Chapter 3

A talent for each other

"So... How did it go?" 

The blond boy looked at Taemin with a sparkle in his eyes. 

"I-I don't know. I think it went well." Taemin answered. Key had been his best friend since kinder garten. They were inseparable ever since. 

"Well?! Man, if you danced half as good as I know you can, you must have slayed it." His friend said and he smiled brightly. "What did you have to wear?" He then asked and he seemed even more interested in that than how it went. 

Taemin smiled. The moment they had entered high school a few years ago, he knew Key was different than other guys. He had a great sense of fashion and was the only one at school who dared to dye his hair bond. He always looked amazing. Taemin admired him for that. Not too long ago Key had admitted to Taemin he was gay. It didn't come as a surprise to the younger boy, but Key still didn't have the courage to tell the rest of the world.

"It was kind of weird. The guys only wore shorts and the girls some ty outfit with a blond wig." He than slowly said and he could see the eyes of Key grow bigger and bigger.  

"The guys were only wearing shorts! Wow, I should have been there. Were there any hot guys?" He then asked and he immediately clasped his hand before his mouth. He looked a little ashamed.

Taemin laughed out loud when he heard his friend ask about the boys. He didn't feel uncomfortable with the idea of Key being gay, but apparently Key did sometimes. 

"Well, there was one guy, but it wasn't one of the dancers." He answered and he suddenly saw the boy behind the window again. His beautiful dark eyes that stared right into his. 

"Oh, than who was it?" Key asked and he jumped up and down from excitement. "Was he more handsome than Jonghyun? No, that can't be possible." He said and he stared into space with dreamy eyes.

Taemin laughed again. Key never stopped talking about Jonghyun. Jonghyun was a collage boy Key had totally fallen for not too long ago. Taemin wondered if Jonghyun even knew the existence of Key, but he never said that to his friend.

"I don't know who it was, but he seemed a little strange. He was staring at me." He then said and he shrugged. He had felt a little uncomfortable with the boy staring at him. Why was that boy there in the first place? 

"Mmm, weird... Let's just hope it's not a stalker. No one is going to stalk my Taeminnie." Key said and he frowned. 

Taemin smiled. Key really behaved like an umma sometimes.

"Let's just go eat. I'm hungry, Hyung~." He said in a cute voice and Key ruffled his hair.

"Sure, baby, what ever you want to eat." 

 


"Is Minho home already?"

Ms. Choi walked into the living room and looked at her husband. 

"He is, but I think it's better to leave him alone right now." He said and he smiled.

At that moment Minho came walking in. He walked to the fridge and opened it.

"We have to talk, Minho." His mother said. Minho only grunted. He got a juice box and wanted to walk away.

"Oh no, you're not getting away now. I've had it with your bad behavior. It's time you learn how to deal with yourself. Sit down." His mother said and she pointed at a chair at the dinner table. 

Minho seemed to hesitate, but he could hear in his mother's voice she was being serious this time. *Did she find out about the stunt at the studio already?* He thought while he sat down reluctantly.

His mother went to sit at the opposite of the table next to her husband. 

"For a while now you're showing behavior we're not liking. Where is the nice and polite Minho we know you are?" His mother began. "You're rude to us, to other people and I've heard enough of the neighbors to know what you're doing when you're meeting those friends of you. I want it to stop. From now on you're coming with me every Saturday to the dance studio. You're going to help me clean the place and you're going to do some chores for me. I think it's important you learn a little humility again. And you're not allowed to see those friends of you again. Expect for your outing to the studio, you're grounded for two weeks. Did you hear me, Minho?"

Minho just looked at her. She had to be kidding, right? Why was she suddenly so strict? He had been this way for a few years now and only now she seemed to have a problem with it. Grounded for two weeks?! Doing chores in the dance studio? What was she thinking?! *Well, at least I maybe be able to find out more about that boy.* The thought flashed through his mind and he shook his head. He couldn't think about that right now.

"Minho, did you hear me?" His mother asked again and she looked at him dead serious. His father seemed a little nervous. His father had never been a strong man when it came to parenting. Minho had often used that in his own advantage. Now he kind of wanted his father to turn against his mother, but he knew that wouldn't happen.

He sighed. "Yes, mother." He eventually said. He knew there was no other way.

"Good, we're starting tomorrow. The kids I've chosen today will come by for their first lesson and the studio needs to be perfectly clean. I want you downstairs here tomorrow at 6 o'clock in the morning, understood?" His mother went on.

6 o'clock?! His mother had officially gone mad!! *But wait... If the new kids are coming... Maybe I have a chance to see him again.* He thought while he nodded.

"Good, now go to bed. It's late already and you need to be up early tomorrow." His mother ended the conversation and she stood up. "I'm sure you'll eventually thank me for this, dear." She said and she smiled at her son for the first time in a while.

"Thank you? I don't think so, mother. I'll do it, but I'll hate you for it." Minho then said and he walked away. This was the first thing he had said since he had come down and his parents stared at him walked away. Minho didn't see the little tear rolling over his mother's cheek. 

 

"Good morning, sunshine." 

The voice of his mother woke him up. 

"Mmmitsstilltooearlymmm." He managed to mumble and he turned around.

"Oh no, baby, you had to be downstairs five minutes ago. I'm not dealing with this right now. Rise and shine." 

Suddenly he felt something wet and ice cold. He shot up and struggled to breath. He looked up and saw his mother smiled at him with a bucket in her hands. 

"Now that wakes you up, doesn't it?" She said and she giggled. She was actually giggling? What the hell was she thinking?

" you!! You can't just do that!" Minho yelled while he jumped out of bed. His whole bed was wet because of the bucket of water. His hair sticked to his forehead and his chest was wet. He was only wearing a boxer which was also wet. He grunted. "Now get out!" He yelled again and he pushed his mother out of the door.

His mother was still laughed when he slammed the door shut. 

An half hour later he was finally downstairs. 

"You'll have to eat your breakfast in the car. We're going right now." His mother said while she stuffed a bowl of rice in his hand and dragged him to the car. Still half asleep he ate his breakfast in the car.

"When we're there I'll show you all the cleaning stuff. There is something wrong with the speakers of studio 2 so I want you to fix it. You can do that, right?" His mother asked.

Minho nodded angrily. What was this woman thinking? He sighed and stared out of the window. 

"Good, there will be a crew practicing there at 8 o'clock so you have an hour to fix it. The new kids will come around half past 8 and will dance in studio 6. I want that studio clean by the time they come, understood? I'm going to get everything ready and double check everything this time." She said and she threw a dark stare in Minho's direction.

*She knows.* Minho thought and he didn't know if he had to smile or facepalm himself. *Well, that explains the sudden punishment.* He thought dryly.

They arrived at the studio and his mother opened the front door. She clicked on the light. They entered a big hall with comfy chairs and a reception. This was where the dancers would come in and chat with each other before the class. There was also a stairs up to the cafeteria. A door behind the reception led to the staff room. A door besides the stairs gave access to the hallway with all the dressing rooms and showers. From the dressing rooms you could enter the studio's. Every studio had a wall filled with mirrors and a bar attached to the rest of the walls. 

"Here are the cleaning stuff and the tools you'll probably need to fix the speakers. I'll open studio 2 for you, so you can start." His mother said after she pointed to the staff room.

Minho sighed again and went to work. The best thing to help kill time was to actually do something, he knew. He just hoped his friends wouldn't find out. Luckily he wasn't suppose to meet them today, but still... He pulled up the hood of his sweater and hoped no one would recognize him.

When he had fixed the speakers, which had appeared to be quiet easy, he went to get the cleaning stuff and walked to studio 6. He heard music coming from studio 5 and he became curious. He knew there was no one expect his mother and himself. He put the stuff down and sneaked into the dressing room.

He peaked around the door and his eyes opened wide in surprise. His mother was dancing to some beautiful classical music. She was moving very gracefully around the room. She made pirouettes, bowed and jumped several times. He couldn't help but admire his mother for her dance talent. 
When the music stopped, his mother looked up and saw Minho staring. She smiled.

"Just warming up for the lesson." She simply said and she walked to the sound system to stop the music. "Did you like it?" 

Minho seemed to come out of his trance and blinked. "I... Ye-No! It was way too soft. It's for faggots anyway." He said and he quickly turned around and walked away. He would never admit to his mother he had loved to watch her dance. He would never admit to her that he was jealous of her dance talent and he wanted to dance so badly it hurt sometimes. 

 


A/N: So... I'm really getting into the story now. I love it! I hope you love it as much as I do. I really like to describe Key in the story. He's like the most extraordinary character to use in a story. Keke... ^.^

Please comment, subscribe or/and vote up! Love you all!