I'm sorry

Athazagoraphobia

12-09-2014

It was your fourth anniversary with him. You painstakingly decorated the house you shared with him with balloons, party streamers and even spent the entire afternoon baking a Black Forest Cake, his favourite cake. You even went out to get a nice bottle of red wine and bought ingredients for the candle-light dinner that you two were going to have tonight, just like what he promised you in the morning as he left the house, giving you a quick peck on the cheek and assuring you that he would be home on time for the dinner. You were bubbling with excitement and anticipation. God knows how long both of you even had a decent meal together, with him being so busy with his idol promotions. 

 

That's right. Your boyfriend was an idol. Kai of EXO, to be exact. The boy of many fangirls' dreams. But he was yours. Your one and only. 

 

You hummed your favourite song as you took a nice long bath, to prepare for tonight and you even took the effort to doll up and put makeup. You hardly put in so much effort for anyone. Well, except for him. 

 

6.30pm

 

It was 6.30pm. He promised to be back by 6. Where was he? 

 

You started to feel afraid. He always forgot about you, with excuses being "schedules", "comeback performances" and the list went on. But you decided that you were overthinking and started to relax. Perhaps he was stuck in a traffic jam. After all, it was the time where everyone was rushing back home after a long day of work.  

 

7pm

As time passed, you were slowly getting annoyed. It was already 7pm. Where could he be? A traffic jam couldn't take him so long. Even if he was stuck in a jam, he should have called and told you, like what he always did. But the phone never rang. You decided that you had enough of waiting, and decided to give him a call to ask where he was and give him a good scolding about him being late on your anniversary. 

 

7.05pm

One ring. Two rings. 

"Sorry, the number you called is not available at the moment. Please try again later." 

It was the fifth time you had heard the monotonous voice of the telecom operator. 

One more time, you told yourself. 

One more time and you would give up.

 

One ring. Two rings. Three rin-

 

"Hello jagiya?" Kai said, happiness evident in his tone. Whatever he did before or was doing now, it certaintely made him happy. 

"Jongin ah, where are you?" You tried to stay as calm as possible, fervently praying that his answer was not in sync with what you were thinking. 

"I'm at the dance studio now jagiya! I'm so happy that we finally mastered the dance steps! You didn't know how tiring it wa-"

The line went dead as you slammed the phone down, tears of sadness and betrayal evident in your eyes. It suddenly hit you, hard like a rock. 

He forgot. Again. 

You couldn't keep track of how many times he had forgotten about you. Be it dates, visiting your parents, coming home early for dinner, it was only on rare occassions that he actually remembered. You never blamed him. Having an idol from one of the most popular groups as a boyfriend surely had its disadvantages. But you were willing to put up with it. At first, you didn't think much of it, forgiving him easily. But now, it was getting out of hand. He kept forgetting about you, until you couldn't take it anymore. 

 

"it wa- . Jagiya? Hello? Hello? Babe can you hear me?" Jongin was confused that the line suddenly went dead. He didn't think much about it, and dismissed it as a connection problem, the anniversary dinner not once crossing his mind. He continued to practice his dance while you slumped down on a corner, crying non-stop, not caring even if the makeup you had painstakingly put on was smudged badly. All you cared about now was him forgetting. 

 

He had hurt your heart over and over again. But you didn't mind and continue to let him. But now, you couldn't bottle everything up anymore. It was too much for your fragile heart to take. 

 

But your heart hurt so much. As you were crying, you thought of the happy times you spent together when he was a trainee, and the times when he snuck out in between schedules to see you. How both of you were jumping with joy when he bought a house to share with you. How both of you shared your first kiss, how he had his first night with you. 

 

You smiled bitterly as these memories played themselves one by one, over and over in your head, as if taunting and teasing you . 

 

10.30pm

 

"Jagiyaaa!! Where are you? I'm back!" Jongin's voice rang through the small but cozy apartment, but his question was never answered. The next thing he knew, you were calmly pushing a large suitcase which he recognised was his towards him and said coldly, "Leave". 

 

Hot tears threatened to spill out of your eyes, but you refused to cry in front of him and tried your best not to cry, afraid that he would bring you into his embrace and you would lose all thoughts of anger. 

 

He shot you a confused look, and tried to avoid reality by taking it as a joke . 

"Jagiya, you're just joking right? Don't scare me like this! Oppa will get a heart attack at this rate." 

 

His words did not move you. 

"Leave" you said, anger evident in your voice. 

 

Jongin's face immediately dropped as he heard the change in tone. 

"Jagiya you ok?" He asked, voice full of concern. 

 

"Yes, Kim Jongin, yes. Now take your things and leave. I don't want to see you anymore! "

You shouted, finally unable to hold it back as hot tears streamed down your face profusely, scaring him. 

 

"What happened babe? Did I do something wrong?" He frantically asked, obviously shocked by your sudden outburst. 

 

"No! You never have enough time for me! You always say you're busy. Busy with schedules, busy with fanmeets, busy with store openings, busy with commercial filming, busy with practicing new dance moves. You actually had the heart to even forget about the anniversary dinner we were going to have. You promised me you would be back home early! You promised! You always forget about me. I've had enough, Kim Jongin! I give up!" 

As you said that, your heart was breaking into a million pieces. He finally understood the light of the situation.  

 

"No babe! Please give me a chance to explain! I promise it'll never happen again! Just give me one more chance! I'll never forget about you anymore! Please jagiya!"

 

He said, tears streaming down his beautiful face uncontrallably as he went down on his knees to beg for forgiveness.

 

But his words were of no use to you anymore. You forced him out of the apartment you once shared with him, where the both of you guys' memories was created. 

 

He was still sobbing hysterically, begging for a chance to explain and begging you to not break up with him. 

 

But it was no use. 

 

"Goodbye Kim Jongin. I love you forever and ever." You whispered to yourself as you blinked back tears and slammed the door on his face, as you shut out his desperate bangs on the door and his shouts for your name. 

 

 

12-09-2014

 

It was your fourth anniversary with him. You painstakingly decorated the house you shared with him with balloons, party streamers and even baked Black Forest Cake, his favourite cake. You even went out to get a nice bottle of red wine and bought ingredients for the candle-light dinner that you two were going to have tonight, just like what he promised you in the morning as he left the house, giving you a quick peck on the cheek and assuring you that he would be home on time for the dinner. You were excited. God knows how long both of you even had a decent meal together, with him being so busy with his idol promotions.

 

But you never had the candle-light dinner that he had promised you. 

 

 

 

 

Athazagoraphobia [noun /a-tha-za-go-ra-pho-bia/]

: the fear of forgetting or being forgotten about 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello guys! Welcome to @seungriseyoo!! I'll be slowly moving over all my fics from @krystallll_ so do anticipate them and more stories!! Do upvote, comment and subscribe please!!