Chapter 1 - The start

Fate? *Hiatus*

Chapter 1 - The start

 

Finally the big day has arrived. The day that Emma is moving to Seoul. She's going to be working as an employee of 'FNC Ent'. It's been 6 months since they offered her to work for 'FNC'. The first time they approached her was when she was still an intern at 'K-pop Company' in Sweden, asking to be the new Europe specialist. That time she said no, as well as the next 2 times they asked. Apparently they really want Emma to work for them. In the end she decided to at least hear them out and see what kind of contract they were offering. The contract stated, that in exchange for picking up her life in Europe and moving to Seoul, the company would provide Emma with an apartment. Also, as it is cheaper than moving her stuff, she would get a new wardrobe. Another reason, as she was told, she represents the company now. Besides these things, she will be paid for the regular work she will be doing, which would be basically the same as with the internship the year before. After thinking and talking with everyone around her, she finally decided to do it. Mostly because the job offer was good and she doesn’t have a better alternative.

 

Emma still doesn't fully understand why they want her and not someone with better grades or more experience. Not that she had bad grades, she did alright in school, just not the best of the best. Nor did she lack experience with promoting bands and especially with K-pop bands. That's how the company found her. As an intern, who could speak several languages including Hangul/Korean, Emma was in charge of communicating with the companies abroad. She also helped plan and organize the biggest K-pop fan meeting in Europe, with almost every big K-pop idol. While she is proud of the accomplishments, it didn't make sense to her that the company would want her so badly. Someone who just graduated and the only experience she has comes from her intership. Especially after hearing about the contract! ‘A well, guess I’ll find it all out when I meet the boss’, Emma thought to herself while taking one last look around her, in the now almost empty room. 'Time to move on and really live on your own now.' Although she didn't want to move in the beginning, is exciting. Scary but definitely exciting.

 

*A plane ride later*

When Emma lands at Seoul airport, there is a driver with a name sign waiting for her, making her feel like a famous person. "Anyonghaseyo, Emma-imnida." "Ne, anyonghaseyo Emma-ssi, I'll be the one taking you to your new home. If you follow me?" Even though they told her there is no need to take anything with her, she still brought some stuff over. Mostly pictures, gifts from friends etc. The driver took over the small suitcase and escorted Emma to the car that would take her to the new apartment. After about half an hour in the car, they arrive at the new place where she meet up with Jung Yonghwa, her contact person. He is the one who kept on contacting her and asking to sign the contract. "Ah Emma-ssi, how was the flight? Did you find the driver soon?" "Anyonghaseyo YongHwa-ssi, the flight was good, just very long! And I found the driver right after I went through customs. So everything went fine." "Good, shall we get to the house-owner for the contract and the code for your apartment?’ When meeting with the house-owner and signing the contract was done, they arrive at her door. "This is where I leave you to get settle. If you need anything, you have my number and your new phone is also inside. I'll be here tomorrow at 7.30 to pick you up and show you around work. See you tomorrow".

 

When Yonghwa leaves, she opens the door and walks into her new home. Standing in the door opening she tries to process what she is seeing. The apartment is way bigger that she thought! And the view is amazing, you can see NamSam Tower right from her living room! After getting over the shock of the largeness of the house, it's time to explore. The kitchen is just a normal kitchen with a dishwasher, big fridge/freezer and a kimchi fridge (which she has wanted for so long), which just happens to be fully stocked, just like the cupboards. After the kitchen it was time for the bedroom. The bed is a king-size one and from the bedroom the view is also amazing. The bathroom is next to the bedroom and just like the kitchen already full of products that Emma likes, shampoo, body lotion and so on. When they said they'd take care of her, who knew it was going to be as far as stocking up her home with everything you need! Lastly she looks for the wardrobe, and when she walks in she can’t keep closed. One entire room full of clothing, shoes, accessories and even a special corner for makeup, which is also stocked up. The room is like every girls dream, right out of a movie.

 

When Emma is done being shocked,  it’s time to unpack and send emails back home letting everyone know she is safe and describe her new home in detail. After she is done with the emails, Emma decides to lie down for a bit, because moving half way around the world can be quite tiring. But before she got to change, the doorbell rings. Not expecting anyone, Emma figures it is Yonghwa. Instead when she open the door, a guy stand in front of her bend over, trying to push past her. "Just let me in Noona, I need to use the bathroom! Why are you not moving!!?" In shock, Emma moves aside to let the guy use the bathroom. ‘Who is he and why is he calling me Noona.’ She don't know anybody yet in Korea and she definitely doesn't know younger Korean guys. After a little while, when the bathroom door opens again, Emma just looks on in shock. Not a younger boy comes walking out as she thought, but FT Island’s Choi Minhwan is stepping through the door….