That Feeling

My Lady Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Eun Ae comes up to me and shouts.

“I’m really sorry, ma’am! I slipped and Miss Gongh just happened to be below me and-“

“Don’t talk back to me! Areum I am very sorry about this half-bred! Please follow me and let’s get you changed!” Eun Ae picks Areum up from the floor and takes her to go to the very end of the hall. I bow and sigh, thinking that even though I messed up BIG TIME, I have been given a pardon. Sadly, I haven’t.

“You; you’re FIRED!” Eun Ae turns around and points at me. At this point, I’m pretty much ready to cry my eyes out and bury myself in a whole, but I guess that luxury is not available to someone as poor as me… I pack my bags and immediately go and look for a new job.

It’s late at night (about 10:45 pm) and I walk home a different road today. They started renovations on my regular one this morning, so I had to go around it and take the long way. By the way, did I mention I am directionally challenged? I quickly find out just how easy it is to lose your way when you’re not used to your regular one that.

“Oh my gosh! Where am I ?!” I stop under a single street light and look around me. Since I think my house is this- no!- that way, I go forward. Just then, I encounter an old woman and a man dressed in all black bickering. Actually, bickering might be an understatement.

“Let go of my bag!!! Someone help me please! I need help please!!!” the old woman cries as she pays a rough game of tug of war with the robber.

“Just let it go and you won’t get hurt, old lady!!!” he pulls out a knife and points it at the woman.

“OHO!!!!!” I jump, drop my belongings and run to the woman. I kick the guy’s hand to make him drop his knife then I bit his hand to release the bag.

“Run!” I grab the bag, the old woman’s hand, and my bags and run as far as we can. 

“Hey, come back here!!!” he starts running after us with the knife and my eyes go wide. I give the woman all our luggage and have her hide so that I can face the robber.

“Hoy! Don’t go around here thinking you’re so tough!” I raise m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter