Chapter 2

A Town Called Raven-Hallow
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sound her shrieking alarm clock startled her from her slumber, rolling onto her back she let out a heavy sigh and she sat up, even though it had just gone five in the morning things were still dark around the town, the rain had settled a little, it wasn't as heavy but you'd still get drenched if you stood outside for long enough.  

"Come on Ella, you have to eat something" Andre whined as she looked down at her porridge, she shoved a spoonful in and swallowed it "There, are you happy now?" "Yep" She raised a brow as he shovelled his food into his mouth, Ella had never really been a breakfast person, she liked lunch but all the other meals she wasn't keen on "So...I saw you speaking to Theo yesterday evening" "So? Does this have a point Andre?" "The guy clearly likes you" "No he doesn't, he's like my brother, well he treats me like family so I suppose I can class him as a brother" She mumbled to herself before eating another spoonful of porridge "He looks out for me and I appreciate that" Placing her spoon down beside the bowl she sighed before placing her chin in her hands "I doubt anything like love will happen for me" "You don't know that" Jonathan patted her on the shoulder "Ella, you are really beautiful, there will be someone in the future who will want to love you forever" Usually the guy would joke about but there was no joking tone in his voice "Our job as shadowhunters is a tough thing" "You can say that again..." She smiled "But if you find someone they'll love you for you" "How can you be so sure Jon? It's not like someone is going to walk into my life and say 'You're my soulmate'" "It could happen" She scoffed "Yes it probably could happen, but in this small town that's probably unlikely" Ella took another spoonful of her porridge "You've also got to remember how strict the Clave is, relationships between shadowhunters and mudanes are frowned upon, you both should know that" "Miss Aspen Weather?" She shot her head up as the head of the Institute Jeremy Waven approached the table, she audibly gulped, the man was probably in his mid fourties, had dark brown hair, and eyes that seemed to reach right into the souls they lay upon "There is some new residents in the mansion down the hill, once you have finished with your meal I would like you to go down there and look through the property and check the documents" "Yes Sir"

**********

"Wow this place is huge!" Tao ran up the winding staircase like a child "Calm down Zitao

Please log in to read the full chapter