Birthday

That One Important Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Hey everyone. Before letting you read the new chapter, I’d like to talk about something, I’ll try not to be too long.

Basically, after the last chapter, almost every comments I got were about the couple. HaeHyuk or EunHae? I didn’t mind at first but now on every comment, I get the question! And everyone seems to want something different! It’s still my story, and my decisions, and it just pains because it’s like you were saying that my story would be worth reading only if it’s Haehyuk or Eunhae, not because of the plot…

However I forced myself to find an answer for the readers, so I said that to me they’re on the same level in this story but maybe it’s more Eunhae. It’s still true, but I realised that by answering I’m forbidding some ideas that I could come up with but couldn’t write because I would hate making it looks like I lied or something.

Anyway, it just saddens me more, because at first I was amused seeing some people trying to guess whether it would be Eunhae or Haehyuk, and it’s more thrilling if you keep wondering until you read the answer in the story. Now there’s no excitation, there’s just people saying that’s since it’s this or that they’ll unsubscribe even if nothing actually disturbed them. If you like what you read then keep reading. If one day you don’t like what you read, then you can stop reading. If you had a good time reading the beginning, then it’s not a loss of time, right?

To finish I’ll just say that the fact you had to ask that question shows that you can’t tell by yourself that there’s one topping. There’s one seeking comfort and one protecting, but that’s all. There’s no reason their personality will suddenly bother you and make you unlike the story.

 

Well in the end I couldn’t make it short, I’m sorry, I won’t talk about this anymore :). I thank you if you read everything ^^ And thanks to strawberrypanties for cheering me up :)

Of course, it’s still your choice to read or not, but please don’t ask me anymore about the couple, it’s quite discouraging to be honest, and I’m just trying my best to create an interesting story…

 

Well, enjoy reading <3

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Donghae was doing his best, he swore. Like, really. But what was he supposed to do when his ing bodyguard wanted him to go home at 2 am?? It was unbelievable! He already did a good effort by letting him accompany him and Heechul in the club they had chosen to go to (which was quite the place to be), even if it just meant that Hyukjae was staying at the door, checking people that came in and keeping an eye on Donghae to prevent him from any potential harm. But now he was asking him to go home and sleep! While the fun was just only beginning! He already had his eyes on a beautiful lady that seemed enchanted to gain his attention. He could follow the line of her long legs with his eyes, but before he could actually start some action Hyukjae was in front of him telling that it was already very late.

“Oh yes nanny, take me home!” he whined sarcastically. “Seriously, Hyukjae? Go home now?! What are you, fifty?” He laughed at his own joke, clearly drunk.

“Sir, the ball taking place to celebrate your birthday is tomorrow, or rather today. I think you should get some rest before that.”

Donghae pouted, often acting like a kid when intoxicated with alcohol.

“You’re such a party pooper! Come on! Now it’s my birthday! You can have some fun too! Stay with us, dance, drink something! I won’t tell my father, I promise!” he was holding onto his arm with a bright grin but Hyukjae closed his eyes, trying not to lose his patience.

“Please Sir. I don’t want to risk you being sick tomorrow. You must be ready to attend the event. You have been here for two hours already.”

Donghae widened his eyes.

“Two hours? Really?” Hyukjae nodded in relief, pressed to go home. “Only two hours? I thought it was much longer than that! Means that we can stay for a while, right?”

He turned around and saw the same girl from before who was looking at them with slight concern, obviously worried to miss her chance to approach the Lord’s son and maybe more. He walked towards her but his arm was grabbed from behind. He was forced to turn around and face Hyukjae again.

“You’re so annoying!” He complained loudly.

“Sir, you should go home now. Don’t be irresponsible!” Hyukjae was clearly irritated by Donghae’s behaviour.

“And don’t be such an ! I’m just here to have some fun!”

And this cute girl would be a pleasing kind of fun, but the black headed man wasn’t going to give up.

“You are drunk! You can’t even see that this girl came here with a photograph?! She clearly wants to blackmail you after using you!” He was now glaring at Donghae for being so blind.

The blonde guy looked at him for a moment, blinking. Then he grinned teasingly.

“You know, you actually when you’re angry…”

Hyukjae was speechless for a moment, and then rolled his eyes. It was like a signal saying that Donghae was definitely out of his mind and he had to take some measures. He lift his boss up and carried him outside the club. Donghae was giggling like a high school girl until Hyukjae let him stand on his feet next to his car while he took the keys out of his suit jacket. The drunk boy pressed himself against the elder, sulking.

“You are really taking me home? Oh, I didn’t get to tell Heechul goodbye! I have to go back!”

He was already heading towards the entrance of the club again but Hyukjae held him back.

“Heechul left thirty minutes ago with a Caucasian girl.”

He unlocked the Mercedes and opened the door for Donghae. The latter unwillingly climbed into the vehicle, knowing he wasn’t able to fight Hyukjae, even less in his state. The bodyguard then closed the door, went around the car and hoped in. He immediately drove away, rushing towards the Lee’s mansion. But focusing on the road wasn’t easy with a drunk Donghae next to him.

“You’re so muscular,” he commented while looking at his arms. “Do you work out a lot? I try too but it’s really hard. And I think I’m hard too, hahaha, I should have taken this girl with me, she was hot, wasn’t she?”

Hyukjae sighed for the umpteenth time this night.

“She wanted to use you and hurt you for your money. I would have never let you go with her.” He said sternly.

“Aw don’t be so jealous! You’re hot too! Especially when you are angry. I like you better when you are not that ing emotionless jerk. Hell, don’t you have any human feeling?”

He had a hand on Hyukjae’s forearm, caressing it as if consoling him.

“You shouldn’t curse like that, Sir.” Was the black headed man’s only answer.

Donghae closed his eyes, suddenly very sleepy.

“Mmh… But it’s okay as long as you’re with me Hyukkie…”

 

-

 

He woke up with a deadly hangover. He opened his eyes and looked around him, only to see that he was in his room, even if he had no idea how he arrived here. He tried to remember but it was too painful. Instead he looked at his alarm clock and gaped, realising it was already ten in the morning. Why didn’t the alarm ring? Next to it he saw a glass of water and a white pill with a piece of paper on which was written “For your hangover”. He blessed whoever put it there and took it without even thinking. He then stayed in bed for a while, waiting for the effects of the medicine. After some minutes looking at the roof, he felt that the pain in his head was slowly vanishing and he sighed in relief. Then he tried again to remember the night before.

He went clubbing with Heechul, he was at least sure of that. He saw a pretty woman, and he really wanted to have with her, but seeing his actual state (and his bed’s state), it didn’t happen. The question was: why? There was alcohol, good music, yes… What else? Oh, Hyukjae. There he remembered. Hyukjae forced him to go home very early. He groaned in frustration and continued the mental replay of his night. He was taken to the car and embarrassed himself by being his clingy drunk self. He grabbed his hair, trying to forget his disgrace.

“Gosh, did I really say he was hot?”

He felt terribly ridiculous and he was positive that he wouldn’t be able to face the man for another decade. Sure he was drunk, but Hyukjae wasn’t the least so he obviously would remember everything, which still wasn’t Donghae’s case. Anyway he should just act as if he didn’t. Nothing. A black hole starting from the moment Hyukjae asked to go home. That’s it.

Feeling more confident, Donghae got out of bed to check his face. He didn’t look so bad, plus his headache had completely disappeared, thanks to the pill. He had been a lot worse in the past so he was quite satisfied with himself. He dressed up in casual clothes and decided to go and eat something. And drink. Water.

He opened the door and wasn’t even surprised to find Hyukjae, as he was already used to. The latter bowed his head.

“Good morning Sir. I hope you’re fine, I put a pill for your head on your nightstand. And I wish you a happy birthday.”

It took time for Donghae to actually understand everything. Okay so Hyukjae was behind the pill. Well, he admitted that has been a good idea. And he wished him what?... Oh. Damn yeah, that was it! He was eighteen, today was the big day! The corners of his lips switched a little upward.

“Yeah, thanks I guess,” he said, keeping his cool. “But I’m still angry for yesterday. I don’t remember much, yet I know you spoiled my fun.”

He thought he was an incredible actor and then he went to the kitchen after Hyukjae presented some insincere apologies.

Every cook and maid and driver and gardener and, and basically everyone was busy with the party business, and so it appeared quickly to Donghae that no one would be free to cook him something. He was about to get mad at some innocent young butler but Hyukjae quickly prepared something. Donghae didn’t protest and snickered.

“Now really? Seriously, is there a single thing you don’t know how to do?” He asked, thinking about how the man was always impeccable, organised and obedient toward Donghae.

“I was trained to face any situation, Sir. As in, every situations.” The b

Please log in to read the full chapter