One

Our First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our first meeting

1.00: Meeting with Mrs. Kim.

“But I’ve been waiting for… so long! This is really wasting my time!” Jiyong was so mad right now. He had waited for one hour straight but suddenly he got a call that Mrs. Kim couldn’t go.

“I’m sorry, Sir.” Park Bom, his secretary, was so scared because of his boss tone, “but she suddenly got sick and was brought to hospital. She couldn’t help it.

Jiyong sighed, “oh God—arrange my time to visit her, Ms. Park.” How could he be annoyed to poor lady with a poor health? Jiyong hang up the phone and back enjoyed his rest coffee. It was raining outside and Jiyong really didn’t have any mood to go back to his office. He inhaled deeply.

“Seungri-ah, are you okay? Ya!!”

Jiyong heard someone shouted behind him, so he turned his head out of curiousity.

A waitress was shaking a guy body. He looked so pale and almost fainted though. Jiyong could see six empty cups of coffee and one cups whose content was spilled all over the table.

“Nu’uh, I’m okay, nuna.” He whispered—although it was loud enough to be heard by Jiyong.

“I told you to stop drinking coffee, right?! But what is this? Seven cups?! Are you trying to kill yourself?!”

“Sssh! Why so noisyyy?!” he replied with a teasing tone but Jiyong actually knew he was in pain. Seven cups of coffee was enough to make your stomach growl in protest.

That waitress who knew that Jiyong was looking at them bow to him a little and hummed apologize and whispered back to the sick guy, “you should go home and rest, okay? Can you go home by yourself? Or… I’ll call  Daesung to pick you up. Wait—“

“No no no! I’ll go home now, okay? Sorry for disturbing you, nuna.” He packed his oh-so-heavy book, obviously tried to hide his pain. Jiyong—why he couldn’t stop staring anyway?!—read the title of his books; Principles of Economics, Basic Economics: A Citizens Guide to the Economy, Revised and Expanded, and other about economy which Jiyong had read when he was a college student. Suddenly he felt so pity to this guy. It was like… he saw himself in that guy. All hardwork, coffees, books, another coffees…

Jiyong shrugged and decided to stop looking at something out of his business and sip his coffee again. But his ears couldn’t stop hearing how the waitress literally begged to that Seungri guy to take a cab or something which Seungri just answered with ‘no’s that went weaker and weaker.

Holy. Jiyong sometimes hated himself because of heroic syndrome because now he really had the urge to help this stubborn guy. He immediately turned his body and pulled him, “I’ll bring you home.”

“W-what?!” the waitress looked suspicious, “I-I’ll just call taxi.”

Jiyong sighed, “look. He is this pale and we need to bring him to… at least clinic. Okay? Am I look like some murderer to you?”

Jiyong was sure as hell he looked decent.

He immediately turned to him, “can you walk?”

“Hmm…”

“By the way,” Jiyong whispered to him only  to keep him conscious—in hell he would carry him, “my name is Kwon Jiyong.”

Oh, poor Jiyong. He fainted first.

***

Our first chatting

Seungri: hello? Is this Mr. Kwon Jiyong?

 Jiyong: yes. Who is this?

Seungri: I’m the one you brought to hospital yesterday. I’m Seungri. Umm… remember?

Seungri: you give me your ID card

Seungri: I’ve tried to call you thousand times but you always rejected it.

Seungri: But turns out you have Ktalk so I decide to chat you

Seungri: Am I bothering you?

Seungri: I’m bothering you rite?

Seungri: omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg sawryyyyyyyy T_____________T

Seungri: I just want to say thankyou sooooo much!

Seungri: you even pay my hospital for Justin Timberlake’s sake!

Seungri: How to pay you back? I don’t like having debt!

Seungri: my mom will kill me T_______T

Seungri: She ever caged me for three days straight just because I accidentaly took my sister’s money! Holy I still traumatize about that. I hate narrow place since then and my mom was so sorry about that.

Seungri: omg I start rambling another unimportant stuff-___- I like talking randomly like this omg sorry!

Seungri: anywayyyyyy thankyou sir!

Seungri: I haven’t told you that I idolize you rite? Umm… I mean… my lecturer always talks about how success your company is on our class

Seungri: she will get heart attack if she know I was just meeting you lmfao

Seungri: okay…

Seungri: thankyou again

(Three hours later)

Jiyong: no problem. You don’t need to pay too.

Jiyong: you sure talk too much.

***

Our first introduction

Jiyong actually loved his mother so much. But now he really wanted to just slap her and go away.

Mrs. Kwon was a strict mother. She always demanded perfection in everything. Including, unfortunately, Jiyong’s future. She didn’t want his one and only son be being single too long. (And she really wanted to have a grandchildren. She was old already).

“I know you are a hardworker, Jiyong. But it doesn’t mean you can too focus on your company. You need a life. And wife will make your life perfect!”

“I can look for a wife by myself, mother.”

“No. You need to get superior genes, Jiyong. And I myself will make sure of it.”

So here they were, in a big mansion of Lees and having an oh-so-rigid dinner.

Jiyong took a glace to the girl in front of him. She introduced herself as Lee Chaerin, the only daughter of Lee family. She was so charming, elegant, and pretty. She was genius too, Mr. Lee told, because she was graduated from Oxford early with cumlaude. No wonder Mrs. Kwon was falling for her. She is perfection.

…but not for Jiyong.

“…so, how’s your company going, Mr. Kwon?”

“E, eh?”

Mr. Lee raised his eyebrow, “your company?”

“O, oh,” Jiyong tried to focus again, “I’m sorry for not focusing, Mr. Lee. It’s just… your tenderloin steak is so delicious, Mrs. Lee.” Jiyong gave his best smile. He knew that Mrs. Lee made the steak by herself because she told it before.

Mrs. Lee chuckled, and Jiyong knew she was blushing, “you’re smart with your words, Mr. Kwon. I’m touched.”

“A  man who’s smart with words…. Is usually player, right?” Mr. Lee teased, “and you are so handsome too. Plus rich. Success businessman. I bet every girls will fall for you from the first sight.”

“Unfortunately that’s not how my life works, Mr. Lee,” Jiyong laughed a little.

“He is too busy until he forget to look for girlfriend.” Mrs. Kwon added, “I’m afraid he will marry his document someday.”

“Mother.” Jiyong pretended to sulk—like a gentleman—and everyone laughed. Even laughing Chaerin was still full of charisma. Jiyong adored this lady so much.

Only adore, though.

“Mommyyyyyy!!!” suddenly someone was shouting loudly from the living room, “I’m home! Oh Gosh I’m hungryyy!”

“It must be my son,” Mrs. Lee smiled apologizing, “I’ll go to meet him.”

“You have a son?” Mrs. Kwon asked before Mrs. Lee can go, “wow, I never know?”

“Yeah, he is in his third years in college right now.” Mrs. Lee said, “and lives in the dorm.”

“Mom, why don’t you greet me back---omo!” the said one had entered dining room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter