Waiting Room

Nobody's Home

"1... 2 ... 3, cue!"

The spotlights shone on the stage and music blasted from the speakers. "Lalalalala lalalala... ..." The 5 beautiful girls on the fanciful stage started to sing their group's hit song .

They sang their hearts out and executed the dance moves perfectly. Each girl was a gem in her own rights. There was no wonder why they were named the Monster New Girl Group - they set the bar up really high for all idol rookies since 2014.

They are Red Velvet.

****************************************************

Thunderous applause and fangirl/fanboy screams erupted from the audience.

Despite feeling exhausted from the rigorous performance, Irene couldn't help but smile as she basked herself in the moment.

Habitually, she turned to her right - she wanted, no, needed to share this glorious moment with her. They had gone through so much to be on the stage together and finally, they had realized their dreams. 

Their eyes met and words weren't necessary.

Irene was caught in a whirlpool of emotions as she stared at those attractive monolid eyes and cute smile. She was happy, grateful ... and in love.

But the other girl wasn't aware - Seulgi broke the eye contact a few seconds later with her trademark bear smile, turning to face the crowd.

*****************************************************

"Daebak! The response from the crowd today is the best we've gotten so far!! YAY!" Wendy was bouncing with excitement in the waiting room after the performance. The 2 maknaes, Joy & Yeri, were also overwhelmed by the ardent support and Irene watched the 3 of them chatter endlessly with a motherly smile on her face. The smile on her face froze when it dawned on her that Seulgi was not in the room.

Irene stepped out of the waiting room and walked along the corridors. Worries started to cloud her mind as her eyes scanned high and low for the brown-haired girl. Did she go to the restroom? Was she feeling unwell? Did she faint ...

"Why are you here?" Irene's worries were all expelled when she heard the familiar voice round the corner. She was about to call out to Seulgi before a long-haired woman wearing a black military cap came into her view. Clad in a dark casual jacket and tight skinny jeans, the woman had her head down and was fidgeting in front of Seulgi. When the woman finally raised her head to talk to Seulgi, Irene saw the face hidden under the cap and she felt something stuck in . It was Krystal.

"I just wanted to watch live stages. Didn't know that you are still promoting." Krystal fumbled for a suitable answer, hoping that Seulgi will not see through her pretense. She kept her tone cold, as this is exactly how she should be treating someone who callously broke her heart repeatedly. She thought she hid herself well in the studio, covering her face and blending in with the crowd. Until Seulgi suddenly grabbed her along the corridor of the waiting rooms and led her to this secluded corner. Well, she might have failed terribly in hiding physically, but she sure as hell will not let Seulgi read her like an open book. No, she will not let Seulgi know the real reason why the famous Krystal Jung appeared in a broadcasting station despite her current hiatus. It will sound so ridiculous if the reason's that Krystal wants to see someone very badly. So badly that she overcame her phobia of crowds just to look at the person from afar - admiring how the person outshine everyone on the stage and how those cute eye smiles seem to melt her every single time. No, this reason is too ridiculous. Krystal can't help but scoff at herself.

Seulgi stared at Krystal as the tension in the air thickened. Krystal felt uneasy but before she could say anything, Seulgi's words sliced whatever's left of her broken heart. The words rang in her ears as she watched Seulgi walk away from her, leaving her alone in the corner. This scene happened way too often over the past 6 years. Krystal found her eyes b with tears once again. She brushed away the fresh tears on her cheeks as she laughed at herself, wondering how foolish the supposedly mighty Krystal Jung is - to have her heart broken by the same girl again and again in the past 6 years.

Jung Soojung, you are a fool in love.

 

 

"You shouldn't be here."