Chapter 1

Mornings with Tiffany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jessica, did you see my cufflinks?”

“I stored them in the second drawer,” Jessica took them out and handed them to her husband. “You need to be more organized, Tyler.”

“Well, if I’m organized that would beat the point of having you as my wife,” Tyler chuckled and tidied his shirt. “Are you going out today?”

“Yeah, maybe, to see my friend,” Jessica shrugged and looked at the digital clock on the nightstand. 7:00, she still had an hour to get ready. “Anyway I’ve prepared your breakfast on the table. I’m going to take a shower now.”

“Whoa, wait,” Tyler grabbed her hand. “Not going to eat breakfast with me this morning either?”

“You know I can’t handle breakfasts,” Jessica smiled and pulled her hand away. “Have a good day at work, Tyler.”

“We… haven’t had breakfast together for as long as I can remember, Jessica. Is it really because you can’t take breakfasts?”

“Are you saying that I’ve been lying?”

“No, that’s not what I meant,” Tyler sighed. “It’s just… I want to eat breakfast with you.”

Jessica chewed her lower lip and sighed. She felt bad that she had been lying to her husband. Although she did not love him, Tyler didn’t really deserved being lied to like this. “Alright, I’ll just… sit beside you. Is that alright?”

“Great,” Tyler smiled, “let’s eat!”

 

 

***

 

 

The street was bustling and Jessica was running to the small blue café in the corner of the street. She was 30 minutes late, and Tiffany wouldn’t answer her calls. Tiffany was definitely and absolutely angry, she knew it, but Tiffany should understand her position, too.

She sighed. She should have not accompanied Tyler for breakfast like she usually did, but this morning she just felt especially bad. They had been married for 5 years and never once Jessica cared about him more than as a… roommate.

She kept running and the café, with the fading wooden sign that Tiffany liked s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter