Chapter 7

A talent for each other

That evening it was raining dogs outside. A young boy made himself ready to go out.

"What the heck are you doing? It's raining a swimming pool outside. You're going to catch a cold!" Key said when he saw his friend tying his shoes. 

"Hyung, I need to go. I finally have the keys to the studio and I want to dance now." Taemin said and he pouted a little. He knew it was raining really hard and he had to walk to the studio. Although it wasn't far, he still would be totally soaked till the bone. It didn't matter. He wanted to dance and that was all that mattered right now. Key wasn't going to stop him.  

Key knew that and sighed. "Okay, but at least let me bring you. I would like to see that studio you're so crazy about." He said and he winked. Taemin smiled relieved and waited till Key was ready to go. 

When they reached the studio is was already late in the evening. Taemin got his key out and opened the door. He was glad the door actually opening. Till that moment it had seem too good to be true and he half expected the key to be fake. He felt a little ashamed because of his lack of trust in Ms. Choi, but he quickly shook it off.

"This is it, Hyung. I'm here now, so you can go." He said when he turned around to face his friend.

"Oh no. Now I'm here, I'm going to see you dance. You have never once really danced for me. Only little bits and I saw some video's, but now I want to see the magic happen myself." Key said and he crossed his arms. 

Taemin laughed. "Okay, let's go to studio 1. But don't laugh at me, okay?" He said. They walked to the first studio and Taemin carefully opened the dressing room to studio 1.

A few minutes later Taemin had changed to his dancing clothes and Key sat in the corner of the studio watching his dongsaeng warming up. Taemin was wearing a tank top and shorts. His strong calves and arms were clearly visable and Key couldn't help but enjoy the view. He didn't feel ashamed, 'cause he didn't feel anything romantic towards Taemin. Taemin was just like a brother to him and he just admired his body. 

When Taemin was warmed up, Key clapped his hands. "Let the magic happen!" He said and Taemin laughed a little embarressed. Key the music and watched Taemin closely.

Taemin looked at Key. He decided not to mind his friend and just enjoy the music. It was a good song and he could already feel his body reacting to the beat. He focused on the mirror and began with a plain bounce, just to get into the rithme. Quickly the bounce changed into a wave and then into popping movements. He smiled when he saw his body moving excetaly the way he wanted to. He had totally forgotten about Key and just enjoyed the freedom of his body.

Key, on the other hand, sat watching with eyes wide open. When he had said to let the magic happen, he wasn't expecting real magic. The limbs of Taemin were going into directions and with a speed Key couldn't even comprohend. When he saw his friend smile, he felt a wave of warmth going through his heart. At that moment he felt so lucky to have a friend like Taemin. 

When the music stopped, he clapped. Taemin looked at him and Key laughed when he saw the surprise in his eyes. 
"You actually forgot about me, didn't you?" He said and he laughed again.

"No, no! I... Okay, maybe a little. I just was so into the dance." Taemin answerend and he turned a little red. 

Key shook his head and smiled. "It's okay. Jeesh, Taemin, you're so freaking talented. You should audition at a company or something." He said, but he knew Taemin would never do that. Taemin was way too shy to be a celebirty. 

Taemin turned even more red. "Now I want to see what you can do. I know you were in a dancing crew when you were in high school." Taemin said and he laughed when he saw Key's surprise.

"B-but I don't have any dancing clothes." The older one quickly said and he felt relieved when he thought about the good excuse.

"Oh, but that can be fixed. I always have an extra pair of clothes." Taemin answered and he pulled Key into the dressing room. 

"Okay, I'll do it, but let me undress myself!" Key yelled when Taemin started to pull his shirt over his head. Taemin laughed and nodded.

When Key was changed, they walked into the studio again.

"Don't expect anything great. I'm not as good as you. What am I saying, I'm not even 10% of what you are." Key said and Taemin immediately shook his head.

"That doesn't matter. What matters about dance is that you feel free and you feel confident about yourself and your body." He said and Key was surprised about the maturity of his friend.

He smiled and nodded. Taemin put on some music and sat down on the same spot Key had just watched him dance. 

 

Five minutes later Taemin was the one with eyes big of surprise and Key felt the sweat dripping down his face.

"So...?" He asked, but he didn't get any further.

Taemin jumped up, ran to Key and hugged him so hard they both fell on the ground.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Key asked while he rubbed the back of his head. 

Taemin was just grinning like an idiot above him. "Just because you're amazing." He whispered and he burried his face into Key's chest.

Key smiled and pulled the younger one closer to him. "You too." He said softly and they just enjoyed each others company.

 


Two days later it was Saturday again. Minho was already awake when his mother called him downstairs. He was getting used to the early Saturday mornings. 

"Today you're going to meet that boy, remember? Be nice to him. He's younger than you and he needs someone to look up to." His mother said to them on their way to the studio. When they reached the studio Minho felt butterflies going around in his stomach. He knew the reason, but he tried to ignore it. *That boy deserves someone better than me.* He thought and he went to the storage room to get the cleaning stuff. 

While he walked past studio 1 he saw someone had been in there. *Who the heck could have already been here?* He wondered while he went inside to clean up the mess the people had left behind. The studio had been locked when they had reached it. Minho decided to tell his mother about it when he would see her again. He didn't feel like looking for her. She would probably be too busy anyway. He quickly cleaned it up. While cleaning he thought about the boy he was about to meet. He really wasn´t looking forward to it. What was his mother thinking? Did she really think he would change because he had to look after some younger boy? Although his mother hadn't said the reason, Minho wasn't stupid. He knew his mother was trying to change him in a subtile way. He was determinent not to let his mother win. She couldn't think she could just control his life!

 

A while later the class of Taemin began. Minho forced himself to be at the other side of the studio when the younger ones came in for the class. He wanted to see the boy really bad, but forbid himself. The whole time during the class he was perfectly aware of the other boy in the building. *Damn, I can't even be in the same building without almost losing my mind!* Minho thought desperately when he saw Taemin's perfect body moving before his eyes again. The last few days he had been replaying the moment he had first seen Taemin dance. 

Then it was time to meet the boy. Minho put away the cleaning stuff and walked to the reception to meet his mother. His mother would introduce him to the boy and lay down the ground rules. *Like we're little kids.* Minho thought annoyed. 

"Are you ready?" His mother asked when he walked to the reception. Minho shrugged. "I'm glad you're so enthousiastic." His mother said and she rolled her eyes. She was a little nervous herself. She was still not sure if it was a good idea to introduce Taemin and Minho to each other. The two boys were so different from each other. Still... Taemin did remind her of Minho when he was younger. She put her doubts aside and led Minho to the studio Taemin was waiting. The boy had probably already changed and showered right now, so it wouldn't be a smelly introduction. 

"Here we are. I'll go see if he's ready." She said and she let Minho wait in the dressingroom. In the studio Taemin was sitting in the middle of the dance floor just looking around a little dazed. He had indeed showered, 'cause his hair was still a little damp and his cheeks were red from the hot shower. His eyes turned to the door when Ms. Choi looked around the corner and he smiled. He put up his tumbs.

"Taemin, I want to introduce you to my son: Choi Minho." Ms. Choi said while she pushed her son into the dance studio. 

It became deathly silent.

 


*So that handsome dancing boy was Ms.Choi's son?* Teamin thought surprised when he saw Minho being pushed inside. He looked different than the last time he had seen him. Minho was just staring at him in utter horror. *What did I do wrong?* Taemin thought confused while he got up to greet the boy.

"We've already met, Ms. Choi, but I didn't know he was your son. Although I should have known when I saw him dancing." He said and he smiled. He did notice the shocked look in Ms. Choi eyes and the panic in Minho's eyes. *What the hell is going on here?* He thought, but he decided not to give any attention to it now.

"Hello, Minho-hyung. How have you been doing?" He asked politely and he bowed. 

Minho bowed too, but could only mumbled some words. Taemin still didn't get what was going on. 

"You've met already? Well, that makes things easier." Ms. Choi said, but she still looked a bit shocked. "Why didn't you tell me, Minho?"

"It's not like I knew you were going to introduce me to HIM, now did I?" Minho said to his mother and Taemin was shocked by the rude tone of his voice. That was not a way to talk to your mother. And wait a second... HIM? Why was he feeling a little offended by that?

"I do have a name, you know? And you actually know what it is, Minho-Hyung." He said and he emphasized Minho's name as a statement. 

"Whatever..." Minho said and he crossed his arms.

*Man, that boy was rude! What happened to the boy I have seen dancing not too long ago?* Taemin asked himself.

"Minho, be nice! You're going to be spending quiet some time together, so you better get along." Ms. Choi said and she looked at her son in anger. "I mean it, Minho." She continued and now Taemin was even getting a little afraid of her. He didn't know Ms. Choi had that in her.

"It's okay, Ms. Choi. I think we just need to get to know each other. It'll be fine." He said and he smiled brightly at her. She smiled back relieved and then walked to the door.

"We're leaving in an hour, Minho. Till then I want you to get to know each other. And please don't kill each other." She said and with a last look on her son she disappeared.

 

"Well... That is a surprise, hm?" Taemin tried carefully to get a conversation started. Minho had sat down at a corner of the studio and tried so hard not to look at Taemin it was becoming embarresing. 

"I know you can dance. How come your mother doesn't know that?" Taemin went on and now there was a reaction. Minho looked at him directly.

"Because dancing is for faggots." The boy answered and then he looked away again.

*Ouch, that hurt.* Taemin thought while he frowned. *This boy has some serious issues.* He thought.

"Like you're so perfect." Minho said and he was frowning too. Taemin realised he had said his last thought out loud and became even more red than he already was. Then he decided it didn't matter. This boy needed some lessons in humanity. Unfortunately it seemed like he was the one to teach them.

He sighed and looked at the boy. *It's that he is really handsome or else, I would already have given up. It will be hard, but I'll make whole again, Minho.* Taemin said to himself.

 


Minho was trying really hard not to panic and scream like a girl. How could his mother do this to him? He was in the same room as the boy that had turned his whole life upside down. Now he had to spent at least an hour with him every Saturday! And they weren't off to a good start, he realized.

He quickly looked at the boy when Taemin was studying himself in the mirror. Taemin's hair was a little damp and looked really fluffy and soft. *I wish I could touch it.* Minho thought and he almost slapped himself. He couldn't think that way! He wasn't a and he had a reputation to uphold. 

He studied the boy a little more. His cheeks were red from the hot shower or something else. It made him look really cute, Minho noticed. An other thing Minho had noticed, was the odor of Taemin. The minute he had entered the studio a odor of soap, sweat and freshly cut grass. He loved the smell of freshly cut grass and he caught himself sniffing up the air in the studio.

*Man, this is going to be hard.* Minho thought while he buried his head in his hands. 

 


A/N: I'm sorry for the grammar mistakes! Normally I always put on the grammar checker before I update the story, but somehow the box where you write your text in is doing weird things. I can't scroll inside it and all the buttons on the top don't work anymore. Please overlook them and I hope it will be fixed at the next chapter. 

Hope you liked the chapter. I want to thank YoungSaengIsMySoul for the support and comments! And of course I'm going to listen to your advice. I'll be trying to write more from Taemin's POV and I hope to write some JongKey moments soon. 

Comment, upvote and subscribe and I'll see you soon! ^.^