Meet Gong Ju

My Lady Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Gong Ju, wake up! It’s time for breakfast! You have to get ready for school,” my mother calls out to me from the dining room. Let me start the story off by saying, “WE ARE POOR.”  Yeah, I know it’s depressing to start a story like that, but hey, life’s life. I can only hope for a life changing miracle tha can get my family out of this. So, you’ve already met me, Choi Gong Ju, and my mother, Choi Bo Na. She’s a hardworking woman who, including me, has four kids. I remove the thin blanket over me and get up from the floor. Yes, I do sleep on the floor. Why you ask? Because I would rather give up my bed and sleep on the cold floor than make my mother have a bad back and get sick. I wake up my brothers as I move through our tiny house.

“Tae Jun, Tae Min, Tae Kwang, wake up! Time to eat and go to school!” I slap their butts and steal their covers to wake them up.

“Noona, are you going to work again after school today?” Tae Kwang asks me as he rubs his eyes and sits at the table to wait for food. I lay down a plate of rice and hot dog on the table and they pray and start eating.

“Of course. Why? Do you need something?” I ask Tae Kwang as I sit down next to him on the table.

He pouts and shakes his head, “Nothing, nevermind.” I pat his head. Since it’s only me and mom who are old enough to work in our family, I have to make sure to help her out with our financial problems. After school and on weekends, I have work to be done as a maid for the richest family in all of South Korea(at least I’m pretty sure they’re the richest): the Kim's. They own sooo many corporations that I can’t even count a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter