Chapter 14 - The episode

Fate? *Hiatus*

If you are easily spooked, there is a part in here about a haunted house.

i've tried to keep the spookyness to a minium as it was 1am when i was writing this:P but just so you know^^

Chapter 14 - The episode                                                              

After arriving at the first venue, it was clear that they will be doing something with water as they have arrived at a pool. When everybody is out of the cars, they are asked to change into swimming outfits and come out to the pool. Emma is actually really excited as she loves to swim and play in the water. When all of them are changed and ready for action, the PDnim explains the second mission. It is played on a big mat and two couples of friends of the different teams go against each other, one of the couples have to survive in order to win. “That’s not fair, they have Jong Kook Hyung! And his friends is equal as fit!” Hongki yells out making the other team laugh. First there is a little time to talk amongst the group to see who wants to go against who. As nobody want to go against Jong Kook and his friend they decide by rock, paper, and scissors. The FT guys play against each other, and in the first round Hongki wins. The second round both Seunghyun and Jaejin win, meaning that Jonghun and Minhwan have to go against each other. Emma walks to Minhwan; “Oppa, fighting! Please win, Jonghun Oppa’s friend is a better match for Jong Kook-ssi his friend.” While giving them a smile. With tensions rising in both teams and cameras filming every move, the guys throw their hands, Jonghun throws scissors, while Minhwan… throws paper. While Emma and Minhwan scream “No!!!” Jonghun and his friend scream “Yes!!!”. Now the real game can begin.

The first round is Seunghyun’s team vs Jihyo’s team. Being the ace, Jihyo eliminates Seunghyun’s friend fairly easy, but Seunghyun takes out her friend at the same time. When they go against each other Seunghyun apologies to Jihyo; “I’m sorry Noona, but if I don’t Jonghun Hyung will hit me!” and he easily pushes Jihyo into the water. Then its Jaejin’s team vs Kwangsoo & Sukjin as they failed to brings friends. Jaejin’s friend takes out both Kwangsoo & Sukjin in one motion when he runs towards them and takes them with him in his fall into the water, earning a great laughter from everyone. Hongki’s team loses to Haha’s team as Hongki fell and slipped into the water, leaving his friend to fend for himself. Jonghun’s team vs Gary’s team takes a long time as Gary and Jonghun are equally as strong and are at a standstill. However, Jonghun is able to endure longer and eventually pushes Gary into the water. This makes the score 3-1. “So, we don’t have to go again Jongkook-ssi & his friend right?” Emma said with hope. But unfortunately it’s Running Man, so of course they have to go against each other. “Come on Emma, we can do this!” Minhwan says with half a smile while he helps her up the mat.

Once the whistle goes, the friend of Jongkook storms towards the duo in hopes of eliminating both of them, however they see him coming and step aside on time making for a funny scene. “Stay here, Emma I’ll try and get him out and if I fail just you know, use your skillset.” He says with a big smile before walking towards the middle of the mat. Of course Jongkook walks out to face him, but when he tries to push him of the mat he gets surprised. “Why are you so strong?!” “I’m a drummer Hyung!” Minhwan says with a smile while slowly pushing Jongkook towards the etch of the mat. “Oppa fighting!!” Emma gets excited to see that Minhwan is winning despite everyone’s initial thought. With his last bit of strength, Minhwan pushes Jongkook into the water. Before he can collapse on the mat Emma catches him in a hug, making for an interesting scene in the program. With their victory, it is the end of the second round, with the FT team still in the lead.

When it is time for a break so that everybody can get their strength back Emma walks over to Minhwan with some food and a water bottle. “Oppa, thanks for winning!" she says while handing him the water bottle. “Of course Emma-ya, I had to, I told you I would right.” Earning some more whooping sounds from the Running Man cast.

After some time it is time to continue filming, this time at a bowling alley. The moment they walk in Hongki gets very excited as he bowls a lot. “The mission is in pairs, whoever has the most strikes in 10 throws wins this round and gets to depart first.” With 12 alleys next to each other they start to throw as fast but as accurate as they can. Emma is nervous but she likes to bowl so she has some experience, the question is if she can perform under pressure. Right before she walks up to throw the first ball, Minhwan holds her by the shoulders; “You can do this, no pressure just pretend we’re out on a group thing to have fun.” He says with a smile before walking to the seats to cheer her on from there. ‘No pressure, sure it’s just us having fun, no cameras watching my every move or anything.’ But even with the added pressure of the cameras, when she throws she knows it is going to be a strike, and she walks back to Minhwan. “You’re right Oppa, just us having fun makes it better.” Not mentioning that she is pretending that it is just her and Minhwan at the alley on a date instead of a group thing.

After seeing Emma throw the first strike, the rest of the groups are in a hurry to get their first strikes as well, however some teams mess up because of the stress. Kwangsoo & Sukjin are the first to throw 10 times, and they end with just two strikes. Then comes Seunghyun & his friend with three strikes, happy they didn’t end up in the last place. Then with five strikes are the teams of Jihyo, Jonghun & Jongkook. Jaejin and his friend have six strikes, leaving Hongki+friend to go against Minhwan & Emma. So far both teams have only thrown 7 times, with seven strikes for Hongki’s team vs six for Minhwan & Emma, as she missed the last ball the threw. “Do you want to let them throw their balls first or do you want to throw at the same time?” Minhwan glances at Emma, who looks a bit more nervous than before. “Let’s do at the same time, so we don’t have to see what they are doing.” Meaning that it is Minhwan’s turn. “Oppa, fighting! It’s just us having fun right!” Emma encourages him from the seats, watching him get ready to thrown, but she can’t bring herself to see what happens. It isn’t until she hears Minhwan being happy that she looks at him, only to find him beaming his cute smile at her. ‘Focus Emma, you have a game to play remember. No time to admire his cute, so very cute… focus!’ she quickly glances at the team next to them to see that in the time that Minhwan threw, they already did it twice however missing both times. ‘We still have a chance, but it’s just us, no pressure. Come on Emma you can do this.’ After mentally prepping herself she throws… a strike! This puts both teams on eight strikes and one more ball to throw. “Oppa, it’s your turn. You can do this Oppa! It’s just us in here, no pressure right.” She gives him her best smile, in hopes it will help him feel less pressure of going against Hongki, who is almost a pro at this game. After what feels like forever, both guys throw their balls… Hongki’s ball reaches first and he misses one pin, whereas Minhwan hit a full on strike. Emma jumps up and down, and runs towards Minhwan to give him a hug. “Oppa, you did it! Daebak! Whaa you’re really amazing Oppa!” this means that they get to go to the last playing field first and they get to go in style. When they get outside a limo is waiting for them to bring them to the final stop.

In the limo, they can’t stop talking about what happened at the bowling alley, what the next mission might be and also about how good of a team they are. “Next time I‘m going on a program, I’m bringing you again. This is fun.” But before Emma can react to the stare Minhwan gives her while saying it, they arrive at the last place for today. It is an old, creepy looking building. “Oh, no please tell me that it is not a mission that involves haunted houses and things like that.” Emma says while hiding a little behind Minhwan. Unfortunately it is, whoever finds a mission spot within the haunted house, and solves it gets a hint that will lead to the end place where they will have to push a button in order to win. “Oppa, I am seriously scared of haunted houses. I never ever go in them voluntarily, so you owe me big time, we better win this stupid mission!” Emma says before grabbing Minhwan’s hand, the map and the torch that is handed out by the PDnim. “Don’t worry Emma, I’m right here with you so we will do this together, I promise.” And they enter the house.

At the entrance Emma looks at the map and tries to figure out where the nearest mission spot is, so she doesn’t have to go across the entire house to find it. Fortunately, there is one at the end of the hall that they are standing in. “Oppa, it’s down this hall the first door to the right.” “Okay, come here and you walk backwards while I hold you, so you don’t have to see and nothing can attack you from behind. Sounds okay?” Emma looks up to him for a second, feeling nothing but secure that he is taking care of her in this way, before she does as he suggested and buries her head in his chest and she slowly starts to move backwards. They move as one without having to talk to each other and even though she still hears noises, Emma feels save in Minhwan’s arms. After a short walk they have reached the first mission spot. Minhwan goes in first to make sure nothing jumps out on Emma. There are creepy dolls along the room looking as if they have been there a long time, but they don’t creep Emma out as much as she would have though. Mostly, because Minhwan is holding her hand to reassure her. The room is like an old classroom, with a blackboard where a mathematics question is written. Minhwan retrieves the card with instructions from where it was laying with one of the creepy dolls. “Solve the question before the time is over, or the consequences might be scary. Ohm Emma, I’m not very good at solving math questions, are you?” but before Minhwan is finished talking, she already pulled him towards the board. “I’m not very good, but this is something I know, could you just you know, make sure nothing creepy jumps me.” And she starts to solve the question. About 30 seconds later, Emma feels Minhwan closing up on her. “Don’t mean to scare you Emma, but you might want to not turn around before you solved the question.” Even though Emma is curious, she is also scared and almost finished with the question. “Just a few more seconds and then I’m… the answer is 1!” she doesn’t turn around until Minhwan tells her she did it. “Do I want to know what the creepy consequence was?” “Why don’t I tell you later, let’s get the hint card and move to the next location?” again Emma looks at the map to get to the closest mission area, but before she could figure it out, Minhwan grabs her and pulls her close. “Don’t look, just walk okay? We’ll just walk and we will find the next room.”

After walking around for a few minutes, Minhwan tells Emma to keep her eyes shut so he can open the door to the next location. This room is also a classroom but instead of a math question it has a magnetic board. The card tells them they need to make the puzzle with the magnetic pieces with another warning about the time. “I think we need to do this together to be fast. I’ll be fine, let’s just hurry this up Oppa.” They are pretty fast, but not fast enough for Emma to see something move from the corner of her eye, but she focuses on her hands making the puzzle. “Are you still okay Emma? We’re almost done, just a few more pieces.” However before she can answer she feels someone’s hand on her shoulder, and it can’t be Minhwan as he is using both hands to finish the puzzle. The moment he has the last piece in place, Emma screams from the fear. Two seconds later she’s in Minhwan’s arms telling her she’s okay, that their done and that they can figure out where to go next. After calming down a bit, they take the two hints they have to see if they can figure out where to go. The first hint says “2/5” while the second hint says “15/20” after reading both hints a few times, Emma has figured it out. “It the second floor, in room number 15.” “Why are you so smart Emma! Let’s go before the others find out.” Emma who is so ready to get out of the house, decides she can run for it without clinging to Minhwan. “I’m okay Oppa, let’s just run. The faster we are at that place the faster we can get out of here, but could you still hold my hand?” she asks shyly. As he grabs her hand, they start to run to the place where they can win the Running Man episode. On their way there, they go past Jaejin’s team who are trying to hold Jongkook’s team out of the room they are in. before either can ask something, the duo runs past them. When they are on the second floor, Minhwan holds Emma close as they search for the right room. Before they find it, one of the doors opens with a bang, revealing a ghost. Minhwan shields Emma for the ghost as they walk past it and into the room where in the middle of the room a big red button stands. “If you would do the honors Emma?” Minhwan says with a smile, before Emma pushes the button signaling the end of the mission.

When they are all outside again in front of the house, the closing scene is shot. “So, after several missions the end winners are Minhwan & Emma! Give them a hand! And as promised the winner will receive something they will love.” The PDnim comes out to hand a box to both Minhwan & Emma. They are Korean beef sets. “Now you two can go on a romantic date, with good food.” Jaesuk can’t help but make a last joke about them. After the filming is over and thanking everybody for taking good care of herm Noa arrives to bring Emma home. She is exhausted, happy but very very tired and in need of a long hot shower. 

 

So, i finally finished this chapter:o to be honest,

it was horrible to finish cause i had no inspiration 

plus ive been sick for a while now >.< but i've 

tried to make it a longer chapter to make up for it

Miiahne!