Two

Our First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our first confession

“Bastard,” Seungri drank his cocktail too fast until he was almost choked, “you are bastard, Kwon Jiyong!”

He didn’t stop ranting to the cocktail glass and even called it Kwon Jiyong. Some people looked at him with a frown, but he didn’t care. That night the Dolce Vita Hotel, of course it was Kwon’s, was full of relevant people in business. They came to celebrate Kwon Jiyong’s 27th birthday, another relevant person, and Kwon Company anniversary. If you talk about relevant people, of course The Lees was included.

Except this Lee; Lee Seungri, of course.

“Why the did I agree to your request again?!” he stayed talking to innocent glass. His cheek was blowing. His tone was mad, “you said that you wouldn’t ignore me and accompanied me and didn’t let me become awkward but look what you are doing now!”

Jiyong was talking with his collegues, definitely forgot that he had invited Seungri.

Actually at first, Seungri had said to Jiyong that he didn’t want to come. He didn’t want to meet people he had no interest in and talk about something he didn’t understand at all. Beside, Seungri’s present for Jiyong’s birthday was not something he wanted other people to know. But Jiyong really wanted him to come and he gave Seungri promises that he wouldn’t let him alone (who turned out to be empty promises, poor Seungri).

Seungri saw his parents plus Charin were talking with their business partner too and he smiled bitterly. Look, even his own parents didn’t bother to introduce him to their colleagues—okay, his mom tried to actually, but no one really paid attention to him because well, talking to the smart Lee Chaerin was more interesting. Seungri had received his mom’s apologize because his dad wanted her to always be by his side—only his mom and Chaerin, not him. Seungri knew maybe he was over-reacting but this kind of thing was really a sensitive matter to him. 

“Seungri-ya!” suddenly he heard Jiyong called him. Huh! Seungri had shown his annoyed expression and pretended to not hear Jiyong. But Jiyong kept calling him and came closer with someone.

If this was movie, Seungri would observe this guy from toe; fantovel, checked!, body; Armani, checked!, head; HOLYMOLLY HIS HAIR IS HELLA PINK?!  Seungri almost choked on his own spit.

“Seungri! I’ve looked for you so long!” Jiyong smiled and patted the guy beside him, “hey, this is Dong Youngbae. From Dong Enterprise--,” the Dong Youngbae guy nudged Jiyong’s rib immediately, “oh, you er! He doesn’t want to be introduced as ‘owner of Dong Enterprise’s son.”

“Introduce me with a proper way, you !”

“Okay, okay. He is Dong Youngbae. My life-ruiner.”

Seungri frowned. It was like… the first time he heard Jiyong curse to his colleagues. Jiyong was known for his politeness. So, seeing his comfort around this guy,they might be a so close friend. Well, Seungri was glad his hyung actually had someone besides him to act normal. Normal as in not-about-money-thing.

Dong Youngbae smiled and shook Seungri’s hand with high enthusiasm, “Youngbae. I’m Jiyong’s guardian. He needs me so much, you know? I’m sure it’s all about time he’ll cut someone’s .”

“Yeah, sure, Youngbae. Your .”

“Still jealous because mine’s bigger than you?”

“Who said yours’s bigger?!”

They look fun, Seungri thought while shook his had and laughed along, made the other two stop bickering, “Lee Seungri. I’m Jiyong’s--”

“Mine.” Jiyong cut Seungri’s word, “he is mine. So, with all respect, Mr. Dong Youngbae, would you stop touching his hand?!” Jiyong hit Youngbae’s hand.

“Ya! Don’t need to act all jealous!” Youngbae pouted.

Jealous? Seungri felt a warm feeling creeping out to his cheeks. He suddenly forgot that he should stay mad to Jiyong. Nah, who could stay mad to this amazing creature?

“Anyway, Jiyong told me so much about you.” Said Youngbae.

“Oh?” Seungri lifted his eyebrows, “he never told me about you?”

“He isn’t that important.” Jiyong shrugged.

“Forget this monk,” Youngbae kept pushing Jiyong aside—ya! You ! Jiyong almost shouted—and said to Seungri, “I heard you’re interesting in music?”

“This monk told you?” Not you too, Seungri! “well, I like dancing and singing a bit.”

“Cool. You should join my class every Sunday!”

“He’s good at dancing, Seungri. You’ll learn well from him. I can’t forget his ing flow in our high school’s prom night,” Jiyong smiled, “although he’s better at music—you should learn from him too. He’s from Julliard.”

“JULLIARD?! ING JULLIARD?!”

Other people looked at them immediately, shocked.

“Oops, sorry.” Seungri grinned, “but… Julliard?! Aren’t you supposed to be in Philharmonic or something now?”

”I haven’t graduated yet and I’m taking my summer holiday now. I can’t miss Jiyong’s birthday or he’ll sulk,” Youngbae smiled. He didn’t look arrogant because of it. Seungri was so impressed, “and I want to try to open a summer class for music. You know, wanting to make my holiday productive somehow.”

“Sleeping all day long is productive for me.” Seungri mumbled, “at least I’m healthy.”

“Me too, Ri, me too. My summer is full of document and meeting and deadline and I really want to feel the holiday but can’t get it,” Jiyong complained, “and look at him! Having a nice holiday but spending it for teaching brats how to press a piano tuts.”

“You two are such a lazy bastards.”  Youngbae was side-eyeing Jiyong before continued, “so, how’s that?”

“Are you kidding?” Seungri gasped as if it was so obvious, “Of course I’ll join—“

“Mr. Dong?”

Suddenly their conversation was stopped by Mr. Lee calling Youngbae, “nice to meet you here.”

As usual, Jiyong—with Youngbae now—turned to his ‘businessman’ mode. Youngbae bowed a little and shook Mr. Lee’s hand, “nice to meet you here, Mr. Lee.”

 “When was the last time we meet—oh, your brother’s celebration as new CEO, right?”

“Yes, Sir. I feel honored that you remember.” Different from before, Youngbae was so well-mannered and sweet-talker, like Jiyong. Robots, for Seungri, “how are you, Mr. Lee?”

“Fine, fine as ever,” Mr. Lee chuckled a bit, “anyway, introduce my wife and Lee Chaerin, my daughter.”

Youngbae bowed again, “Dong Youngbae, Ma’am, Miss.”

Mrs. Lee and Chaerin bowed back.

“And,” Mr. Lee now looked at his son, “I suppose that you just have met my son?”

“Son?” Youngbae frowned. But finally he understood as he turned his head to Seungri, “Lee Seungri?”

“Yeah.” Seungri smiled, sour.

“O, oh,” Youngbae looked surprised—like other people who met him for the first time, of course. It wasn’t new for Seungri. Besides, Lee was a really normal family name in Korea, “I… I didn’t know you had a son, Mr. Lee.”

Actually, his father was rarely telling someone about Seungri’s existence in Lee family. Mr. Lee always boasted about Chaerin, so just a few of his colleagues knew that Lee had another son.

“Well,” Mr. Lee lifted his eyebrow, “I think his sister is more ready to be introduced, Mr. Dong.”

“Ah,” Youngbae nodded—although he still didn’t understand, “has Seungri not graduated from Oxford yet?” again, people always assumed that Seungri would follow Chaerin to study at Oxford.

“He’s study at local university, Mr. Dong,” Mr. Lee said that as if it was a shame on Lee family, “still in his third year.”

“Oh?” maybe Youngbae knew Seungri wasn’t fine with how his father describe him because he tried to calm him down by commented, “Jiyong and I was from local university too. We were from KAIST.”

Jiyong told him before, he didn’t want to leave his mother so although he was smart enough to study abroard he chose to study in KAIST—Korea Advance Institute of Science and Technology. Of course it was one of the best university in Korea. Seungri was definitely not in their level. How could he always meet a nearly perfect person when he was far from perfect?!

But what Seungri couldn’t understand the most was… why his father could just accept him just the way he was?

“Ah, how about—“ Jiyong started to look for another topic, about company of course. He knew Seungri was upset and he didn’t want it happen on his birthday—moreover he promised to Seungri that this party would be fun.

“Excuse me,” Seungri whispered so low and he was sure nobody heard it—nobody paid attention to him anyway. Without waiting anyone an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter