Grown up

That One Important Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heyy ~

I'd like to thank you for your support ! ♥ You seem quite curious about this story, so I'm very happy (and quite excited tbh) and here I give you the scond part ! It's not really the beginning of the story, but it shows the context, the universe and some of the characters you will follow in this story !

I hope you'll like it !

Enjoy ~

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

He walked through the aisle with a confident smirk. He turned his dark gaze to the right and saw people whispering in excitement. He turned it to the left and a girl almost fainted. His smirk widened while he focused on his direction.

He was so cool. And mysterious, and y, and charming, and confident, and handsome. He almost nodded to himself at his own thoughts.

He was important.

Donghae reached the end of the aisle, felt all the eyes on his back and chuckled lightly, totally satisfied with himself. Whenever he went, he always received that kind of treatment. People immediately became quiet when they saw him, fascinated by his looks and the aura that surrounded him. Even there, in a supermarket, everyone got hypnotised by his mere presence. He had grown up a lot from the fragile child he was once to a strong young man. He wore stylish clothes, dyed his hair in a gold shade and wore eyeliner to make his gaze darker. He knew he was attractive and everyone wanted a glimpse of him.

He was used to it but got quickly annoyed, not wanting to stay into this kind of place for a long time, because he actually didn’t like the crowd, unless he was far away from it.

“Found it!” a voice said next to him.

He turned to the right and looked at Heechul and his triumphant smile. He was quite tall, at least taller than Donghae, and quite the extravagant type. His clothes were always colourful, made by famous stylists. He was always changing his hair style, for now having them a vibrant red.

“Bravo, now can we leave this poor place?”

“Sure, sure. I’m gonna pay.”

Donghae followed the guy to the cashier and wait for him to pay his article. Once they were outside they went back to the expensive black car that got them there and climbed inside.

“You could have just asked a maid to buy it for you.” He groaned.

“Are you crazy? Don’t wanna risk my father knowing that I buy some lube, he’d rather see me dead than having a gay son!”

“You’re not even gay, you just whatever has a hole between its legs.” Donghae snorted.

“I like to keep it human, thank you very much. Anyway, he wouldn’t make a difference, and I still want a long life!” Heechul had a beautiful face and people often mistook him for a girl, but he sure had the right “p” and wasn’t afraid to use it.

“Okay, okay, as you want.”

Heechul was Donghae’s best friend. Well, in fact he wasn’t a really good friend, but he was his only true friend, let’s say as much as he could possibly be, so he put up with him. They had a lot in common, especially their social status that were close, so they hang out together, the other’s presence still being more bearable than all the ers that followed them like glue. They both came from very wealthy and noble families, since their fathers were members of the Oligarchy that ruled the whole country.

Centuries ago, the last king died without any heir, having lived so long that all his family, including his two sons and grandchildren, passed away before him. The argument over the succession became violent and no one seemed to see a solution, when a group of nine of the richest merchants in the capital came from nowhere and took the power. They stopped the monarchy and instituted the Oligarchy, in which the nine of them had an equal amount of power over different domains as finances, education or even territory organisation. No one protested since as really good merchants they ruled the country with success, and a long period of peace and prosperity began. When they established the new constitution, they decided that their firstborn, boy or girl, would be their heir and take their place when they would reach sixty. Donghae and Heechul, of course, were both first in line for succession, Donghae being the unique child and Heechul having a little sister. This way of succession made them different from mere politician. They had been raised for this task. They were more like several kings deciding altogether what was best for their people.

Still, Donghae was more special, they both knew that -everyone knew that. Because Donghae’s father was not just any member of the Oligarchy, he was the Lord.

As the years passed, one member of the Oligarchy distinguished himself by his important and great decisions. He was respected by all and gained more influence. As his son and his grandson followed his path, this bloodline became special. They were able bend everyone to their will, and naturally took the commands of the Oligarchy. Then was created the special status of the Lord, the one Donghae would inherit once his father would reach sixty. That’s why everyone’s minds were directed to him. That’s why he was so important.

For now Donghae was just seventeen, and he wanted to have fun. He did whatever pleased him, and everyone else did whatever pleased him too. He hung out with Heechul in clubs they could reserve for them and people they accepted, he had fun with all the girls that came to him, he was always the centre of the attention, he held big parties in his villa next to the beach, he could have almost anything for free… Donghae sure couldn’t really complain about his life. Sure there were some inconvenience, like attending boring events, not going to regular high school but studying complex subjects with old university teachers coming from all around the world, not being able to trust anyone… This way of life wasn’t perfect, but then Donghae always knew it. He had a duty, a duty that should always come in first, even if he was still a teenager and had times when he wanted to forget everything. He was not stupid. Full of himself, overconfident, arrogant perhaps, but not stupid, and so he accepted this life long ago.

“Hey! Donghae! You’re home!”

He jumped out of surprise when he heard Heechul’s voice waking him up from his thoughts. He looked by the car window and saw the great family mansion on the other side of the road. He thanked Heechul and his driver for the ride and get out of the vehicle. He went to the imposant portal and immediately a domestic went to open it for him. Hi made his way towards his house and exhaled deeply, satisfied to be in a familiar place.

Please log in to read the full chapter