Learning the hard way

That One Important Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hey ! :3

So here's the first part of this story! I don't know how many there will be, it will depends on my inspiration and the attention it receives ^^

I want to thank yeteuklove and FishyPali for their lovely comments ! ♥

This part is to settle the story, I hope you'll like it !

Enjoy !

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“This child is important, Hyukjae, more important than you.”

These are the first words that Hyukjae would remember in his life. The first sight would be the one of the newborn crying loudly, with his few brown hair and his little fists clenched in anger as he is disturbed in his sleep.

“Look Hyukjae, he’s Donghae. Go see him. You will have to take care of him your whole life. You will have to protect him.”

Hyukjae is only two (and a half!), and he doesn’t understand every word. What he does understand is that he will have to spend a lot of time with this Donghae. He looks at the little ugly infant in his little bed and winces, because truth is, it really is ugly, all red and angry.

“Why?”

His mother leans over him with a wide and nasty smile, as if it was obvious.

“Because you exist for him.”

--

Hyukjae’s life isn’t important, it’s useful. It’s what he has been taught very early, it’s what everyone always told him. Hyukjae is now four and he doesn’t have much memories, but he does remembers something, or someone. Donghae. Since he was born, Hyukjae spent all his time with him, as their parents wish him to.

At this time, Hyukjae doesn’t like Donghae.

Donghae is a crybaby while Hyukjae is already a big boy, and he doesn’t want to stay with a younger, because he is ashamed. Sometimes he sees others children of his age, and they laugh at him for playing with a younger boy. To be honest, Donghae isn’t evil, he isn’t mean, or even very clever. He is cute and very fond of Hyukjae. But the latter hates him anyway because he is stuck with him, and he doesn’t hesitate to tell him: “You crybaby ! I hate you!”. But then Donghae begins to cry again and his parents rush in, filled with panic. When they see the boys they scold Hyukjae, who decides to sulk, while a nurse takes Donghae away. Then his own parents come in.

“What did you do?! How dared you make Donghae cry? You must take care of him, it’s you duty!”

“But I’m not his servant! I don’t wanna play with him!”

Hyukjae doesn’t quite understand what happens when his mother slaps him hard, but he cries nonetheless.

“Don’t speak back. You don’t have to say anything. You don’t have to decide anything. You don’t have to think by yourself. Listen, obey, protect.”

They don’t say anything more and leave him alone. After that, Hyukjae is grounded for two whole weeks, closed in a big ugly room with nothing but a bed and a table. He gets two meals a day and every night a servant comes in and makes him repeat his lesson.

“Who do you live for?

Who must you protect?

Who must you follow?

Who is important?”

Hyukjae quickly learns better than to try to answer anything else than “Donghae”.

“Listen, obey, protect.”

--

 

Hyukjae learnt that lesson the hard way, but at least he did. When he could finally step out of that room, he knew he was expected to go and see Donghae, and that is what he did. He found the toddler sitting all by himself on a bench in the playground outside of the big mansion.

“Hey Donghae”

Donghae jumped because of the surprise.

“Hyukkie! You no sick anymore? I thought you were gonna be sick forever!” he pouted.

Resigned, Hyukjae went and sat next to him, not even questioning who told the other boy that he was sick.

“Wanna play?” Donghae asked with a big grin.

“Yeah, if you want me to.”

 

“If you want me to.”

That is what ruled Hyukjae’s life the following years. Whatever Donghae asked him to do, he did it without complaining. His parents were satisfied, and so were Donghae’s. The boys spent all their time together, even home schooling, their families not caring about the between them. Hyukjae had admitted to himself that once he accepted his fate, Donghae’s not so bad. He was cheerful, quite stupid, and always commending Hyukjae to do this or that, but the older had grown submitted and gave in in all his demands. One time he got severely scolded, because Donghae wanted to climb the tree in the playground, so Hyukjae helped him and climbed with him, but the younger slipped by trying to catch a butterfly and fell. Hyukjae tried to say that it was not his fault, but his mistake, as he learnt it harshly, was that in every circumstances he should protect Donghae no matter what.

He actually felt bad for the little boy who felt so safe with him, and went to see him in his room after receiving his punishment. Donghae was tuck

Please log in to read the full chapter