Chapter 5

A talent for each other

It seemed like forever before Minho finally moved. He took a deep breath, not noticing till now he had been holding his breath. 

"W-what are you doing here?" He asked carefully, not fully trusting his voice. At that moment he saw the boy staring at his bare chest. Minho was suddenly very aware of himself being half . He almost jumped to the corner his shirt had been thrown in. Unfortunately for him that corner was the nearest one to the door. Just when he was about to grab his shirt, he stumbled. The big mighty Minho stumbled! He felt himself fall and...

He looked right into the big eyes of the boy under him. Under him?! He gulped. When he had fallen he had knocked the younger boy over too. Now their noses were only a few inches apart.

"W-what are you d-doing?" Taemin asked a little scared. He had never had a boy this close to him (well, except Key, but he was more an umma-like friend). He felt he was blushing. Why the heck was he blushing? But the most surprising thing was that the boy lying on top of him was blushing even more. Suddenly the boy didn't seem so tough. He actually looked kind of... cute? Yes, he looked cute and kind. Taemin smiled.

The boy quickly stood up and looked away. "I-I tripped. And you shouldn't be here." He said and his tough appearance was back again. Taemin's smile slowly faded away. *Just now he seemed like someone I could be friends with.* He thought  a little dissapointed.

"Who are you anyway?" The tall boy went on and he looked annoyed. His big eyes scanned Taemin from his toes to the top of his head. He had a sense of arrogance around him. Taemin could hardly believe this was the same guy who had been lying and blushing on the ground a few seconds ago.

"I-I'm Lee Taemin. Nice to meet you." He then answered and he bowed. The boy looked older and it wouldn't hurt to be nice to anyone.

"Yeah, whatever. Just get back into the dressing room. I'm not done cleaning yet and I still have some time. Just go." The boy said and he frowned.

Taemin was a little taken back. The boy was really rude. What happened to their moment just now? 
"There's no need to be so rude." He said and he frowned to. "I don't even know your name, while you now know mine."

"You don't have to know my name." The boy said angry and he pointed at the door. "Now go! I have to clean, didn't I say so?" He went on and he turned his back to Taemin. 

Taemin noticed the timing was gone and he sighed. Then he shrugged and he turned around to walk back into the dressing room. Just before he entered the room, he could hear a soft whisper.

"I'm Minho, by the way, but it's saver for you not to know that name." 

Taemin smiled, but then frowned. Saver not to know? That was a strange thing to say. 

 


*!! How could I ever embarrass myself so much in from of anyone?* Minho thought while he was furiously mobbing the last part of the floor. He had put his music away to avoid an repetition of just now. He hoped he had scared Taemin away with his attitude. The moment he had looked in those eyes again a few minutes ago, he had known he wasn't right for the boy. Taemin's eyes were full of expectations Minho wouldn't be able to fulfill. 

Taemin... He now knew the name of the boy. Lee Taemin... A good name for such a beautiful boy. 

"Minho, that's enough. You can go now. I expect you back at a quater to 10 to help me clean up the place after the dance class, arrasso?" 

His mother came walking in and Minho could see some kids already peeking around the door to see if they could come in for their first lesson. 

He just nodded and gathered his cleaning stuff. He walked away without even looking behind him to see if Taemin would also walk in. He put the cleaning stuff away and looked at his watch. He still had about an hour to do whatever he wanted. Just at that moment he got a text.

Hey Minnie~
You wanna do something today? I'm bored...
xoxo Jonggie

Minho grinned. Kim Jonhyun was a college student, but they had been best friends for forever. Jonghyun knew about Minho's gang and didn't like it, but he didn't bother Minho telling this. He knew Minho needed to do his own thing, so he just let him be. Once in a while they got together and they would watch a movie or go shopping together. Although Minho didn't really like shopping, he always had a great time when he was with Jonghyun. And it was legal too, which was kind of rare for him the last few years. 

Hey Hyung,
Sure! See you in the park in five minutes?
Kekeke


He could really use a friend right now. 

 

Five minutes later he walked to a boy sitting on a bench. The boy was not really big and had a cheeky smile on his face. His hair was really special. It was brown, but the ends were dyed blond. He wore a leather jacket and skinny jeans.

"Minho! It's been way too long." Kim Jonghyun said while he embraced his friend. 

"Hi, Jong. Like what you have done to your hair. Didn't like your blond hair anymore?" Minho asked and he grinned. He sat down next to his friend.

"Well... There is a boy in my neighborhood who dyed his hair blond and it looked so good on him I had to find something new to overpower him." Jonghyun answered and he shrugged.

Minho laughed. He wasn't surprised because of the answer. He knew Jonghyun liked to be special and he really liked it when girls (or guys) looked at him. Even now a few girls walked by giggling while pointing at them. Jonghyun smiled at them and winked. The girls screamed a little and quickly walked away.

"So, what have you been up to lately?" Jonghyun asked and he turned to Minho.

"Not much. I have been grounded for some stunt I pulled at the dance studio of my mom and I have to help her every Saturday in the studio." He said.

"Then what are you doing here?" Jonghyun asked surprised.

"I have to be back in about an hour, but I didn't have anything to do, so yeah..." Minho went on and he shrugged. "And you?"

"Oh not much either. I've passed my exams from the past semester. There is that boy I told you about who dyed his hair blond. He's looking at me like I'm some kind of god. I don't know what to think of it." Jonghyun said and he frowned.

"You're used to people staring at you, aren't you? Then why is this so different?" Minho asked surprised.

"I... I don't know. It just is. I get a weird feeling every time he looks at me. I don't know." Jonghyun said.

"Okay, let's not talk about it anymore. Let's do something. We still have an hour. Let's get some ice cream." Minho said and he stood up.

Jonghyun followed him and they walked out of the park into the center of the city. It was already really busy with people shopping and enjoying the nice weather. After a ten minutes walk they reached a big square. In the middle there was a big fountain. Little children were playing in the water and teens were sitting on the edges and splashing with their feet in the water. The sun made the water shine like diamonds and a little breeze made the temperature just right for the summer.
When the boys got their ice cream they went to the fountain. They sat down at the edge and looked at the people walking by.

"How about that one? , marry or kill?" Jonghyun asked at Minho and he pointed at a girl their age wearing a hot pants and a crop top. She was wearing a lot of make up and had her long black hair in a pony tail.

"Mmm, I would her." Minho answered and Jonghyun laughed.

"Of course you would, ert." He said and he slapped his shoulder.

"Okay, and that one? , marry or kill?" Minho asked and he pointed at a little grandma. 

"Are you serious? Marry of course!" Jonghyun said and the boys both laughed. 

"And that one?" Jonghyun pointed at a boy with a pink shirt and skinny jeans. 

"Oh no, kill definitely. I don't want anything to do with a ." Minho said. 

Jonghyun's smile disappeared. "Why do you think he is gay? And if so, what's wrong with that? You should really change your attitude against them." He said and he shook his head.

"He's a boy and he's wearing pink. He must be a . And I don't care what you think, it's just my opinion." Minho said and he shrugged. Jonghyun sighed and lifted his hands up in the air. He gave up.

"And you then? What about that boy?" Minho asked and he pointed at a blond boy walking by. He was walking with a lot of shopping bags and obviously wasn't enjoying the warm weather. His blond hair was sticking to his forehead and he pouted a little.

Minho waited for Jonghyun's answer, but it didn't came. "Jonghyun? Are you still mad? I thought we were over that." Minho said and he turned to Jonghyun. 

Jonghyun was staring at the blond boy with his mouth open. 

"Uhm, Jonghyun? Earth to Jonghyun!" Minho said and he waved his hand before Jonghyun's face. The boy seemed to snap out of it and he looked at Minho.

"Oh, uhm... I would.... I...." Jonghyun stuttered and then he closed his mouth. His eyes were still fixated on the blond boy. 

Just at that moment an other boy walked up to the blond one and stopped him. They talked and it seemed like the blond boy was getting mad. He tried to walk around the other boy, but the boy blocked his way. Suddenly he pushed the blond one and he ran away. The blond boy fell on the ground and all his shopping bags fell out of hands. The content rolled all over the square. Groceries, clothes, everything. 

Jonghyun jumped up and ran to the boy. Minho slowly followed him. He had to be careful. He still had a reputation to think about. There were people here who knew him. He could see them staring at him.

"Are you okay?" Jonghyun asked while he helped the blond boy stand up.

"I-I'm fine. Thank you." The blond boy said and he looked at his feet. 

"Let me help you with your bags." Jonghyun said and he quickly grabbed a few groceries and stuffed them in a bag. 

"No, it's okay. You can go. Really it's okay!" The blond boy said and he tried to stop Jonghyun.

Minho just stood apart a few meters from the whole situation and looked at it with his arms crossed. *Is this the blond boy Jonghyun had been talking about?* He thought curious.

"What's your name?" Jonghyun then asked.

"I-I'm Kibum, but everyone calls me Key." The blond one answered and Minho could swear the boy turned even more red than he already was.

"Nice to meet you, Key. I'm Kim Jonghyun. Now let me help you." Jonghyun said and finally Key nodded.

Minho grinned. Although he was a little surprised by the actions of Jonghyun, he knew Jonghyun was totally different than he was. He would never help a stranger, just because it could hurt his reputation. He looked at his watch and saw it was time to go. Time to clean the studio and see Taemin again. His heart skipped a beat when he thought about that boy. He sighed and turned away. He didn't want to ruin the moment Jonghyun and Key were having, so he decided to leave quietly. 

 

When he reached the studio the class was just ending. His mother was doing the cooling down. Minho walked to the cafeteria to wait for the class to end. The cafeteria was full of dancers waiting for their class to begin or jus to chill. He found a stop next to the windows looking out on the studios. He tried to stay calm, but inside he was looking for Taemin. When he finally found the boy, he felt himself relax a little. It felt like he had come home, finally. Taemin was sitting on the floor stretching his legs. Minho could almost see the sweat dripping off of him. His shirt had a big wet spot on the back.

*He must have been dancing so hard.* Minho thought. *I wish I could see him dance again. Just him and myself.* Then he shook his head. No, he already decided he wasn't good enough for the boy. Teamin deserved someone better as a friend. Not some bad guy like himself. He smiled sadly when he saw Taemin walking into the dressing room. *Time to get to work again.* He thought and he slowly walked down the stairs.

 


A/N: Hello! This chapter focuses a lot on Jonghyun and Key. I hoped you didn't mind. I wanted to show the other side of Minho's life and there is still someone there who can change him. Thanks for waiting and hope to see you soon again.

P.S. Thanks for the readers who voted up and commented. That really means a lot to me! Thank you so much!! Hope you keep commenting, voting up and subscribing. ^.^