves in 45 seconds and counting. Anyone who's isn't in a seat by then will be catching the bus! " Mrs. Shaw shouted from downstairs.

--------------------------------Yongguk's Perspective--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yongguk had gotten dressed to the dukes that morning. Black suit, Black shiny leather shoes, dark red tie, dark red vest amd a dark red hand-kerchief. He had been to church before of course however he had never been to a black church. Yongguk had seen videos online and new that it had tendency to get very exciting very fast. He wanted to blend in as much as possible but he wasn't sure if he'd be able to at this rate. Yongguk realy wanted to be on time he even rigged Rian's alarm so she'd wake up an hour earlier.

"Mrs. Shaw shouldn't we be leaving? I thought Mr. Shaw was preaching."

Mrs. Shaw was adjusting her watch as she added the finishing touch to her outfit."Oh he is. He left thirty minutes ago. Has anyone else came down yet?"

"No ma'am."

"Yongguk watch your ears love. I'm about to get real loud." Yongguk covered his ears and began to step back slightly.

"Girls! Boys! Lets go! The Shaw taxi leaves in 45 seconds and counting. Anyone who's isn't in a seat by then will be catching the bus! " Mrs. Shaw shouted upstairs.

"Lets head to the car so we can get to it then."

"Is it okay if I wait for Rian?"

Mrs. Shaw shrugged her shoulders "Wait at your own risk." She went through the garage door and a few seconds later Yongguk heard the engine come to life.

"Rian please hur-" Yongguk started to mumble to himself, but he stopped as he saw her coming down the stairs followed by her sister. She had Yongguk stunned. Yongguk was seeing her differently then he had ever seen her before and suddenly...

...Damn I hope she looks that gorgeous when we get married...

The thought came to Yongguks mind faster than he could rephrase it.

...Where did that come from?... He then thought.

"Close your mouth Romeo or you'll catch a mosquito." Yongguk suddenly composed himself. "Sorry it's just...you dont' usually dress or look like this nice..." Rian's face showed a questioning look. "Not that you don't usually looks nice I mean nicer than usual." Rian titled her head to the left "Not like that it's just usally you're a 7 but now you're a 10..." Rian crossed her arms. "No wait that didn't come out right I mean you look above average..."

Beep Beep "15 seconds!" Shouted Mrs. Shaw. Rian proceeded to walk around Yongguk followed by her sister.

"Dang! We were just starting to like you too mushu." Kira walked away patting his shoulder and nodding her head in disappointement. Yongguk made his way to the car only to be cut off by a running Stephan and Sean. Yongguk wanted to sit next to Rian so he could talk to her and she woudn't be mad at him anymore but at the same time he couldn't lie she looked amazingly cute when she pouted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning church family and friends. It is I. Sister Brown with your church announcements. Our Guest Pastor for today is Deacon Shaw whom has his whole family here to support him today. Even Kimberly came all the way from South Korea where she's been for the past three months. Please note that choir reaheal has been cancelled this week due to numerous memebers complaining about singins without A/C. A driver of a Black Escalade 2014 Liscense plate 'GodLoves' your lights are on and so is your radio...blastin' secular music *cough cough*. Please refer to your bulletin for more announcements."

"Thank you Sister Brown. I'd like to thank you all for being here. Especaily my family. My wife Linda who puts up with my anticts 24/7, My two sons Stephan, and Sean who come to me when they need money, my daughter Kira who tells the corniest and funniest jokes, my other daughter Rian who many fo you know as KImberly, who continues to travel to every county in the world and last but not least my son-in-law Yongguk who has a vpice so deep that it could compete with the man from all-state. As well as the associates and mentors who helped me prepare the word for today. Please turn to Ephesians, chapter five, reading from verses one and two. When you have it say amen. if you don't say 'hold on preacher'..."

-----------------------------------------------Some time later--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hug somebody before you leave church today." As soon as the church had been dismissed Rian was surrounded by the elders of the church. Honestly she was really surprised that they could move that fast considering their age.

"Mhm. So you must be the one who's married all of a sudden? The way you and that boy was touching arms in church! Shameful! "

"Actually the pew just had a lot of..."

"You don't have a ring so this must've been a spur-the-moment decison?"

"I'm not wearing one because I'm not..."

"Why the rush?"

"There is no..."

"You look a little 'plump' since we last saw you."

"Actually I've lost..."

"Clearly you must've been ing with that boy." Chimmed in Sister Jones

"I haven't..."

"Make sense. Traveling all over, you've done become worldy." Added Deaconess Smith

"If you would just..."

"Probably going to be like Karter. Lord knows how she turned out." Concluded Sister Brown

Rian was officially ticked off and being compared to her arrogant sister didn't make matters any better. "Firstly don't compare me to her. Second, I'm not married nor do I have any intenion of being married. I'm not pregnant. I'm a . Third, YOngguk is my boyfriend and certainly nothing more. My father simply mispoke earlier. And lastly, who are you to interrogate me. No one is perfect but we can all darn well try. Considering that you, Sister Brown have been marreid 4 or more times I'd say you need to evaluate yourself but for you to point your shriveled-up-judgement-making-and-non-manicure-having-finger at me is complete hypocrocy!" Rian quickly pushed past them and left.

"How rude to talk to us that way. Young people these days have no respect."

"You have to give it to earn it." Kira replied as she went after her sister.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that evening as everyone began to make there way back to wherever home was Kira and Rian said ther goodbyes.

"So long baby sister."

"Far well elder sister."

"If I'm every in the Seoul area I'll let you know."

"Thats not necessary. I'll only be there for another month, plus I've never stayed in Seoul. I'm in Busan."

"Whats that?"

"Its like South-side Korea. They have their own accents and everything."

"Sounds cool." Kira pulled Rian in for a hug. "You're doing pretty okay for yourself. Yongguk is cool people. Besides he's in love with you so..."

"How do you know?"

"Becuase when you came downstairs this morning,his jaw met the floor."

"I''ll take your words into careful consideration."

"Okay well my taxi has arrived so I'll catch you later." Rian waved and closed the door. Her sisters' words remained in her ears. Speaking of Yongguk, where is he?

"Yongguk!" She quicly made her way upstairs, due to the possibility that he was still taking a nap since church had gone a little long today. "Yongguk?" Rian opened and knocked on the door quietly."Are you sleeping?" She was suddenly greeted by the worst fake snore she had ever heard. Rian quickly put on her y, and sarcastic voice "Well I guess I won't have anyone to model this Bikini...?" Before she could even finsih her statement Yongguk had sat up and was at full attention.

"Good now that you're listening. I just wanted to talk to you." Rian sat on herself on the bed next to Yongguk.

"About what." Yongguk had one of his serious faces on.

"Calm down Mr.Bang, no need to become so tense."Yongguk relaxed his shoulders just barely. "I wanted to see if you were okay. You haven't said much after church, and I wanted to know if something was bothering you." Yongguk hated to admit it but something was bothering him. Every since this morning the thought of marriage had been running through his mind and honeslty Yongguk wasn't sure what to think of that. He knew that he wasn't ready for it yet but Rian words still botherd him a lot.

"...I'm not married nor do I have any intenion of being married..." "...yongguk is my boyfriend and certainly nothing more..."

But he didn't want to bring up the subject of marriage becuase it was a loaded gun for any couple, one that he didn't want to set off. "It's about this morning." Yongguk reached for Rian's hand and made sure to avoide eye-contact with Rianat all cost.

"What about it?"

"I didn't mean for the words to come out that way..."

"That's all? I was just kidding. I knew what you meant. I thought you were going to say something serious like, someone at church was giving you a hard time. You've been avoiding me all day becuase of that?"

"Yeah."

"And nothing else." Rian turned Yongguk's face so he eas looking at her. Sh coudl see it in eyes, his body language and hsi voice that he was lying to her face.

"Promise."

"Your lying to me." Rian removed her hand from Yongguk's cheek.

"No."

"Bang Yongguk since when did you start lying to me?" Rian snatched her other hadn away from Yongguks and quickly stood up.

"I'm not."

"I'm going to trust that you think you have a good reaosn for lying, and assume that this isn't going to become a habit."

"It's not..."

"Silence is better than Bull. Isn't that what you say? How about you honor it your damn self." Rian left the room and slammed the door shut.

"Rian" Yongguk knew she was pissed because she cursed, and she did it on a Sunday. I'll tell her when I'm ready for that conversation but not now, even if she is pissed at me.

*a/n This is the final chapter...but fear not...I plan on writing an epilogue-type-thing later.

-Stay reading my friends