Chapter 12 - The message

Fate? *Hiatus*

Chapter 12 - The message

 

The rest of the time in Japan goes by fast and before Emma realizes it, it is time to head back to Korea. Even though she didn’t have time to worry about Jason, the moment they land in Korea her mind gets dark with thoughts of him. “Are you okay?” She hears Minhwan ask her quietly when they are waiting for their suitcases. “Mm, I’m okay Oppa. I guess I’m just a bit tired.” Minhwan gives her a look as if he knows that she is lying but before she can say something else, Yonghwa runs up to them. “Guys, I have daebak news! FT Island has been asked to come on Running Man as part of your comeback! The concept etc is still being decided but if you guys agree with it you will come out soon!” The guys are ecstatic and they decide it’s a good time to have a small party. “Let’s not go somewhere but just stay in the dorm and chill.” Minhwan suggests. The rest agrees as they did just ended their Japanese tour, which means all of them are tired. “Seunghyun is still upset about seeing Noa with her Sunbae, maybe tonight they can finally talk.” Minhwan whispers to Emma.

That night it was a party at the dorm with chicken and beer. The guys were excited about getting on to Running Man, as only Hongki has been on before. “Hongki Oppa, will you be better this time?” Emma teases him. “Yah! Emma-ya! I was awesome before, they just didn’t film those moments!” Hongki replies while –softly- throwing a pillow in her direction. At that moment, Jonghun’s phone goes off. He puts the phone on speaker as it is Yonghwa. “Guys the theme has been decided by the PDnims. It is going to involve your friends, not just any friends but friends from other countries. Also you will film in two weeks! Will that be okay?” Yonghwa didn’t get to hear an answer as the guys were already thinking out loud who to ask. Emma feels a hand on her shoulder and when she looks up she sees the smiling face of Minhwan. “Do you want to come on as my foreign friend Emma?” he asks shyly. “You don’t have to if you’re not comfortable or you can go on as one of the other guys’ friend?” Emma doesn’t need time to think about it and hugs Minhwan. “Of course I want to go on as your friend Oppa! I love Running Man and I am your friend, so why would I say no?”

After a while when all the guys found people to go on the show with, and they calmed down it was time to play a game. Truth or dare was the pick. The first one up was Jaejin and as he chose truth Noa had the perfect question. “Oppa, you have a girl you like right? I mean like really really like?” “N..Noooo.” he tries to sound innocent but everybody already knows the answer is yes, as he turns as red as a tomato. Next up was Seunghyun and he chose Dare. Before anyone can say anything Emma gives the dare. “I dare you to say your true feelings.” Everybody stares at Emma in shock except Minhwan, as they planned this together. Emma just looks at Seunghyun and winks at him and turns her head slowly to Noa. “I hated seeing you with your Sunbae.” Seunghyun blurts out. Even though they hoped it would happen, Minhwan and Emma are just as surprised by the confession as the rest of the group, including Seunghyun himself. “Then why hook up with a random girl?” Was Noa’s delayed response. The moment Noa said something, Emma pulled Minhwan away and signed to the others to leave the two alone.

After hanging out in the kitchen with the five of them Emma decides to look around the door to see what is happening. When she turns back to the guys she can’t help but have a huge smile on her face. “So, they are uhm doing the full on makeout!” Emma isn’t done speaking or the guys run into the living room. “Yah! I didn’t tell you so you could ruin it for them!” she yells at them while she walks back into the living room. With a lot of teasing the night went deeper and deeper. While Emma is getting ready for bed, her phone give a bleep saying she has a message. The moment she sees who it’s from the phone drops from her hand. Noa, who was besides her getting ready grabs the phone and reads it out loud. “So you ran away to another country? You really think that it would help? I have connections and I will never leave them alone until I have you back! Are you sure you want them to perform before you are besides me again. Who knows what will happen to the drummer, a light beam could fall. Or maybe it’s the singer, an electrocution. If you just come to my side again, nobody will get hurt my love. Why do you make things so difficult? All you need to do is be next to me again and nobody will get harmed. Well, except maybe you because I can’t let you unpunished now can I? Time to come to me, my little pet.” When Noa is done with reading, Emma runs out of the dorm past a surprised looking Minhwan.

 

*Minhwan pov*

The moment Noa tells Minhwan what happened, he runs after Emma. Luckily she didn’t get too far before he caught up with her. He realizes she is on her way to her house and he decides to follow her at some distance and let her have time for herself. When they arrive at the door, he makes sure he can see the password of the door so he can let himself in, he is surprised by the code, 1192, his birthday. He waits a few minutes just in case she is changing or anything, before he opens the door. The first time that crosses his mind is, she put on a cd. The second thing is that it’s Emma her voice. When he looks around the corner to the living room he sees Emma on her knees, singing her heart out. ‘Emma, my Emma. Why do you hurt so much alone in the dark?’ Even though he has tried not to think of Emma as his, he can’t help it when he sees her like this. He snaps out of his thought when he hears Emma say his name. “Minhwan Oppa, why does he keep doing this to me? Why does he keep threatening the people I like?” When Minhwan looks up, he realizes that she doesn’t know he is actually in the room. ‘I don’t know Emma-ya, but I will find a way to make him stop!’ After a few songs Emma, starts to get up but because she was sitting in a strange position her legs can’t carry her, but before she falls Minhwan catches her. “Oppa, my Oppa of course you were here.” Emma says with a drunken laugh. She stretches out her hand and slowly puts it on his cheek. “Why is it that whenever I fall, you catch me?” Not sure how to answer that, Minhwan asks Emma a question. “Why is your door code my birthday?” Emma looks up to him and smiles one of her sweet smiles. “So you can come and catch me Oppa, why else.” Before Minhwan can respond, Emma falls asleep in his arms. He lifts her up and carries her to bed. When he lays her down Emma wakes up a bit. “I’m sorry Oppa.” A tear escapes from the corner of her eye. Before he realizes it, he reaches his hand and wipes the tear away. “Shh my Emma just sleep. We’ll talk in the morning. Don’t worry now.” She grabs his hand and falls back to sleep. ‘No matter what, I need to find a way to keep my Emma save. Wait, did I just say my Emma again.’ But before he can think about it more, he gets shaken out of his thoughts when Emma pulls his hand, to hold it close to her heart. She starts to mumble in her sleep and he leans in to listen. “No, not him, leave him, take me, no, no.” ‘What can I do Emma, how can I stop you from hurting so much.’

He pulls out his phone and makes a hushed call to Noa to let her know where they are and that they are staying over. “Noa, why is that guy still able to do this to her?” he is almost sounding accusing to Noa, even though he knows she is doing everything she can. “I’m trying everything Minhwan-ah, but this guy is good. If he wasn’t a psycho he would be awesome. We’re close to getting him, we just need a few more days. Minhwan-ah, how is she?” he can hear Noa’s voice closing up. He may not know Noa for as long as Minhwan but he knows her long enough to realize she really cares for Emma. “She is crying in her sleep, she won’t let go of my hand.” “Then don’t let go, keep close to her. I see the way you look at her you know. Even if you don’t realize it yourself yet.” And with that Noa hung up. Minhwan stares at his phone for a few seconds before he looks at Emma. She started to get a bigger nightmare and she moves in her sleep as if she is trying to run away. “Emma, you’re having a nightmare. Emma wake up, it’s just a nightmare.” After a few more tries her eyes finally open. Scared, big eyes look at Minhwan, but as soon as Emma comes back to reality her eyes turn normal again. Her normal, beautiful blue eyes. “Oppa, what is happening?” “You were having a nightmare Emma-ya. Do you want to stay here or do you want to sleep at the dorm?” “I... I... I don’t know what I want Oppa. All I know is that I’m tired of being scared and I’m tired of worrying. Can’t you just hold me?” Minhwan looks down at Emma as she holds on to him as if she is scared he will get up and run. He holds her hands softly and pushes her away from him a little bit. He didn’t fail to see the hurt in her eyes, before he gets up and walks to the other side of the bed. As he lays down he sees Emma relax as she realizes he isn’t going anywhere. He puts his arm out and signs for her to lay down. She hesitates a bit, but soon she is lying on his arm pillow. The moment she lies down he holds her firmly in a big hug. “I’m not going anywhere, so sleep, sleep and don’t worry for now.” ‘Nor will I worry about my feelings for you now, or how you might feel for me. Tomorrow will be soon enough, but for now, for now just be my Emma who feels safe in my arms.’

 

I'm sorry!! I know its been awhile since I posted a new chapter,

Hence its a longer chapter than usual:o But i am sorry, i know waiting

for a new chapter :P However, its been busy lately. For instance, 

I got lost on a mountain, in the woods... yup that was great:P especially

because we were on our way to a cabin where we were going to celebrate

my birthday:P also, for some reason i have to give 4 presentations the 

coming week, so that fun:p but i will try and update more, especially since 

i've been having inspiration again lately;) as always, hope you like the story^^ 

please leave comments or subscribe to make me feel beter:P love!